JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
GreyGhost (Offline)
JF Regular

Location: My body may be in Florida, But my heart and soul are in Japan
Questions for the Japanese men - 07-30-2010, 03:21 AM

I'm not sure this is where this goes or not, but I have a few questions for all the Japanese men out there.

1.Is height a big issue? I've met a lot of Japanese guys online who were '5"8 (just two inches taller then me ^.^
') and they always say height is a big issue for them, like they want a shorter girl.

2.Do Japanese guys find American women attractive? (I'm hoping this depends on the guy) but I've heard a lot of Japanese guys say that they would never date a American woman.

I'm not sure if I'll have more questions later but these are the two main ones.
Thank you -bows- ^.^

alice nine
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Akihiko (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to Akihiko
08-11-2010, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
I'm not sure this is where this goes or not, but I have a few questions for all the Japanese men out there.

1.Is height a big issue? I've met a lot of Japanese guys online who were '5"8 (just two inches taller then me ^.^
') and they always say height is a big issue for them, like they want a shorter girl.

2.Do Japanese guys find American women attractive? (I'm hoping this depends on the guy) but I've heard a lot of Japanese guys say that they would never date a American woman.

I'm not sure if I'll have more questions later but these are the two main ones.
Thank you -bows- ^.^
1. No.

2. Hell yes.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
KylieHJensen (Offline)
JF Regular

08-11-2010, 07:25 PM

I am 5'8 and I don't think they will mind my height. Unless the guy has mental issues (shorty syndrome), most men wouldn't mind dating us.

"Knowledge is Power" ... Francis Bacon
凱麗黃珍森
(#4 (permalink))
Old
GreyGhost (Offline)
JF Regular

Location: My body may be in Florida, But my heart and soul are in Japan
08-18-2010, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akihiko View Post
1. No.

2. Hell yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KylieHJensen View Post
I am 5'8 and I don't think they will mind my height. Unless the guy has mental issues (shorty syndrome), most men wouldn't mind dating us.
Yay! I'm glad to hear that Thanks guys ^.^

alice nine
(#5 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-18-2010, 08:08 PM

I've heard a lot of Japanese guys say that they would never date a American woman.

Really? Who? Where?
(#6 (permalink))
Old
EpicPhysicist (Offline)
Pimp

lol - 08-18-2010, 10:08 PM

Ur one short mutha** im 12 and im 5'11

When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left. and also i cant Triforce
.▲
▲▲
(#7 (permalink))
Old
cranks (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-25-2010, 02:05 PM

It's more like girls don't dig for shorter men in general, and I-HAVE-TO-LOOK-LIKE-A-MAAN factor is a lot stronger in the US than in Japan. Whatever the case, I don't see many guys going out with women who are taller than them, or speak in a language that isn't their own (Non-English) to their partners here in the states ether. It all comes down to personal preferences I guess. I don't mind going out with a girl who is an inch or two taller than me but I don't think I'll be attracted to a girl who is 8" taller, like 6'4". Not like she would be to me of course. Anyway, as long as a girl is hot and has a good personality, height is pretty much the bottom of the list, I think for most guys.

Last edited by cranks : 08-25-2010 at 04:29 PM.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
clairebear (Offline)

08-25-2010, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekojita View Post
but if you're american AND tall? Forget it. Don't think about getting a japanese boyfriend because that's not going to happen.
Umm, slight exaggeration there...
(#9 (permalink))
Old
chiuchimu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-07-2010, 03:17 PM

All guys around the world want to be taller than their girls.

It's personal taste, some find white women attractive some don't. Remember, even in the same race, guys taste in girls vary. In other words, I might find this blond attractive but not the other one.

If there is a Japanese guy your interested in, go for it, just ask/ study Japanese girls and see how they go about it. Even though the basic courtship thing is the same around the world, the signaling is a bit different in Japan compared to America.

Basically, be some what shy and quiet but responsive. Also, smile a lot and laugh at his jokes, that will give him the room he needs to make his moves. In, subtle ways, show your encouraging the relationship.

Last edited by chiuchimu : 09-07-2010 at 03:20 PM.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
clairebear (Offline)

09-07-2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekojita View Post
Nope, I only know what I'm talking about
I lived in Japan for a while, with a lot of other foreigners and japanese people in a guesthouse. Believe me when I say it happens as often as quadruplets.
The only foreign girl (and there were plenty of pretty beautiful girls in that house) with a japanese bf was a rather small, anorexic swedish girl (plus she was very blonde and only nineteen years old).
Sorry, but thats what it usually is like.
Even if it's rare, you shouldn't put people off by making it sound as if it would NEVER happen under any circumstances. I'm sure there are Japanese men out there who wouldn't mind dating a "tall" (how tall are we talking here?) American girl. After all, not every Japanese man is a midget...