JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Would you like to have a japanese BF/GF?
yes 205 66.99%
no 35 11.44%
maybe 66 21.57%
Voters: 306. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#241 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-30-2010, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
Hehe two reasons, I'll start with the non-shallow one first lol

The culture, like Kyoto where people still have morals and honor. But it would be cool if he was into Visual Kei and stuff too ^.^

and two, I don't know why but Japanese men have so much more sex appeal then American men to me, I don't know what it is but with American guys it's hit and miss, but with alot of Japanese guys it's 100% hit! lol.
What makes you think people in Kyoto have more morals and honor than other parts of Japan?
(#242 (permalink))
Old
GreyGhost (Offline)
JF Regular

Location: My body may be in Florida, But my heart and soul are in Japan
07-30-2010, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
What makes you think people in Kyoto have more morals and honor than other parts of Japan?
it's not that they have more honor and morals then other parts of Japan, but I like the old (fudel era) type of thinking, and Kyoto is more "old" type Japan, like the Fudel era is it not?

alice nine
(#243 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-30-2010, 10:47 PM

Quote:
it's not that they have more honor and morals then other parts of Japan, but I like the old (fudel era) type of thinking, and Kyoto is more "old" type Japan, like the Fudel era is it not?
Kyoto was the capitol city of Japan before Edo (Tokyo) became the capitol 150 years ago.

What is a "feudal era type of thinking"? In many ways these were violent and brutal times. I think you are transposing a storybook image of the honorable samurai to the way the modern Kyoto-ite thinks and acts.

Kyoto is a city with a lot of history and a lot of historically significant sites, but it is also a very modern city what is certainly the most interesting train station in the country.

(#244 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-30-2010, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Ah yes, Kyoto. Where the feudal system is alive and well under the city council. Modernized of course; civil servants are now allotted buildings instead of fiefs and they must 'farm' wages, with circular rotation of departments annually. Military service, as Japan's army is reduced to a defense force, has been replaced by obligatory periods of staring at anyone of foreign or lower status and tutting a lot. Of course, it's no longer acceptable to chop people's heads off or be openly rude to butchers and street cleaners, so instead every thursday is kancho thursday, where civil servants may get some pay back if said individuals seem to be getting uppity.
(#245 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

07-30-2010, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbine View Post
Ah yes, Kyoto. Where the feudal system is alive and well under the city council. Modernized of course; civil servants are now allotted buildings instead of fiefs and they must 'farm' wages, with circular rotation of departments annually. Military service, as Japan's army is reduced to a defense force, has been replaced by obligatory periods of staring at anyone of foreign or lower status and tutting a lot. Of course, it's no longer acceptable to chop people's heads off or be openly rude to butchers and street cleaners, so instead every thursday is kancho thursday, where civil servants may get some pay back if said individuals seem to be getting uppity.
*blinks*

Should my sarcasm detector be lit now?

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"
(#246 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-31-2010, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koir View Post
*blinks*

Should my sarcasm detector be lit now?
Like the Eddystone lighthouse.
(#247 (permalink))
Old
thatkid (Offline)
JF Regular

Yeah - 11-09-2010, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairebear View Post
Because some of the girls who posted in here need to come back to reality. I cringe every time I see someone say "Yeah I'd like a Japanese/Asian boyfriend because they're really cute and sweet and kind" - no, that depends on the individuals personality. Asian guys can be assholes just like guys of any race.
Your my favorite person here.

Using all of my sick time...

(#248 (permalink))
Old
GiannaR (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to GiannaR
11-29-2010, 11:09 AM

I don't think this anger is necessary. I think they only mean to say that they find Japanese men more attractive physically, I know I do, but that doesn't mean I don't find other individuals attractive, how could you get angry because someone is turned on by a certain look? like guys with Asian girls.. thats fairly common, some people are attracted more to Brazilians then others, I only read up to page 15 or something but I didn't read any post saying that they'll ONLY date Japanese guys and what I did read seemed like a poor expression of the fact that they find their looks more appealing then others.

If I didn't make it clear enough with all the 'i thinks' this is only my opinion so.. please don't bite my head off.
(#249 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
11-29-2010, 03:24 PM

Only if they look like Bou (An Cafe) or Rame (Vidoll) hehe. Else, Japanese girlfriend for me. lol

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
(#250 (permalink))
Old
oden (Offline)
New to JF

01-22-2011, 06:26 PM

I'd like to have a foreign girlfriend as Japanese ;p

My Japanese girlfriend says "find your job before cheat on"..