JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
chucky (Offline)
New to JF

strong hug from japanese guy - 01-24-2009, 02:46 AM

I know a japanese guy in early forties who happen to be my customer. My first impression of him was "suave". He also happen to grap my attention whenever I visited his co. But I dint do much as I reckon he should be married. We could communicate well in as he did his college in Australia. Then few months before I leave my job, I visited his co n , had lunch with him n one of his subordinate. However, before I depart, he told me he will leave back to japan. I was shocked. We begin talking and sent short message via handphone. Then I learnt he is a divorcee.
Before he leave for japan, we meet as usual n for the last time we chat, I gave him a light farewell hug. As I pull back, much to my surprised, he pull me back really hard and hug me on the other side of his shoulder. I guess he did it out of emotion as he's very reluctant to leave back home. Am I missing out something or am I reading too much based on one such action?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-24-2009, 03:30 AM

It might help if we knew if you were a guy or a girl, gay or straight, and what you are thinking about the guy.

If you just want to know if there is some meaning in his hug, he is an internationally savvy man, and it is 2009, so stereotypes probably won't fit.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
chucky (Offline)
New to JF

01-24-2009, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
It might help if we knew if you were a guy or a girl, gay or straight, and what you are thinking about the guy.

If you just want to know if there is some meaning in his hug, he is an internationally savvy man, and it is 2009, so stereotypes probably won't fit.
Dear MMM,
I am a modern woman in my thirties
Extremely straight n walk out of a "3-party" relationship a year n half ago.
well, I tot I have missed out on him esp when I know he's still available , plus leaving 4 Japan. But as we communicate, we could relate a lot to each other. By the way, he's been repatriate as he cant get along with his peers fm his office n GM wanted him out.
Eh, he's much a stubborn but someone that hold principle. Not much a high ego though. Can be gentle person, esp when we r together.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-24-2009, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky View Post
Dear MMM,
I am a modern woman in my thirties
Extremely straight n walk out of a "3-party" relationship a year n half ago.
well, I tot I have missed out on him esp when I know he's still available , plus leaving 4 Japan. But as we communicate, we could relate a lot to each other. By the way, he's been repatriate as he cant get along with his peers fm his office n GM wanted him out.
Eh, he's much a stubborn but someone that hold principle. Not much a high ego though. Can be gentle person, esp when we r together.
I think there is something there, but I don't know why he waited until the last second to show it.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
SmMo (Offline)
@ Uni and lurking on JF

01-24-2009, 09:34 AM

Quote:
I think there is something there, but I don't know why he waited until the last second to show it.
looks like how ive seen other japanese men deal with theese kinds of things, so carefull. they're in their 20s - mid 20s tho but they're the thoughtfull kind =p.

Laid back.

Has Claimed Aya Kamiki, mine!
(#6 (permalink))
Old
chucky (Offline)
New to JF

01-24-2009, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmMo View Post
looks like how ive seen other japanese men deal with theese kinds of things, so carefull. they're in their 20s - mid 20s tho but they're the thoughtfull kind =p.
could u elaborate above sentence...do u mean its their practice or somekinda tricks?
(#7 (permalink))
Old
chucky (Offline)
New to JF

01-24-2009, 11:01 AM

Quote:
looks like e timing and place is not right for us. I probably missed out. No fate is what we called...
(#8 (permalink))
Old
SmMo (Offline)
@ Uni and lurking on JF

01-24-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky View Post
could u elaborate above sentence...do u mean its their practice or somekinda tricks?
nono it seems its their way of dealing with theese kinds of emotions, no tricks. Like they want to make sure to convey the message without loosing to much face...

Laid back.

Has Claimed Aya Kamiki, mine!

Last edited by SmMo : 01-24-2009 at 11:49 AM.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
01-24-2009, 12:17 PM

It's most likely his way of expressing that he will definitely miss you. :3

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast
(#10 (permalink))
Old
chucky (Offline)
New to JF

01-24-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmMo View Post
nono it seems its their way of dealing with theese kinds of emotions, no tricks. Like they want to make sure to convey the message without loosing to much face...
ya, he's realy thoughtful towards me. He will take time to reply my sms n he realy doesnt like to disappoint me if i made certain request which is beyond his means. Now I really miss him!!!
And I will sometimes teased him with some things i see he does funny!!! sigh...what a loss, we could have been good together ...I think e different he is compared to other japanese, he share lots of inner feelings, (such as how sad he feels , how he was back-stab by his peers at work, how he persevere his principle at work despite he may have to leave e country) to me before he left.