JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
TJkills (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to TJkills
06-13-2010, 11:15 AM

it depends on what i want from the girl..........if im looking for a relationship or a friend with bennies.....the looks count but its heavier on the personality side ......if it's just sex looks all the way...... , but sometimes a girl with a snotty attitude is a turn on because i like a little feist when it comes to a girl looking for sex because they tend to give more of fight and i like some competition ,and easy girls arent fun -____-
(#12 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-13-2010, 01:54 PM

Considering the divorce rates around the world, especially those in western countries, I'd say that far too many people put more weight on the looks than personality.
You find someone you truly love then looks just don't matter. Although since having our kid my wife has packed on a few extra pounds which I am encouraging her to get rid of
(#13 (permalink))
Old
OddyStrix (Offline)
JF Regular

06-13-2010, 01:54 PM

Personality is definitely the most important, but looks don't hurt either.
I guess the perfect person for me would have a great personality and great looks, but since when do those exist? :P

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must first be different." -Coco Chanel
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
(#14 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-13-2010, 02:08 PM

The girl on the right is my girlfriend.

She enjoys rock music, anime, action movies, videogames such as pokemon and mario bros.

She's really kind, affectionate and has a great sense of humour. I can talk to her about anything and although she dresses and acts like a girly girl, I can talk to her like a bloke if I like.

She's everything I ever wanted in a girl and shes totally gorgeous. I have the best of both worlds

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#15 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

06-13-2010, 04:09 PM

I'll show some balls and say looks. Call me shallow, but I'd rather have a partner that looks great and can hold a conversation than a girl I find unnatractive but is a well rounded person. Too many people assume that good looks= stupidity or whatever, but this isn't true.

Can I find a great looking girl who is:
Smart? Yes.
Funny? Yes.
Fun to be with/spontaneous? Yes.

So I'm not going to sell myself short just settle, when I can go for the best. It's this type of thinking that has always made me successful in everything I do.

But for food for thought:
(You can imagine this scenario if you like, in the event that you've never been in this situation)

Say you're out on the street, and you desparately need a phone. You forgot your cell at home, and you're surrounded by a bunch of residential areas, so you can't ask a restaurant and there are no payphones in sight.

On two different corners of the street, you see two men. The man on the left is clean cut, dressed in business attire, and has a briefcase. The man on the right has long, knotted hair, a full beard, and clothes with stains on them. Both men have a cellphone clipped onto their beltloop.

Which man are you going to ask to use their phone?

You know nothing about either men, except for what you can see. In a completely platonic relationship, you associate the businessman as trustworthy and the other man as sketchy. The businessman could be a conartist for we know, but you'll take that risk because of how he looks.

Now let's change the roles. Imagine instead there are two girls (or guys if you wish) standing on the corner. One is a beautiful blonde in a miniskirt, standing tall and looking confident. The other girl has glasses and a hat pulled far down over her face, and is a little hunched over, lacking some confidence.

If you're a heterosexual male, who are you going to ask for the phone now? Most likely the awkward girl. Why? Because she's nonthreatening in a completely different way. You may feel embarrased talking to such a beautiful girl, so you'll bite the bullet and ask the less attractive girl. You know nothing about the beautiful girl, except for what you see. You assume she may be dismissive, but she could be the sweetest girl you'll ever meet.

Too bad you'll never know.

The point is, every healthy relationship starts with physical attraction. It's this attraction that gets you to get up and talk to the guy/girl you're interested in without ever speaking a word to them before. It's this attraction that keeps you waking up to the most beautiful person you've ever seen, without regret.

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography

Last edited by WingsToDiscovery : 06-13-2010 at 04:15 PM.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

06-13-2010, 04:36 PM

Personality comes first. I don't really care what a person looks like as long as they wash, lol.

But just because someone is attractive doesn't mean they will have a bad personality. People exist in this world that have both traits.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
edelweiss (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-13-2010, 10:02 PM

Thanks honoraryjapanesegirl!

About the "looks" issue. Everyone is more attractive when they're young but everyone will age (look at your girlfriend's or boyfriend's parents and grandparents if you want a sneak peak of the future!) That's why I mentioned sense of fashion. Even when looks fade, a sense of style can help any couple look great well into old age.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Unknown (Offline)
The Darkness

06-13-2010, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honoraryjapanesegirl View Post
Hahaha...you did make me laugh...XD Yeah, pretty much...for me anyway...Lol...not everyone's like that of course...XD
Sorry about the late response but I was busy with other daily activities in life.Glad to hear I made you laugh though and true since most(with the keyword being most) people go solely for looks completely disregarding everything else then wonder why their relationship did not work afterwards whenever breaking up

Feel My Intent
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

06-13-2010, 10:24 PM

Looks for me. Yeah that's right I'm that shallow.
Fat cows to the right, skinny giraffe's to the left, give me a swan and skip the silicone boobs.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
honoraryjapanesegirl (Offline)
Holy Dattebayo, Batman!!

Send a message via Yahoo to honoraryjapanesegirl
06-13-2010, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown View Post
Sorry about the late response but I was busy with other daily activities in life.Glad to hear I made you laugh though and true since most(with the keyword being most) people go solely for looks completely disregarding everything else then wonder why their relationship did not work afterwards whenever breaking up
And that, my friend, is why so many people wind up lonely, with a contrite spirit, and many, many regrets later in life...You've got a great grasp on the concept, and there are few of us who do...congrats, dude...

~...Why must the different be cast away, be cast into a deep, dark pit of loneliness, being mocked and scorned as the the enemy...and eventually...become it...?~
~HonoraryJapaneseGirl~
~.::{Akatsuki Clan Member--Leader of California}::.~
~.::{Michiko Manami}::.~