JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Yoshinori (Offline)
New to JF

I am a Japanese guy, but I am looking for a non-Japanese girlfriend! - 05-02-2010, 07:19 PM

Am I in the minority here?

Maybe that's because I didn't grow up in Japan and have never lived in Japan for extended periods (two months at a stretch at most), but I have always felt more drawn to non-Asian girls. I especially like Latinas (Mexican, Spanish, Brazilian etc.) and girls from the Balkans (Albanian, Serbian, Turkish, etc.).

But then, of course, every girl is special in her own unique way, so you never know...

Last edited by Yoshinori : 05-03-2010 at 10:53 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
honey21 (Offline)
New to JF

05-03-2010, 03:01 AM

One of My Japanese friend is also drawn to latinas...and he wants to date a non-Japanese girl too!!...What do you like in non-Japanese girl if I may ask? I mean personality or behaviour or something else?
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Yoshinori (Offline)
New to JF

05-03-2010, 05:15 AM

Both: personality and looks!

But of course, I feel that way because I know many Latinas and several girls from the Balkans... and I get along well with most of them (that I know, at least).
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Undertherose25 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-03-2010, 07:34 PM

My husband is [1/2] Korean and he's never been interested in Asian girls. Then again his situation might be a bit unique he grew up with mixed race parents. He and I grew up pretty much together and I never once saw him interested in an Asian girl...he visits Korea a lot to see his mom's family but he did grow up in America. I asked him before we got married and he said Asian girls are a little too dramatic and he likes the softer "curvy" features of "white" girls better.

Another friend of mine who is also Korean moved back and forth from Korea and America since he was about 8. He never showed much interest in Korean girls he's almost 29 and he's only dated two [his last and current girlfriends]...he always told me that Asian girls tend to be "mean", whatever that means...

♥Proud Wife of a U.S. Airman♥

Dir en Grey
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-04-2010, 12:08 AM

I'm attracted to Asian girls even though I'm white. I suspect reasons behind how we view things are from how we were treated growing up. I spent a large amount of time during my young formative years at a Dutch Reform school. The Dutch tend to be unfriendly to everyone who isn't Dutch, wich was me, heh. Anyhow, there was a Korean girl there as well, we tended to befriend each other kinda out of mutual self interest, since it was very difficult to socialize with any of the "purebloods" there.

I suppose that's the key element for my "attraction", I was never Dutch, so was never one of the in group. This girl didn't care about that and simply befriended me because she liked me. Believe me, that sort of thing can alter how you percieve things.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
honey21 (Offline)
New to JF

05-04-2010, 06:00 PM

Could you tell us more about what you like about them? Just curious
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-05-2010, 04:29 AM

Honey21; Was your last question for me or for the orginal poster?
(#8 (permalink))
Old
honey21 (Offline)
New to JF

05-05-2010, 10:01 AM

Oh! That was for both of you!!!
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Sputnik0 (Offline)
New to JF

05-05-2010, 10:32 AM

I'm a white girl, and I'm atracted to asian guys. I can't find any good explanation why, maybe it has something to do with my interest in Japan?
Also, I think some people have a tendence to be interested in something different from what they are used to..
(#10 (permalink))
Old
totallylost202 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to totallylost202
05-05-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sputnik0 View Post
I'm a white girl, and I'm atracted to asian guys. I can't find any good explanation why, maybe it has something to do with my interest in Japan?
Also, I think some people have a tendence to be interested in something different from what they are used to..
Having a relationship with somebody just because they're from a country which interests you isn't reason enough to have a relationship. However, it is true that it might spark something between you as it's exotic and different.

Picking somebody out just because they're a certain nationality is almost prejudice in a way: you're not giving other people a chance.
I can understand how you can be attracted to a certain type, though.

By the way, I'm a white girl in a relationship with a white boy. All my partners have been white, simply for the reason that where I'm from, there aren't any people of Asian descent. (I believe it's what you'd call 田舎 in Japanese. ) Being at university studying Japanese, I now come across many Japanese international students, but obviously I'm not interested. I'm for friendship, not relationship!

To the original poster: I know many Japanese guys who are interested in white girls. One of my international student friends is like that. You're not alone!

Last edited by totallylost202 : 05-05-2010 at 02:11 PM.