JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
2yu (Offline)
New to JF

Plz give me advice for this!! - 02-13-2010, 02:11 AM

Usually, my bother picks me up after class, but yesterday I had to stay at school to finish the missed test, so I told him that I would call him when I finished. Unfortunately, I got some problems with my phone and couldn't make a phone call or even text message after finishing the test. At that time, my teacher had gone and there were no many people left at school. I was really scared because I've just transferred to this school and still not have friends yet. I walked around, hoped that I could see someone I know to get help. After nearly 30 minutes, I saw a Japanese guy that I talked to several times at school (mostly about my Japanese concern :]). I told him my situation and asked to borrow his phone to call my brother, yet he accidentally left it at home (agruhhh). Then, we decided to walked to his house to call my brother. Right when we got out of the building, he took off his coat and gave it to me 'cause "Its really cold today, you may get a cold." I was extremely surprised and disconcerted, but he kept saying that it was fine to him (:|).
I don't know much about Japanese and stuff, and his English is not good enough to explain whatever he thinks, so… Is it just a common thing that Japanese guys do for their friends? I kept on wondering about that because we haven't been together much or known well about each other.
I know its kinda silly to ask such a question like this, but… what should I do to show him my thankfulness?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Twisted (Offline)
Commander of Chaos

Send a message via MSN to Twisted
02-13-2010, 03:04 PM

Well, I know the Japanese to be "considerate" of others. However, I think he's just a gentlemen who helps a damsel in distress. I pretty much would have done the same.

What to do, what to do. Well, thank him for being so kind and considerate. I think that is the best way to go. But not out in the open. You may embarrass him by doing that

Sounds like a nice guy btw ^^, maybe he has an eye on you?

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition:
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.
Henry V, St. Crispin Day speech
(#3 (permalink))
Old
JustAli (Offline)
New to JF

02-23-2010, 03:16 PM

hi

how old was he? if he is more older than u ; probably he is just a gentilman.. on the school , u can say just "thank u for last day".. i m sure it will be enough 4 him..

of courz this is ma opinion.. ma idea..

u can do it however u want..
(#4 (permalink))
Old
2yu (Offline)
New to JF

02-25-2010, 02:54 AM

Thanks for replying :">
He's six years older than me hehe.
At that time I was just a little confused because we didn't even talk to each other much. Still, we now get along quite well and it seems not to be a big issue at all
Again, thank you two so much~
(#5 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-25-2010, 03:19 AM

How is he six years older than you and you go to the same school?
(#6 (permalink))
Old
2yu (Offline)
New to JF

02-25-2010, 05:31 AM

Why's not?
We're not high schoolers or something =]]
(#7 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-25-2010, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2yu View Post
Why's not?
We're not high schoolers or something =]]
How would I know that?

Do you mean you are in college, then?
(#8 (permalink))
Old
2yu (Offline)
New to JF

02-25-2010, 05:50 AM

yep, and he has worked for nearly two years before coming to the US I think.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
inkcorey (Offline)
New to JF

02-27-2010, 05:22 AM

i think he has the hots for you! ^_^

you should thank him for helping you

(#10 (permalink))
Old
Kageboushi (Offline)
New to JF

02-27-2010, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2yu View Post
Usually, my bother picks me up after class, but yesterday I had to stay at school to finish the missed test, so I told him that I would call him when I finished. Unfortunately, I got some problems with my phone and couldn't make a phone call or even text message after finishing the test. At that time, my teacher had gone and there were no many people left at school. I was really scared because I've just transferred to this school and still not have friends yet. I walked around, hoped that I could see someone I know to get help. After nearly 30 minutes, I saw a Japanese guy that I talked to several times at school (mostly about my Japanese concern :]). I told him my situation and asked to borrow his phone to call my brother, yet he accidentally left it at home (agruhhh). Then, we decided to walked to his house to call my brother. Right when we got out of the building, he took off his coat and gave it to me 'cause "Its really cold today, you may get a cold." I was extremely surprised and disconcerted, but he kept saying that it was fine to him (:|).
I don't know much about Japanese and stuff, and his English is not good enough to explain whatever he thinks, so… Is it just a common thing that Japanese guys do for their friends? I kept on wondering about that because we haven't been together much or known well about each other.
I know its kinda silly to ask such a question like this, but… what should I do to show him my thankfulness?
Are you 5? Are all Japanese the same?

No.

Just do whatever you feel like and if it turns out well then you're good at life.

Wooosshh . . .