JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
nobora (Offline)
Fan Ichigou

What should I do? - 08-05-2010, 03:36 AM

So Im not with this guy , we used to but we broke up. And for the past 3 or so days we've been talking and saying how much we miss each other and stuff like that.

The girl he dated before me ( who went with another guy broke his heart and now comes back) asked him out. He told her he'll think bout it. And he asked me if i would be ok with him dating her. I told him its his life his desicon.

But really we all know thats a lie.

What do i do??
(#2 (permalink))
Old
willgoestocollege (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-05-2010, 03:47 AM

I would give it some time and see what happens.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
ModusOperandi (Offline)
JF Regular

Live and learn...it's up to you. - 08-05-2010, 04:56 AM

The decision is entirely yours to experience from.
However, if I were to put myself in your shoes, I'd move on and steer clear from this guy for 3 reasons.
[edit: misconception deleted. :P]

1, 2 and 3. Shortly after reestablishing communication with his other ex-girlfriend, he feels it's necessary to ask "me" permission for him to rekindle that specific relationship thus, leaving "me" behind.

Clearly, if this guy cared about me, he would be telling his ex-girlfriend that he's interested in someone else (me). Not the other way around. Forgive my bad analogy but, I'd automatically assume that he thinks of me more as a support crutch to lean on every time he "sprains his leg." A dispensable item to be tossed away once its services are no longer needed.

I wouldn't waste my time.

Of course I'm basing what I'd do solely on the provided information....
Since you're the only one who knows the situation in its entirety, well...I'd think very carefully about this if I were you.

Last edited by ModusOperandi : 08-05-2010 at 05:00 AM.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
nobora (Offline)
Fan Ichigou

08-05-2010, 05:03 AM

I was thinkin of tellin him two things :

1. go with her she has things i cant give you

2. dont go

am i being stupid?
(#5 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-05-2010, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobora View Post
I was thinkin of tellin him two things :

1. go with her she has things i cant give you

2. dont go

am i being stupid?
He is already with her. Standing in the way isn't going to change anything but make you look silly.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
willgoestocollege (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-05-2010, 05:20 AM

I don't know why he wants to go back with her after she cheated on him. Keep ya head up, they might break up again.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

08-05-2010, 09:42 AM

think I would dump him.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
RickOShay (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-05-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobora View Post
So Im not with this guy , we used to but we broke up. And for the past 3 or so days we've been talking and saying how much we miss each other and stuff like that.

The girl he dated before me ( who went with another guy broke his heart and now comes back) asked him out. He told her he'll think bout it. And he asked me if i would be ok with him dating her. I told him its his life his desicon.

But really we all know thats a lie.

What do i do??
Do not be wishy-washy like that! You are just turning yourself into a door mat by doing so, and jerk guys will take advantage of it. I would tell him it is her or me, period! I mean, maybe you told him that but in a nicer way.. and if he does not pick you, just move on, like somebody already said you will look pathetic if you show him later that you wished he had picked you, and that will just drive him further away.

Last edited by RickOShay : 08-05-2010 at 11:02 AM.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Unknown (Offline)
The Darkness

08-05-2010, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekojita View Post
I see two possibilities:
1. he asked you if it's okay for you if he would date her because he want's to hear a 'YES, it is a problem because you belong to me!'
2. he's not serious about you and her. Because if he would want you, he wouldn't even think about dating another girl. If he wanted her, he wouldn't even ask you.

If I were you, I would be honest and say 'no way you date that girl'. If you pretend you two'll never make a step forward in your realtionship.
Maybe you win, maybe you lose. But with pretending you'll definitely lose.
I'm not an expert, but there are other websites where you can ask people what they think about your situation.

Anyway, good luck

I agree with 2 especially when a persons actions always speak louder than their words.You two just broke up and is unsure on who he is really wants but by holding back your true feelings he is bound to go with whatever is current available which is her.Obviously he wants you though since if otherwise he would have simply kept quiet and said yes when she asked him out but instead asked for your input on the overall situation

Feel My Intent
(#10 (permalink))
Old
nobora (Offline)
Fan Ichigou

08-06-2010, 07:36 PM

You guys are completely right. thanks for the advice.