JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
evanny (Offline)
devil's advocate

11-15-2010, 04:45 PM

just on a side note.
since women have a great deal of expectations (when describing ideal variant) from men do you also feel (take into consideration) that you are meeting his needs? being attractive enough, smart,fun?
as saying goes "easy to take, hard to give"
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
11-15-2010, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanny View Post
just on a side note.
since women have a great deal of expectations (when describing ideal variant) from men do you also feel (take into consideration) that you are meeting his needs? being attractive enough, smart,fun?
as saying goes "easy to take, hard to give"
Being 'attractive enough' isn't something you can actually change to meet your partner's expectations.

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#23 (permalink))
Old
evanny (Offline)
devil's advocate

11-15-2010, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
Being 'attractive enough' isn't something you can actually change to meet your partner's expectations.
yep. and yet everyone writes that they want beautiful partners.

i simply can't even if my life depended on it to call out treats that im looking for in a girl.
its simple for me - i have to like you. don't care if you are smart, good looking etc - if i like you that's it. and then i try to do my best to make the other person feel the same way.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
11-15-2010, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanny View Post
yep. and yet everyone writes that they want beautiful partners.

i simply can't even if my life depended on it to call out treats that im looking for in a girl.
its simple for me - i have to like you. don't care if you are smart, good looking etc - if i like you that's it. and then i try to do my best to make the other person feel the same way.
Well, those who say they look for beauty when considering someone as their partner mean they wouldn't fall for someone who, at first sight, doesn't appeal to them. But that's kinda obvious. You have to feel attracted to someone before you go into establishing a relationship. You can be attracted to someone who isn't extremely attractive, but it's okay if you feel the thing.

And it's not like people stop to check if the person they like matches each and every of their expectations. When it does it kinda shows for itself. I value intelligence above most other qualities. That means I wouldn't fall for someone who I think is dumb. Not because I would stop myself, but because I wouldn't be the least bit attracted to that person, in the first place.

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#25 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
11-16-2010, 04:55 AM

Great thread, I think we're on the verge of a breakthrough to solving the enigmatic intricacies and complex genetic implications of womankind! O.o A small step for OP, big step for man. *sorry, lame moment*

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
PockyMePink (Offline)
=\

Send a message via MSN to PockyMePink
11-16-2010, 05:49 AM

Woman being materialistic?

Maybe that's true (even though I've never met a woman who was only in it for money or material items), but that's definately not as bad as most men's standards for women. Just sayin...there's a gender to blame for women's over sexualization these days (as well as many other things), and that gender isn't female.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Vinnythefox (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Vinnythefox Send a message via Skype™ to Vinnythefox
11-16-2010, 12:24 PM

Most of the girls on here sound like there standards are pretty high, what happened to average to good looking with a personality that matches. Its naive and stuff you say he has to be Italian or Japanese. no offence to anyone.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

11-16-2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyMePink View Post
Woman being materialistic?

Maybe that's true (even though I've never met a woman who was only in it for money or material items), but that's definately not as bad as most men's standards for women. Just sayin...there's a gender to blame for women's over sexualization these days (as well as many other things), and that gender isn't female.
I take it that men are also to blame for the whole "Men must all be muscular and have six-pack in order to be sexy!" view, right?

Men and women both have a big part of the blame, it's an incorrect and feminist statement to try and shift the blame on men

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#29 (permalink))
Old
KungMartin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-16-2010, 03:15 PM

Grrr I sense a bit of catfight between Suki and evanny ;D

pz ! <3
(#30 (permalink))
Old
evanny (Offline)
devil's advocate

11-16-2010, 03:33 PM

O.o how so?

but all and all i think this is just dumb topic.
no one ever EVER has red this kind of topic and then feel like 2nd coming of Jesus is here - "OMG. really? so both sides want attractive and smart, and fun partners? i had no idea - im so going to change now that i know what other half wants!"