JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-16-2010, 12:26 AM

There's no doubt that a physical attraction is somewhat important. It is certainly not something to base a relationship on though. I've known many successful long term relationships and marriages that have had very little to with physical attributes. The more the physical side of things are important to you the less likely the relationship will last in my opinion.
(#42 (permalink))
Old
xXCapoXx (Offline)
New to JF

07-16-2010, 05:38 AM

hmmm, its weird for me.

I think personality has a lot to do with it ((unless you like bad boys, aha))... but personally I'd want someone i also found attractive.

But a lot of the time if i talk to someone online, through text, whatever first, most of the time i like them before i see their face.

But in real life i base a lot of it on looks, but then again i have... weird tastes.

But a good personality is nice c:
(#43 (permalink))
Old
Sheemy (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Sheemy Send a message via Yahoo to Sheemy Send a message via Skype™ to Sheemy
08-12-2010, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown View Post
While looking for a significant other do you prefer looks or personality and why?For me its their personality hands down since 1)Looks are not everything meaning they may be beautiful but their overall personality can make them ugly 2)With age looks start to fade away
Thank u for the great topic,
I myself get attracted more by personality and mind, I've met a lot of beautiful girls but from the inside they were either blank (are only concerned about their looks and stuff) or ugly. however, a beautiful girl from the inside and the outside would be perfect, in other words beauty is also required but it's not the main factor.
(#44 (permalink))
Old
Sheemy (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Sheemy Send a message via Yahoo to Sheemy Send a message via Skype™ to Sheemy
08-12-2010, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNative View Post
There's no doubt that a physical attraction is somewhat important. It is certainly not something to base a relationship on though. I've known many successful long term relationships and marriages that have had very little to with physical attributes. The more the physical side of things are important to you the less likely the relationship will last in my opinion.
perfect, much agreed. that is my opinion too.
(#45 (permalink))
Old
Akihiko (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to Akihiko
08-12-2010, 01:12 AM

Anyone ever realize if you go for looks, they're completely inadequate for you, or have a tempter. Yet if you go for personality, the relationship is rather awkward in the end?
(#46 (permalink))
Old
KylieHJensen (Offline)
JF Regular

08-12-2010, 03:35 PM

Look can be deceiving.

"Knowledge is Power" ... Francis Bacon
凱麗黃珍森
(#47 (permalink))
Old
KylieHJensen (Offline)
JF Regular

08-12-2010, 03:37 PM

I used to always go for guys who are good looking. After a date or 2, I realize many of them are just dull. Now, I will choose personality over looks any day, if a guy has a great sense of humor, it goes a long way.

"Knowledge is Power" ... Francis Bacon
凱麗黃珍森
(#48 (permalink))
Old
Sheemy (Offline)
JF Regular

08-12-2010, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KylieHJensen View Post
I used to always go for guys who are good looking. After a date or 2, I realize many of them are just dull. Now, I will choose personality over looks any day, if a guy has a great sense of humor, it goes a long way.
Agreed ... I've also been with girls who were beautiful but either blank or ugly from the inside ... there are many good looking girls BUT the trigger that makes me tend to start a relationship is a good personality
(#49 (permalink))
Old
rabasuaug1310 (Offline)
Banned

08-19-2010, 04:43 PM

its depends on different situation ,
love at 1st site is a common thing !!!
but i like personality ,
if its not love at 1st site than definitely i have to think about the personality .
(#50 (permalink))
Old
evanny (Offline)
devil's advocate

08-19-2010, 07:57 PM

i dont get it...why people allways say - so... you date her/him because of the looks or how funny, interesting she/he is?
why dont just date someone who has both? a good looking girl/guy whos also a great person. seems to me like everyone who makes these topics thinks it is impossible to combine...and those people who chose looks are somewhat inferior to those who date person because of their "heart".
thats the part i think is total bullsh**.
i find that actually the beautiful grils i meet and know are also the ones who have the best personality and not the other way around.