JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Neffiline (Offline)
JF Regular

Question Couple activities on rainy days? - 04-16-2010, 02:34 PM

So, this is the rainy season in my country and my boyfriend and I have been bored out of our mind lately. We're running out of ideas on things to do.

We've done movie nights, bowling, video games, pool, card games, watching tv, museums, cooking and the likes.

I'm searching online for ideas but I can't come up with anything.

What do you guys do with your boyfriend/girlfriend on boring rainy days?

(#2 (permalink))
Old
WeeFugu (Offline)
JF Regular

04-18-2010, 04:27 PM

My wife and I tend to do all those things really. Rainy season sucks I know. I remember June in Japan. We live in Scotland now though, so the whole year is one big rainy season.

Now let's see, what else could you try.... Hmmm, how about playing an online game together? There are millions of games out there, to suit a variety of tastes, not just the usual fantasy MMO.

Either that or something crafty? Make something together, like a nice photo album of you pics or do something nice with your house by tidying some bits here and there?

I hate getting bored also, but now I am a Dad I just play with my son (6 months old, and so funny).

WF.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Undertherose25 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-29-2010, 01:33 AM

My husband and I play question games and tell each other stories from our childhood [though we grew up together so we share the same stories]. We also like to tell each other ghost stories.

We pretty much do everything you guys do...have you two ever thought about going to see a play or something in the theater? Go out to eat once a week?

♥Proud Wife of a U.S. Airman♥

Dir en Grey
(#4 (permalink))
Old
seiki (Offline)
aww fiegal

04-29-2010, 03:11 AM

Get a dog that may occupy some time, plan projects around the house, and you could always have sex I guess.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Michelle1968 (Offline)
New to JF

04-29-2010, 11:16 PM

Reading.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

04-30-2010, 12:43 AM

Live RPG! Where you play war around the house. Basically, play dress-up, play differeent personalities, make up stories!

I just knew someone would mention intercourse . . .-whispers- I just knew it

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
SaintKat (Offline)
Veni Vidi Vicious

05-16-2010, 06:32 PM

Activities I enjoy...

Lucky Dip Massage
  • Get a piece of paper and write down the names of different body parts (hands, back, etc)
  • Cut each word out separately and put it in an empty jar or container
  • Take turns drawing one paper at a time and having your partner massage you on the body part you've picked
  • Decide what your time limit will be (5-10 minutes is normally best to start off with)
Adult Lucky Dip
  • Get a piece of paper and write down the names of different body parts
  • Cut each word out separately and put in an empty jar or container
  • On a second sheet of paper write down different actions (nibble, kiss, breathe, etc) then cut each word out separately and add them to the jar/container as well
  • Like with the massage dip take turns drawing except this time draw one body part and one action per turn
  • It's more fun if you keep the time limit short, so 5-10 minutes is still best
Think of something you really don't like doing but your partner really enjoys and do that. Take turns.

Pick a new hobby for you both to try together and do it at home. Or sign up to a community class at your local school/hall/etc.

Just because you love each other it doesn't mean you have to spend the day doing couple stuff. Maybe having an hour or more just enjoying each other's company while still doing your own thing (reading, watching sports, etc) could work.

Tackle those annoying home jobs you've been meaning to do but never have the time for. Like fixing the leaky pipe in the bathroom or painting the spare bedroom.

Do a house clean and get rid of all the junk you've been accumulating for years and never actually use. Chuck out all the ratty stuff. Hold an informal swap meet with friends and/or donate the leftovers to charity. Some charities will come and pick items up which saves you the hassle of having to go anywhere.

If it's not too cheesy and you've got the friends to do it, double date. If the weather's too horrible to go out you can still have them over or go to theirs and do the cooking/movies thing.

You might not like it but if you're game then think about giving your boyfriend or girlfriend a lapdance. Wear your sexiest outfit, enforce a "No touching" rule and put on a show.

Turn your bathroom or living room into a day spa. Take turns giving each other treatments like a facial, a foot scrub, a manicure or a pedicure. Jump in the shower together and make an event out of getting clean by soaping each other down. Once you're done if you have a bathtub and it's big enough you can enjoy a long soak together or a bubble bath.

On a tamer note, try dancing. Yep just regular dancing at home. Hire a "Learn to dance [insert style here]" DVD from a video store or a library, or just get clips online. Dancing's a really good way to stay fit and flexible as well as learn rhythym and coordination. You might like it.

That's all I've got for now.

Nobody is perfect.
I am nobody.
Therefore, I am perfect.

Last edited by SaintKat : 05-16-2010 at 06:52 PM.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-19-2010, 06:23 PM

Let me guess. You must live in Vancouver.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Neffiline (Offline)
JF Regular

06-18-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicytuna View Post
Let me guess. You must live in Vancouver.
No, in Ottawa. Thank god it doesn't rain as much here as it does in Vancouver. But, OMG when it rains here, IT RAINS. Lol

Thanks for all the answers~

(#10 (permalink))
Old
KylieHJensen (Offline)
JF Regular

08-12-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neffiline View Post
So, this is the rainy season in my country and my boyfriend and I have been bored out of our mind lately. We're running out of ideas on things to do.

We've done movie nights, bowling, video games, pool, card games, watching tv, museums, cooking and the likes.

I'm searching online for ideas but I can't come up with anything.

What do you guys do with your boyfriend/girlfriend on boring rainy days?
You can always try to get into home-cooking. It's a great way for couples to find kindle their love relationship.

"Knowledge is Power" ... Francis Bacon
凱麗黃珍森