LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Gn4m (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Skype™ to Gn4m
10-11-2010, 09:32 PM

Thx again for all help and response!
Many of you have really given me alot to think about, and Im thankful for that!

Even if it would seem pointless, just simple encouragements like yours, tsunami16r, makes a huge difference for my mood! Thx alot!

I have actually gone a little farther, though in small advancements like having my first fika and lunch with her. Although some other Japanese class mates were with us, it was I who took the initiative for it!
I feel more comfortable in her company now, and it seems like she feels the same. Maybe cause I've held a very friendly and helpful attitude towards her, so usually when there's something she needs help to understand, something in Swedish for example, she turns to me!

Edit:
Oh and for those who wrote stuff like "you like the idea of a Japanese girlfriend, you don't like her specifically", I guess you were right. But she's actually very open about herself, nice and easy to talk with, and so on. She's not how I imagined Japanese teens, not shy at all. I like here even more now.

Last edited by Gn4m : 10-11-2010 at 09:37 PM.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
LillyFields (Offline)
New to JF

10-11-2010, 11:07 PM

Maybe you could think of a way to go to a party or an event, and invite her along with some other friends? Having a couple of people around sometimes helps relieve the tension. And yeah, don't worry about "topics," just ask her some questions and really try to listen. Girls like that. They like a good listener.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
V1nn1 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-12-2010, 08:24 PM

I can only wish you good luck!
(#14 (permalink))
Old
KyokoUK (Offline)
Loving KuranUSA

Send a message via MSN to KyokoUK Send a message via Yahoo to KyokoUK Send a message via Skype™ to KyokoUK
11-12-2010, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiuchimu View Post
JBesides, at 18 years old, a relationship will no doubt turn to the sexual, and that could lead to a pregnancy. I don't think her parents consented to her studying a year over seas for her to comeback pregnant.

You're only 18 and never had a girlfriend yet, that is super inexperienced. Yet, you want to start an interracial relationship on your first crush. I highly advise against it until you give it some time.
I'm not so sure that is totally true, just because they are 18 does not mean they are destined to have a sexual relationship and her get pregnant. That's really reaching out there. And not having an interracial relationship on your first crush? What's that about? You think he ought to "work up" to being able to having a relationship with a girl of another race? That seems a little racist itself. My b/f and I are similar, he's the first guy I've dated and I'm his first g/f, we are in that age group and we have never had sex, we are waiting till we marry. Also I'm a Japanese girl by race but fully British by being born here. Maybe its because in England I see so many more interracial couples than I have in some other countries. I don't know but, its not been any issue with us.

anyhow, I say go for it, get to know her, have fun, that's what its all about, enjoying each others company, don't even think about being a couple yet, just enjoy things and don't pressure yourself.

I Defied My Brain And Learned For Myself That Wheelchairs Are Not Always Forever...Music Was A Large Part Of My Healing...Let Music Heal Your Soul.