JapanForum.com  


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire's Avatar
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station
 
Posts: 2,355
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: ウェリントン、ニュジランド
11-14-2010, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missprincess View Post
but ive noticed it soo hard to get an asian mans attention! i always see them with their own race and when the guys smoking and the girl aint its like branch out a little and give someone else a chance! im not saying that im unattractive infact i find it seriously easy to get attention from men of every race except in the majority asian men! (its only them for some reason??) im not saying that asian men have never liked me before but its alot less then the men from other races, thats why i was wondering whether they like women who are more Moroccan/indian looking at all?? but i guess if you find aishwarya rai hot then maybe theres some other reason that the attention is so lacking??

btw her english is immaculate!
Oh man.

You said that there was a line between arrogance and confidence. You are right about that. But I think you are a bit mistaken with where you are in relation to that line.

Especially with the comment I bolded. It's such and egocentric thing to say.

Not to mention that it's shallow and materialistic. Such a woman is not attractive no matter what she looks like. That's only my opinion of course but I think it's a valid theory as to why you might not get attention from particular men.

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 11-14-2010 at 02:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
(#22 (permalink))
Old
missprincess's Avatar
missprincess (Offline)
Bonnie lass from England
 
Posts: 122
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: England
11-14-2010, 03:55 AM

ronin you seem really high strung anyway, and thats just my opinion from reading ur past comments on this thread - call me as egocentric as u want the comment that you highligted doesnt seem arrogant to me at all, but then again to each his own

theres a few other comments i could make about what i find ur personality to be like, but i think ill like to keep them to myself since im not bashing anyones character here, im only talking about what asian men find physically attractive (ie which women, when they first see them they think, ok thats hot) because whether someone is shallow, arrogant and materiallistic is not something that you can judge just by looking at them and if you do make such a judgment by simply looking at someone then isnt that arrogance in itself?

and materiallistic?? whats that got to do with anything? when did i make a comment that made you think that?? weird

Last edited by missprincess : 11-14-2010 at 04:06 AM.
Reply With Quote
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire's Avatar
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station
 
Posts: 2,355
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: ウェリントン、ニュジランド
11-14-2010, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missprincess View Post
ronin you seem really high strung anyway, and thats just my opinion from reading ur past comments on this thread - call me as egocentric as u want the comment that you highligted doesnt seem arrogant to me at all, but then again to each his own
Wow.. you don't see how that could be arrogant?

Let me explain.

You're basically saying that a guy who YOU percieve to be as smoking hot who with a girl who YOU percieve to be average looking should "get himself an upgrade".

You're not only arrogant for implying that you are better than this average looking girl but you are also arrogant for thinking that your standards of beauty are universal.

If you were confident you would not even be concerned with such things.

That's my reasoning.. take it or leave it.

You're right... to each his/her own... but I'm pretty sure that most rational people will see it my way.
Reply With Quote
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire's Avatar
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station
 
Posts: 2,355
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: ウェリントン、ニュジランド
11-14-2010, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missprincess View Post
and materiallistic?? whats that got to do with anything? when did i make a comment that made you think that?? weird
Suggesting that "smoking hot Korean guy" should get a more beautiful girl to be on his arm just because apparently she is not good looking enough for him.

I'm really surprised I have to spell this out for you.

Oh and try to "bash" my character all you like. It's not really relevant since we're discussing YOUR character. It would further prove to me that you're not really that confident at all.

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 11-14-2010 at 04:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
(#25 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa's Avatar
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.
 
Posts: 2,775
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: England.
11-14-2010, 11:23 AM

Personally, if someone is arrogant no matter how beautiful they are, the arrogance just completely overides that and they become ugly in my eyes.

Also there are some people that may be average to you, but truly captivating to others. Beauty is subjective and by thinking you are the supreme ruler of judging beauty can be percieved as slightly arrogant. I don't think any men find that attractive let alone Japanese men.

Back to the topic.

From what I've read on JF over the years, the traditions of Japan are probably what we deem quite old-fashioned. Japanese men generally like women who are polite, humble, honest and quiet.

Sometimes western women are viewed as being very career driven, have no qualms about saying what they think. I think Japanese men don't percieve western women this way until they actually meet them and notice that there is a difference in cultures.

Would you say that's probably the case?
Reply With Quote
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas's Avatar
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.
 
Posts: 1,588
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: London
11-14-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Back to the topic.

From what I've read on JF over the years, the traditions of Japan are probably what we deem quite old-fashioned. Japanese men generally like women who are polite, humble, honest and quiet.

Sometimes western women are viewed as being very career driven, have no qualms about saying what they think. I think Japanese men don't percieve western women this way until they actually meet them and notice that there is a difference in cultures.

Would you say that's probably the case?
I'd just like to add something to this by the way. I found that many Chinese women in the big cities of China seem to be very career driven now-a-days. So much more than the men.

This could be due to how their government (although, I confess, I have little knowledge of that area currently) is currently expanding, and focusing on trade.

So not all Asian women are the same. That's what I saw when I went there
.


- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
Reply With Quote
(#27 (permalink))
Old
missprincess's Avatar
missprincess (Offline)
Bonnie lass from England
 
Posts: 122
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: England
11-15-2010, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Oh and try to "bash" my character all you like. It's not really relevant since we're discussing YOUR character. It would further prove to me that you're not really that confident at all.
first off it says alot about the kind of person you are calling someone u dont know at all egocentric and arrogant, how can u tell someone not to just judge by looks when ur judging someones character by a few lines the wrote on a website???

and you say im not confident because i mentioned ur character - well i could say the exact same about you, since youve said more about mine then ive even implied about urs

secondly im not the only person in the world who thinks some people are more attractive then others (your trying to tell me that youve never looked at someone and thought they were better looking then someone else?? if thats the case its just strange!) you call people like me arrogant i call people like you delusional, and however u take it in modern society people are obsessed with looks, turn on any entertainment channel or open any magazine the first thing they talk about his how fat/thin someone is, how badly/well dressed someone is etc etc, whether you think thats right or wrong is purely a matter of opinion you just have to accept that I dont agree with you and never will and that you dont agree with me and never will – so stop trying to shove your 'morals' down someone else’s throat

and for the record at no point did i say the guy shud 'upgrade' nor did i say everyone shud follow my views on whats attractive or not - stop putting words in my mouth

oh and
''Suggesting that "smoking hot Korean guy" should get a more beautiful girl to be on his arm just because apparently she is not good looking enough for him''

does in noway imply that im materialistic, in the oxford english dictionary materialistic is defined as; ''excessively concerned with material possessions; money-oriented''
i think u need to get ur adjectives straight first
im really surprised i had to spell that out for you too

Last edited by missprincess : 11-15-2010 at 02:33 AM.
Reply With Quote
(#28 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard's Avatar
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent
 
Posts: 1,946
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Happily ever after ^_^
Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
11-15-2010, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missprincess View Post
i dont know i find asian men (esp from korea) seriously seriously hot!! i mean lee min ho and daniel henney! (and this japanese trampolinist called shunsuke nagasaki and takeshi kaneshiro!) phorrr! they are hubba hubba ding dong! infact the trampolinist is the reason i joined japan forum to begin with!
but ive noticed it soo hard to get an asian mans attention! i always see them with their own race and when the guys smoking and the girl aint its like branch out a little and give someone else a chance! im not saying that im unattractive infact i find it seriously easy to get attention from men of every race except in the majority asian men! (its only them for some reason??) im not saying that asian men have never liked me before but its alot less then the men from other races, thats why i was wondering whether they like women who are more Moroccan/indian looking at all?? but i guess if you find aishwarya rai hot then maybe theres some other reason that the attention is so lacking??
Well, getting back on topic, have you ever tried to approach the guys, in the first place? Like a simple "hi" or "wanna have dinner?" I mean, Asian guys generically tend to be a little more shy, as compared to their out-going Western counterparts, although I'm sure it's the same for women.

Anyway, this might be a racial issue. I know most of my Asian friends in occidental regions, who only hang out with their Asian friends. It's "just what we do", they say. So maybe you Western ladies could take the initiative and approach them, with friendly smiles and all that.


There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
Reply With Quote
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire's Avatar
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station
 
Posts: 2,355
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: ウェリントン、ニュジランド
11-15-2010, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missprincess View Post
first off it says alot about the kind of person you are calling someone u dont know at all egocentric and arrogant, how can u tell someone not to just judge by looks when ur judging someones character by a few lines the wrote on a website???

and you say im not confident because i mentioned ur character - well i could say the exact same about you, since youve said more about mine then ive even implied about urs

secondly im not the only person in the world who thinks some people are more attractive then others (your trying to tell me that youve never looked at someone and thought they were better looking then someone else?? if thats the case its just strange!) you call people like me arrogant i call people like you delusional, and however u take it in modern society people are obsessed with looks, turn on any entertainment channel or open any magazine the first thing they talk about his how fat/thin someone is, how badly/well dressed someone is etc etc, whether you think thats right or wrong is purely a matter of opinion you just have to accept that I dont agree with you and never will and that you dont agree with me and never will – so stop trying to shove your 'morals' down someone else’s throat

and for the record at no point did i say the guy shud 'upgrade' nor did i say everyone shud follow my views on whats attractive or not - stop putting words in my mouth
Obviously I was paraphrasing you. I think it's pretty accurate. I mean I've noticed how you havent set me straight on what you actually were supposed to be saying and am just saying that I'm "putting words in your mouth". If that's the case then set me straight? In which way is my paraphrasing of your previous point inaccurate?

And it is your character we're discussing so bringing up my character is irrelevant.. which I interpret as being not confident. I don't think it's a far fetched notion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missprincess View Post
oh and
''Suggesting that "smoking hot Korean guy" should get a more beautiful girl to be on his arm just because apparently she is not good looking enough for him''

does in noway imply that im materialistic, in the oxford english dictionary materialistic is defined as; ''excessively concerned with material possessions; money-oriented''
i think u need to get ur adjectives straight first
im really surprised i had to spell that out for you too
Haha.. you fail

materialistic - definition of materialistic by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Materialism (materialistic being the adjective)

1. Philosophy The theory that physical matter is the only reality and that everything, including thought, feeling, mind, and will, can be explained in terms of matter and physical phenomena.
2. The theory or attitude that physical well-being and worldly possessions constitute the greatest good and highest value in life.
3. A great or excessive regard for worldly concerns.

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 11-15-2010 at 03:38 AM.
Reply With Quote
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin's Avatar
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 4,154
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: あま市
Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
11-15-2010, 08:42 AM

There is no need to go on and on with personal attacks.
The thread was not "Why Asian guys won`t date ME".

I don`t want to have to close this thread.


Make the move!
The new Japan Forum Community -
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




Copyright 2003-2006 Virtual Japan.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.0.0 RC6