JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#141 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

09-12-2011, 02:42 PM

Let's be honest here, most of you are saying personality because you don't want to seem like a douchebag.

But, the answer is that you'd probably GO for looks. (don't matter if you chat with them once or date them for a number of years) you would still prefer a girl/guy that looked relatively disease free and reasonably handsome.

I'm shallow. I'd go for looks.

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#142 (permalink))
Old
OHayou (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-18-2011, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xYinniex View Post
Let's be honest here, most of you are saying personality because you don't want to seem like a douchebag.

But, the answer is that you'd probably GO for looks. (don't matter if you chat with them once or date them for a number of years) you would still prefer a girl/guy that looked relatively disease free and reasonably handsome.

Everyone goes for looks initially unless a friendship overtime turns into a relationship of some sort.

Caveat: When I say looks it can be that raw lust-inducing physicality of the person or their non-verbals (which 60% of communication is by the way - non-verbal) which attract you to them (confident demeanor, laid back-demeanor, extremely masculine/extremely feminine, etc.)

In the end though, connection is the most important which include both personality and looks and also other things not talked about such as: career or lack of one, morals or lack there of, drug addiction or lack there of, etc.

Lets face it, you can have a great personality and look great but if you do drugs and they don't, are a christian and they're a muslim, live with mom and dad and ride the bus and they have a career and roll in a mercedes, etc -- you're going to have some major obstacles to overcome in making that relationship work because...lack of connection.
(#143 (permalink))
Old
Nameless (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-19-2011, 06:02 AM

Quote:

Y helo thar wingstodiscovery.

I already answered to this same premise.
(#144 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
11-21-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:

This. I ruv u Yins, and yew know it<3

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast
(#145 (permalink))
Old
ImadakeOtosan (Offline)
New to JF

11-25-2011, 01:16 AM

All. Why settle for less?
(#146 (permalink))
Old
aldafariomar (Offline)
New to JF

12-09-2011, 04:54 PM

Personality is a wise move. Looks is a careless move. Simple as that
Personality is a long term. Looks is a short term.
(#147 (permalink))
Old
RustyBlackleford (Offline)
Banned

12-09-2011, 06:39 PM

Both. If it's just a pure sexual relationship, looks are 95% (personality only matters so they don't try to say it was rape even though it was consensual, they don't take money, don't think it was more than what it was, and know what they're getting into). In a steady relationship, looks are important since there should be some physical attraction, but personality is more important. I don't blame girls for not dating me since I'm short, black, and ugly, just the same way I would never date a big fat girl. Hypothetically speaking though, a woman wouldn't have to be a smoking-hot ten; I just prefer dating decent-looking girls (7's) if I had access to them.
(#148 (permalink))
Old
jasminoodle (Offline)
JF Regular

12-21-2011, 08:18 PM

im not gonna lie, its teh looks that first attracts me to someone, but then when i get to know them if tehy are nasty it puts me off them right away!

dudes are like hippy vans-

i dunno why, they just are

ahh, see. i dont have a japan-related sig, even though i love japan and im on its forum. that makes me cooler than david blaine,jerry springer,kirsten dunst,fearne cotton and the POPE, mixed in a cauldron, shoved in a handbag and served up in a sushi bar. eat that noodle fans! XD

ahh, now it IS Japan related,
lol!