(#31 (permalink))
Old
Luckkiss (Offline)
New to JF

06-19-2010, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vithvicious View Post
To which I totally agree.

But what's a hypothetical situation that doesn't have it's fourth wall broken, really?

And I think you have to see how silly it would be to suggest that a hypothetical situation underlining the aspects of something that could possibly happen in order to illustrate the common pitfalls of the human mind yet at the same time not allow the deviance of reality to coexist within said hypothetical sets of existences; it sort of curbs a smile to one side.

But I only did so for comedic effect, not as an attempt to refute in variation.

I think you've nailed it on the head with your example but only because like you said you aren't allowing the existence of choice outside of what is available.

It is logically sound to close off any options from any hypothetical situation other then what the situation poses as it's question. Otherwise there would be no way to truly arrive at a conclusion of said situation and the concept of a hypothetical situation would lose it's meaning. But it isn't creditable to expect people to only choose what is given to them by it's very nature.

Again it is simply a very tiny refraction in logic of what I was using as humorist-ic fodder. Because if we choose to put back that "4th wall", you are absolutely correct.

I was only trying to leave a good laugh on the aftertaste of those that actually decided to read the wall of text in front of them.

I actually skipped over most of that wall of text.. sorry lol. What an effort to go to tho, well done! I agree with the point however that appearance is what we initially pay most attention to. But of course its also true that alot of the hottest people are not so nice to talk to... So I'd say for me its 50/50; someone as good looking as me but with a good heart.

Approach the world with open arms and you'll either be cuddled or crushed... I think I know which is more likely...
(#32 (permalink))
Old
vithvicious (Offline)
New to JF

06-19-2010, 04:24 PM

LOL, thankx.

You'd be surprised how much time you can find at work to do things. lol jk.

lol it's okay if you skipped roflmao. I didn't think anyone would bother really lol. But I didn't know how to drive what I was trying to say in a smaller form. I'm just long-winded like that. LOL

VithVicious1b.JPG goes here...

Last edited by vithvicious : 06-19-2010 at 04:32 PM.
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Luckkiss (Offline)
New to JF

06-19-2010, 05:57 PM

Haha me too sometimes... I seem quiet and shy at first but just don't get me going on a topic... blah blah blah.. its harder in typing tho ;P

Approach the world with open arms and you'll either be cuddled or crushed... I think I know which is more likely...
(#34 (permalink))
Old
bolay (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Yahoo to bolay
06-23-2010, 10:45 AM

I would say I go for both ^^

(/^3^)/ yaaaay I really It \(^3^\)
(#35 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
06-23-2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown View Post
While looking for a significant other do you prefer looks or personality and why?For me its their personality hands down since 1)Looks are not everything meaning they may be beautiful but their overall personality can make them ugly 2)With age looks start to fade away
Whether it is for significant other or just freinds, his looks will catch my attention, but the personality is the only thing that will keep it.

I will notice any good looking man, especially with almond eyes, but its rather like appreciating a good piece of art. It will not make a relationship. Often that hunk will walk over and speak, then its instant "oh, no thanks". on the other hand an average, or even unattractive guy may start up an interesting conversation that will make him seem a little better looking after a while.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#36 (permalink))
Old
Burundo (Offline)
JF Regular

06-24-2010, 01:48 AM

I got for both, but while looks will attract me to someone at first, personality is the main thing I go for. The girl I meet and I have to at least have some thing in commons even if we do have our differences. I believe that opposites attract, but like I said, there has to be some shared interests like movies or sports (which I don't like a whole lot, except for soccer, race car driving, basketball, and MMA....baseball's ok, too).

I SPELLED MY USERNAME WRONG!!!
(#37 (permalink))
Old
KungMartin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-24-2010, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neffiline View Post
KungMarting Agreed!! There are many guys like that around here too. They think they're so hot so they try to hit on me and keep coming back even after I've said no several times. If I say no, means I'm not interested and on a general basis also NOT ATTRACTED, which means you're really not THAT hot. Lol

As for the original topic, I would say a combination of both looks and personality is important. When I met my boyfriend, we were hanging out just as friend. He had told me before that he thought I was beautiful, but he wasn't really "my type of guy". Short, smaller, red head, etc, etc. I didn't think he was ugly, I thought he was cute, actually, but I didn't feel any physical attraction right away. I got to know him, his personality and things developped from there.
So just ignore them, they'll obviously leave u alone if u don't pay any attention..............

Difference between u and me in this situation is that u have all the control, I don't. It's not my gf, it's my brothers gf, and he's desperate like hell, so he probably won't leave her ..

pz ! <3
(#38 (permalink))
Old
ayumiyuu (Offline)
Satan's Bitch

07-15-2010, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsToDiscovery View Post

The point is, every healthy relationship starts with physical attraction.

<<<<<< I agree.

No one is a bad person just because he/she finds an other person attractive..physically. Hey, no one even will catch anybody with: Hi!! I can see you have a good personality, that impresses me..so wanna have a drink??
....ridiculous.
So I think there's no prob with physical attraction at first sight....then comes the personality.
When you get to know each other better it will turn out that you are ok together or not....

..but that's just an oppinion.

"..but the trouble is, the world is peopled with poor idiots." /Marquis de Sade/
(#39 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

07-15-2010, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumiyuu View Post
<<<<<< I agree.

No one is a bad person just because he/she finds an other person attractive..physically. Hey, no one even will catch anybody with: Hi!! I can see you have a good personality, that impresses me..so wanna have a drink??
....ridiculous.
So I think there's no prob with physical attraction at first sight....then comes the personality.
When you get to know each other better it will turn out that you are ok together or not....

..but that's just an oppinion.
Yeah, that's what I wanted to reiterate. It's not like I enjoy talking to brick walls, but there's no way to really tell someone's personality without having physical chemistry first. You have to be interested in the person physically to get to know their personality. And you're right, if you end up talking an you're not compatible, no harm done.

I just think most guys are full of crap when they answer "personality" because they want to seem righteous. If I had a penny for every time I've heard "...I'm not your typical guy..."

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography
(#40 (permalink))
Old
ayumiyuu (Offline)
Satan's Bitch

07-15-2010, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsToDiscovery View Post
Yeah, that's what I wanted to reiterate. It's not like I enjoy talking to brick walls, but there's no way to really tell someone's personality without having physical chemistry first. You have to be interested in the person physically to get to know their personality. And you're right, if you end up talking an you're not compatible, no harm done.

I just think most guys are full of crap when they answer "personality" because they want to seem righteous. If I had a penny for every time I've heard "...I'm not your typical guy..."

I still agree....Most of the people answer 'personality' coz they think this is the right answer....or it sounds good...but to say the truth I don't think they wiil act like that.
They are still humans and still are urder the spell of biochemistry....and its a fact..no one can act against it.

"..but the trouble is, the world is peopled with poor idiots." /Marquis de Sade/