Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Are you dating KyokoUK?
Indeed. Note the little love notes at the bottom of both posts
(#12 (permalink))
Old
KyokoUK (Offline)
Loving KuranUSA

Send a message via MSN to KyokoUK Send a message via Yahoo to KyokoUK Send a message via Skype™ to KyokoUK
11-09-2010, 04:11 AM

Oh yes, Kuran and I are indeed dating but long distance now since he went to the US to study business. Once he graduates though, we will be together again. Thank you for asking

I Defied My Brain And Learned For Myself That Wheelchairs Are Not Always Forever...Music Was A Large Part Of My Healing...Let Music Heal Your Soul.

(#13 (permalink))
Old
protheus (Offline)
Arthur et Les Minimoys

Send a message via Yahoo to protheus
11-09-2010, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by protheus View Post
First things in my mind when I see a real stunning girl, "she must be taken", "she is to beautiful to be single". Most people think this way, at least in my area.
Forgot to say, second thing in my mind, "I don't care, I'll give it a try.". Needless to say, it actually worked, I've been with Anya from 13 to 20 years old, thats when I think God found out an Angel was missing, and called her back. I know she's guarding me every step I make, but still, it hurts so deep.

Reverse psychology, "dear Watson", reverse psychology.
"Manganese? Is that manga language?" - lol?
(#14 (permalink))
Old
KyokoUK (Offline)
Loving KuranUSA

Send a message via MSN to KyokoUK Send a message via Yahoo to KyokoUK Send a message via Skype™ to KyokoUK
11-09-2010, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by protheus View Post
I think God found out an Angel was missing, and called her back.
I certainly understand your feelings and that is a lovely visualization you have of it. I will just have to be my KuronUSA's angel in life and when the Buddah-stream of life-death-rebirth carry us away we will just work to find one another again. If we found each other this time around then we surly can on the next go.

I Defied My Brain And Learned For Myself That Wheelchairs Are Not Always Forever...Music Was A Large Part Of My Healing...Let Music Heal Your Soul.

(#15 (permalink))
Old
missprincess (Offline)
Bonnie lass from England

11-09-2010, 08:14 PM

im glad to see another view on this! seems like im not the only one who thinks that way!
(#16 (permalink))
Old
missprincess (Offline)
Bonnie lass from England

11-09-2010, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuranUSA View Post
And therein lay the problem. Or lack of. In my experience,the pretty girls are frequently the most lonley. why? because people tend to all think exactly that:'She must be taken cause she's pretty.'
my problem and point exactly! thats exactly what im trying to get at! ive noticed it so much its not even funny! guys need to understand the pretty girls are human just like other girls and DONT have high standards 99.9% of the time!

im glad that u broke from tradition and actually decided to approach a hot girl (pats back) about bloody time!
(#17 (permalink))
Old
KuranUSA (Offline)
Lost In Love

11-09-2010, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missprincess View Post
im glad that u broke from tradition and actually decided to approach a hot girl (pats back) about bloody time!
Thanks,I certainly did find the perfect girl.Very hot indeed.

I don't really set much stock in tradition,all it means is that people have done it for multiple generations. That by no means that it's pratical,ethical,etc.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
ModusOperandi (Offline)
JF Regular

11-09-2010, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbine View Post
I like people watching in bars because you get to see this kind of thing at play. I've seen really beautiful girls being passed over for more ordinary looking women simply because they're unintentionally putting out the wrong body-language. Too needy, or too insecure for example. Or too blatantly carrying baggage.
One of my friends, if taken from a photograph is average. Nothing to write home about. But in person, the sheer force of her personality has men flocking at her in droves. Charm is the key. You can be devastatingly beautiful, but it's useless if you've got a mouth like a drunk trucker and a sour, selfish personality.
This is very true.
I'd like to add to your post. I've known a couple of extremely pretty girls who fancied themselves as being just that. This is a serious repellent for most men. Not all pretty girls are like that, but a few examples like them can cause a ripple effect.

Additionally, I've read in psychology books that most people tend to date people of similar "attractive" levels. As BS as this sounds, I've done nothing but see it around me so I can't completely dispel it. So, if you happen to be unreasonably pretty...good luck finding a reasonably pretty man. (Handsome would have been more apt, I'd guess) :P
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-10-2010, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missprincess View Post
my problem and point exactly! thats exactly what im trying to get at! ive noticed it so much its not even funny! guys need to understand the pretty girls are human just like other girls and DONT have high standards 99.9% of the time!

I think it's retarded how you've got this paradigm of thought which seperates womenfolk into "pretty" and "other" and how you seem to think that this is the only factor which men use to decide whether they have a suitable partner.

Being "pretty" in that sense is an advantage in a club or a bar. In everyday life though there are so many more things that come into play not to mention that you don't have to be a magazine covergirl to be considered pretty by men.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-10-2010, 12:05 PM

from a not very pretty old lady--------

surely beauty is in the eye of the beholder-- one mans meat is another mans poison.

Its the person inside the outer shell that matters. anyone can dress up, put on fancy clothes and hairstyles-------------

BUT---Pretty doesn't really mean a lot.

I have three older grand-daughters-- who I consider beautiful--but they do like to dress up when they go clubbing etc.

use hair extensions, colour their hair and wear attractive clothes. They always seem to have plenty of boyfriends-- but apart from the eldest who is 23-- they are pretty self sufficient.

I suppose if they want a great night out dancing etc they want to look attractive.

I wouldn't say any of them are PRETTY-- but they are attractive and have a lovely nature. The eldest works for Easy Jet-- so meets many people from around the world.

I think that some "Professional "WOmen" can be very scary or intimidating.

Those that work for big companies-- or run organisations etc. can be very intimidating