JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
missprincess (Offline)
Bonnie lass from England

men intimidated by really pretty girls - 11-08-2010, 02:54 AM

ok i found this discussion on another forum and i thought it would be interesting to see the views of people here!

this is for the boys mostly but i have noticed alot aswell, that guys are alot more relaxed around girls who could be considered as more average to not good looking then girls who are totally hot. (and im not doing that beauty is in the eye of the beholder stuff im talking about those people who are just plain hot and not and would be considred that way in any race etc)

is that coz guys find pretty girls intimidating? i mean ive noticed so many hot guys with girls who are really not that pretty and ive noticed girls who are smoking saying that they never get approached by hot guys at all! i find that shocking! and ive experienced that alot aswell, i mean some of my friends are gorgeous and struggle to find a hot guy whereas some real mingers go around with daniel henney look alikes! whats up with that guys!!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-08-2010, 03:12 AM

Yeah.. that might be true for some guys.

For me though... Nobody is too hot.

If you look like you belong on the cover of a magazine then you're trying too hard to look hot and if you're trying too hard to look hot then you give off the impression of being shallow or stuck up.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
BakaTensei (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to BakaTensei
11-08-2010, 03:23 AM

I think when girls think a guys hot and they can do the whole cute, shy but foreword approach (usually with a friend for some strange reason)

but a guy cant really do a similiar approach as it looks pretty perverted and strange haha

but personally I tend to think "being pretty is easy, being beautiful is hard" and because of that I don't really get intimidated by hot girls...if I were too talk to a girl I fancied though and wasnt familiar with, I would most deffinitly feel insecure about saying the wrong thing and so on, which in turn would make me feel slightly intimidated.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
cranks (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-08-2010, 03:48 AM

Girls' idea of "hot" and guys' idea of it are often very different...

And after all, people don't just care about the looks.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
ModusOperandi (Offline)
JF Regular

11-08-2010, 05:45 AM

The only way a pretty girl could intimidate me is if she were running towards me with a machete in hand.

...If I find the girl very attractive, then perhaps I'd be a bit self-conscience -- out of my comfort zone, maybe.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-08-2010, 11:13 AM

I like people watching in bars because you get to see this kind of thing at play. I've seen really beautiful girls being passed over for more ordinary looking women simply because they're unintentionally putting out the wrong body-language. Too needy, or too insecure for example. Or too blatantly carrying baggage.
One of my friends, if taken from a photograph is average. Nothing to write home about. But in person, the sheer force of her personality has men flocking at her in droves. Charm is the key. You can be devastatingly beautiful, but it's useless if you've got a mouth like a drunk trucker and a sour, selfish personality.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
protheus (Offline)
Arthur et Les Minimoys

Send a message via Yahoo to protheus
11-08-2010, 12:39 PM

First things in my mind when I see a real stunning girl, "she must be taken", "she is to beautiful to be single". Most people think this way, at least in my area.

Reverse psychology, "dear Watson", reverse psychology.
"Manganese? Is that manga language?" - lol?
(#8 (permalink))
Old
KuranUSA (Offline)
Lost In Love

11-09-2010, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by protheus View Post
First things in my mind when I see a real stunning girl, "she must be taken", "she is to beautiful to be single". Most people think this way, at least in my area.
And therein lay the problem. Or lack of. In my experience,the pretty girls are frequently the most lonley. why? because people tend to all think exactly that:'She must be taken cause she's pretty.' Because everyone tends to think alike(Yay for primal pack mentality!) the end result is a lot of guys walking right by and leaving the pretty girl all alone. I personally can't really talk I suppose,as I one day decided to break the trend,stop and talk to the pretty girl. Made a complete idiot of myself in the process. Fell off my chair. Twice. A week later,I think i'm the luckiest guy on earth.

Six months later,I know i'm the luckiest.

Love you Kyoko
(#9 (permalink))
Old
KyokoUK (Offline)
Loving KuranUSA

Send a message via MSN to KyokoUK Send a message via Yahoo to KyokoUK Send a message via Skype™ to KyokoUK
11-09-2010, 01:58 AM

I have to say that, in England I never see guys having trouble talking to or dating hot, sexy girls and I don't see those girls being beat out by some mousey 'Betty Jane.' But then, English girls are the cutest in the world. I do know that guys have told me that they often think certain strata of girls are 'out of their league.' I also know that 'ordinary' looking girls are often intimidated by the handsome 'hunks' around. I think its just a matter of self esteem more than anyone being intimidated. A 'plane' girl with total self confidence will approach and win over a hot guy and the reverse can be true. But most Westerners have grown up with a totally false set of values in beauty from the advertisement industry and that in itself is a shame if not a crime.

Oh Kuran, that is so sweet. I love you to boy.

I Defied My Brain And Learned For Myself That Wheelchairs Are Not Always Forever...Music Was A Large Part Of My Healing...Let Music Heal Your Soul.

Last edited by KyokoUK : 11-09-2010 at 02:09 AM.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

11-09-2010, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuranUSA View Post
Love you Kyoko
Are you dating KyokoUK?