JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
peterv20 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

that japanese girl on the bus... - 09-18-2010, 05:30 PM

everyday i see this pretty girl on the bus.she seems very shy.she sees me and always looks away with this little wierd smile.i'm sure it happens all the time on japanese trains and buses..is there a traditional gift i could give her to break the ice? you know,like thank you for riding on the same bus gift?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
09-18-2010, 08:54 PM

I wish I was on your bus. Mines is rubbish, everyday. Try saying 'hi' to break the ice. Or think of something to show your interested

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
(#3 (permalink))
Old
KyokoUK (Offline)
Loving KuranUSA

Send a message via MSN to KyokoUK Send a message via Yahoo to KyokoUK Send a message via Skype™ to KyokoUK
11-10-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamboP26 View Post
I wish I was on your bus. Mines is rubbish, everyday. Try saying 'hi' to break the ice. Or think of something to show your interested
I suppose that if you want to do that, perhaps a cute but small stuffed soft toy like a palm sized teddy bear or, a small box of chocolates; nothing big and flashy, just something to say hello with. But I think the most important thing is to make a proper introduction of yourself when you give it, and ask her if its alright if you sit and talk with her some. Just be calm, and confident and let nature take its course.

I Defied My Brain And Learned For Myself That Wheelchairs Are Not Always Forever...Music Was A Large Part Of My Healing...Let Music Heal Your Soul.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-10-2010, 09:20 PM

I called her (my instance) Suidobashi girl because that's the station she boarded the train. I couldn't keep my eyes off her. She wasn't beautiful or anything, just captivating. I thought about it for a split second, but this ridiculous idea came into mind that most people don't want to invest the time to get to know someone who is going to leave in days, so I got off at Ochanomizu without saying a thing. I left with a bit of a smile at seeing such a girl and what may have been but also a little sad I failed to do a thing about it. Her image is still in my head more than a month later. I hope you do something about it and things work out well for the both of you, whether together or apart. Gambatte!
(#5 (permalink))
Old
peterv20 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-13-2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBraden View Post
I called her (my instance) Suidobashi girl because that's the station she boarded the train. I couldn't keep my eyes off her. She wasn't beautiful or anything, just captivating. I thought about it for a split second, but this ridiculous idea came into mind that most people don't want to invest the time to get to know someone who is going to leave in days, so I got off at Ochanomizu without saying a thing. I left with a bit of a smile at seeing such a girl and what may have been but also a little sad I failed to do a thing about it. Her image is still in my head more than a month later. I hope you do something about it and things work out well for the both of you, whether together or apart. Gambatte!
i haven't seen her in a while,i think she moved on.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

11-13-2010, 08:31 PM

Seriously, if some randomer gave me a present on a bus, I'd be well freaked out.

I'd just recommend saying hi, and being honest. Not trying anything fancy.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Hyakushi (Offline)
Ikaga desu ka!?

11-13-2010, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Seriously, if some randomer gave me a present on a bus, I'd be well freaked out.

That's exactly what I was thinking xD.
Just trying to talk to people on the bus is good enough. Get to know them first before doing something as intimate. Plus it's kind of stalkerish if you give them a present before anything else lmao!.

I'm not racist . . . I hate everyone equally.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
nobora (Offline)
Fan Ichigou

11-13-2010, 10:40 PM

Maybe shes been busy and thats why you havent seen her on the bus. But I agree that you should just say hi and introduce yourself before giving her a present.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
KyokoUK (Offline)
Loving KuranUSA

Send a message via MSN to KyokoUK Send a message via Yahoo to KyokoUK Send a message via Skype™ to KyokoUK
11-14-2010, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post

Hey, I never said it wouldn't look like the beginning of a stalking, he just asked what sort of present to give so I gave an opinion. I'm not responsible if she freaks out and wallops the hell outta him but I would love to have the video. <evil laughter follows>

I Defied My Brain And Learned For Myself That Wheelchairs Are Not Always Forever...Music Was A Large Part Of My Healing...Let Music Heal Your Soul.

(#10 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
11-14-2010, 10:43 PM

I agree with Misa.. Even if we were to say that she likes you too (or is 'captivated' by you) a gift would be rather.. weird. At least I'd be really freaked out too.. Just say hi or try to get some sort of eye contact with her.

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast