JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Would you like to have a japanese BF/GF?
yes 205 66.99%
no 35 11.44%
maybe 66 21.57%
Voters: 306. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#111 (permalink))
Old
Zagato289 (Offline)
Multi-Console Gamer

07-09-2009, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bELyVIS View Post
Many Japanese women don't want to marry Japanese men because work always comes first before family. Many have told me this.
true. i dont really like that idea, but i guess that how it is.

It's so easy, To think about Love, To Talk about Love, To wish for Love, But it's not always easy, To recognize Love, Even when we hold it.... In our hands."
--Jaka

(#112 (permalink))
Old
Guigoo (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Guigoo Send a message via Skype™ to Guigoo
07-30-2009, 10:28 PM

well, personally i'd like to have a japanese gf as long as she's nice, attractive and whatever else i like in GIRLS despite being japanese or not.

i think it sounds kinda creepy to pick someone out due to their nationality. people are not toys, so i think it sounds to me as though ur hunting a specific kind, i dunno, just don't like it.

but yeah, i'd definetely date jap chicks cuz i think they're usually cute both physically and also their way.
(#113 (permalink))
Old
GTJ (Offline)
Defeater of Weaboos

Send a message via Skype™ to GTJ
07-30-2009, 11:39 PM

I've known a couple people who only date Japanese men. In fact, they were in Japan with me. The first time I made a really good Japanese guy friend, the first girl started dating him and I never saw him again. The second time I made a really good Japanese guy friend, the second girl started dating him and I never saw him ALONE again.

So... weaboos aside, if you love a person for them being a person, good on you.

If you want a "Japanese" boyfriend, you're obviously not looking deeply enough. I would assume people who list this preference are under the age of 25 and still in the "OMG JAPAN IS TEH BEST!!1!?1!" stage, but hey, we all go through that.

I think.

To be honest? Most Japanese men are more feminine than the women. I could go ON and ON about this; It's actually becoming a huge social problem, and directly affecting the already negative birthrate. Japanese men, as part of the culture, do not outwardly express affection. We westerners need to constantly hear and see that we're loved by our SO, and you won't find that in Japan. Also, yes, work does come first, as someone mentioned.

Unless you'ree willing to overcome massive cultural obstacles (the language barrier being the first, and no, you WON'T learn Japanese just by dating a Japanese person) and possibly give up most of what you know and love in your native country to go be with that person in Japan (if they are unwilling to relocate), which is NOT as amazing and glittery as many here think it is, then no, I do not recommend going out of your way to date a Japanese person.

....and that might be the only negative nancy post I'll have made to date on this forum. Sorry boys and girls, but I've been there and done that, and while I love my significant other very much and am going the distance for her, it's not because I'm obsessed with Japan, and it's nothing to do with her race or ethnicity. It's HARD.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just very disappointed to see this thread come up at all.
(#114 (permalink))
Old
thcuteness (Offline)
Banned

07-30-2009, 11:41 PM

I really have to attraction the a japanese guy, but its always a possibility
(#115 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
08-13-2009, 12:03 PM

No, I wouldn't.

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#116 (permalink))
Old
crazzycat (Offline)
New to JF

08-13-2009, 12:54 PM

Because they all are so cute!!!

...Truth in wine...(Pliny Eldest)
(#117 (permalink))
Old
mercedesjin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-13-2009, 03:13 PM

I've heard recently that many Japanese men, even in the 20-25 age range, still believe the ancient idea that it's a woman's responsibility to take care of the household. :/ If so, I'd have to look for a Japanese man that DOESN'T believe this in order for me to date him.

LOVE: pass it on
(#118 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-13-2009, 03:45 PM

I guess... but, only if she was like, 10... I'm not doing the whole mature women thing again... not after my wife...

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#119 (permalink))
Old
Kravix (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Kravix Send a message via Skype™ to Kravix
Talking 08-14-2009, 04:08 PM

Since I became Bisexuall I was very atracted to Japan guys, especially those sweet blondies in Naruto cosplays... I just screaming like little Yaoi fangirl when I see them xD
(#120 (permalink))
Old
Kayci (Offline)
The odd Gaijin :3

Send a message via MSN to Kayci
08-14-2009, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesjin View Post
I've heard recently that many Japanese men, even in the 20-25 age range, still believe the ancient idea that it's a woman's responsibility to take care of the household. :/ If so, I'd have to look for a Japanese man that DOESN'T believe this in order for me to date him.
Haha, Not my friends/boyfriend.
They said 50/50. One actually wanted to be Mr. Mom...lol

Coffee prevents me from killing you.