JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Relationship Talk (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/relationship-talk/)
-   -   Do you go for looks or personality? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/relationship-talk/32328-do-you-go-looks-personality.html)

Unknown 06-12-2010 10:36 PM

Do you go for looks or personality?

While looking for a significant other do you prefer looks or personality and why?For me its their personality hands down since 1)Looks are not everything meaning they may be beautiful but their overall personality can make them ugly 2)With age looks start to fade away

honoraryjapanesegirl 06-12-2010 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknown (Post 815474)
While looking for a significant other do you prefer looks or personality and why?For me its their personality hands down since 1)Looks are not everything meaning they may be beautiful but their overall personality can make them ugly 2)With age looks start to fade away

Personality, hands down. Though, I do believe there has to be a little bit of attraction. ;) But I always look for personality...

Unknown 06-12-2010 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by honoraryjapanesegirl (Post 815476)
Personality, hands down. Though, I do believe there has to be a little bit of attraction. ;) But I always look for personality...

Does that mean 90% personality and 10% looks or 50% personality and 50% looks?Glad to see we have something in common though

honoraryjapanesegirl 06-12-2010 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknown (Post 815480)
Does that mean 90% personality and 10% looks or 50% personality and 50% looks?Glad to see we have something in common though

More like...99% personality lol...

Kururugi 06-12-2010 10:59 PM

Personality and ambition

Looks are always a little important, but I hope to end up with someone who has a compatible personality and an ambition to improve the world through science and technology. (Ideally, our aims would complement each others' and include partially overlapping ambitions.)

Being a math and science geek is a must or there's no way it would work.

That is, unless she's rich and is willing to let me fund researchers to achieve my dreams. Assuming multiple such options, personality would win.

Unknown 06-12-2010 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by honoraryjapanesegirl (Post 815482)
More like...99% personality lol...

99% personality and 1% looks.That means he can be the nicest guy in the world while at the same time look like a Alien/Predator(yes from the movie) and still have a chance with you?Of course I'am only playing around when saying that just trying to make you laugh but that's good to hear you go for personality more than anything else

honoraryjapanesegirl 06-12-2010 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknown (Post 815484)
99% personality and 1% looks.That means he can be the nicest guy in the world while at the same time look like a Alien/Predator(yes from the movie) and still have a chance with you?Of course I'am only playing around when saying that just trying to make you laugh but that's good to hear you go for personality more than anything else

Hahaha...you did make me laugh...XD Yeah, pretty much...for me anyway...Lol...not everyone's like that of course...XD

Zandelin 06-13-2010 03:22 AM

I usually try for a bit of both personality and looks but Im mostly with personality wise. Ones personality is what defines someone as to who they are.

edelweiss 06-13-2010 03:35 AM

I've been with the same person for 20 years this next spring. I went for common interests, intelligence, sense of humor and a good sense of fashion. I guess it worked.

honoraryjapanesegirl 06-13-2010 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edelweiss (Post 815508)
I've been with the same person for 20 years this next spring. I went for common interests, intelligence, sense of humor and a good sense of fashion. I guess it worked.

Wow! Congratulations!! That's wonderful!!