JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

11-20-2009, 01:23 PM

To put it bluntly, I have found that they are genrally portrayed as sluts, although that just may be the cultural aspect.

If the scenes were real, no doubt many a male would crave, many a women would envy.

Of course it goes in all directions what other's may or may not think.

Cheers - Oz

Last edited by ozkai : 11-20-2009 at 01:24 PM. Reason: sluts
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

11-21-2009, 02:47 AM

Can you give more details about how women are portrayed, because in my mind there is a whole range of portrayals from very strong to very meek.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

11-21-2009, 03:09 AM

It could be a negative thing for some, but it seems to thrive and be accepted in Japan.

Did you ever see the "penis" festival?

You see young girls wearing Yukata's walking around sucking Penis lolipops!

I'm not sure if that would be acceptable in other countries..

Cheers - Oz
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

11-21-2009, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAussie View Post
Like their only intention is to please the male character, other female characters while being more normal are not a main part of the series but rather an "extra". It's hard to explain, it just seems every anime I watch (keep in mind I don't watch a lot of anime) they portray the female character always wanting to please the male character, or there is some underlying sexual tension between the character's that seems to be a far from realistic view of what a relationship may be. Where is the X-men of anime? Wolverine never saw Storm in the shower naked, or did I miss that episode?

I don't know of an Anime where this sort of unrealistic scenario and portrayal of women and relationships in general doesn't happen. It even happened in Death Note. I just don't understand why the same awkward scenarios are in everyy series, there must be something more to this that I am missing.

Maybe I'v just seen the wrong anime's, but every time I'v seen one it's been a random recommendation.
I don't that is true of EVERY anime series at all. It doesn't happen in Blood+, it's kind of the opposite in Rental Magica (one female lead tries to suppress her feelings and ignore the guy), it's also the opposite in Gantz, where the guy is trying to get the main girl's attention, but she innocently is using him. I didn't see all of Black Lagoon, but I don't think it happens. Doesn't happen in Bobobo-boBObobo.

I think it does happen, but not in all anime series, for sure.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
seiki (Offline)
aww fiegal

11-21-2009, 05:35 AM

well if all the anime you get is off of cartoon network then im going to assume a majority of it is like that. Other than the two mmm mentioned i can't think of any others not like that.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
11-21-2009, 07:41 AM

The anime got it right, guys always fancy girls, and sometimes imagine things. It's just how nature is supposed to be. They get attracted.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#7 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

11-21-2009, 08:05 AM

I don't understand what the last two posts are saying.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
xyzone (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-21-2009, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAussie View Post
Ok so basically,

What's with the portrayal of women and relationships in anime? I just checked out "DreamS" (someone named it in the must watch anime thread) why are women and relationships always portrayed in such an unrealistic way? What is it in Japanese culture that makes them portray relationships the way they do? Is this attitude linked to something? someone? anything?

Serious questions, I don't get it.
Just the character relationships themselves don't seem unrealistic to me at all, just idealized. But this is what people actually want. What they want to be like and what they want to be around, this stuff you see in entertainment. Believe it or not, women like being attractive and men like attractive women. Same goes the other way at least to some of that extent.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
k3nny (Offline)
New to JF

hey - 11-21-2009, 04:13 PM

i dont really gt the meaning "portray" but i think i understand wats this about .

to start with , anime girls have these because mostly its to add more storyline and characteristic to the character beside that , in japan they sort to think this as an entertain thing or sumethin , its also to atract more audience