(#71 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
12-10-2010, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzorian View Post
I dated a alien once....didn't work out, the commute was too exspensive.
LOL. U made me wonder how sex would go on. XD

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast
(#72 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-10-2010, 03:44 AM

The airforce didn't call it "Project Bluebook" for nothing. But thats classified, maybe Wiki knows.
(#73 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

12-10-2010, 06:15 AM

My 2 cents on the OP.

Asian girls: submissive, habituated to a male dominated society
in other words: cooking, cleaning, intimate things that I wont go into, not so confrontational about idiotic things

Western girls: generally not all the things listed above, strong ideals, opinionated, idealistic, argumentative

these are all very strong stereotypes but they are somewhat true

If you reverse the situation with men it explains why Asian girls love western men, gentlemen and are used to putting up with western girls so to them Asian girls are this huge relief lol

once again, stereotypes, often true but many girls from all cultures don't fit their cultures stereotype (my Japanese gf for example is so far from submissive >< )

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#74 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

12-10-2010, 07:20 AM

I dated an Arab girl (a very lean-backed Muslim) and I'm a Korean.

JapanForum's semi-resident amateur linguist.
(#75 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
12-10-2010, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzorian View Post
The airforce didn't call it "Project Bluebook" for nothing. But thats classified, maybe Wiki knows.
It'll be out next week, I bet : P

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
once again, stereotypes, often true but many girls from all cultures don't fit their cultures stereotype (my Japanese gf for example is so far from submissive >< )
First off, what does OP even mean? -__-" Original Poster? Orange Potatoes? Own Perspective? Opposite prawns? WHAAAT?

Anyway..
I'd say Korean girls are crazy. It's not really a stereotype. But all Korean chicks I know are freaking whack.. Their mood swings are FATAL!

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast

Last edited by NanteNa : 12-10-2010 at 07:26 PM.
(#76 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
12-10-2010, 11:22 PM

Quote:
My 2 cents on the OP.

Asian girls: submissive, habituated to a male dominated society
in other words: cooking, cleaning, intimate things that I wont go into, not so confrontational about idiotic things

Western girls: generally not all the things listed above, strong ideals, opinionated, idealistic, argumentative

these are all very strong stereotypes but they are somewhat true

If you reverse the situation with men it explains why Asian girls love western men, gentlemen and are used to putting up with western girls so to them Asian girls are this huge relief lol

That is a good description of the PUBLIC stereotypes. But in private all bets are off. The "submissive" Asian girlfriend can, and usually will, make it clear who is in charge when the couple is alone. And its not unusual for a western woman who is very "assertive" in public to be rather amenable and relaxed when out of the public eye. I have known many a Japanese, Korean or Chinese woman who ruled their personal relationship even more strictly than I manage an business office.

My somewhat sadistic sense of humor is frequently entertained by American man who suddenly discover that cute little Asian girl can tear him a new one in a heartbeat. I find it rather comical when assumptions come back to bite those who don't pay enough attention to others.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#77 (permalink))
Old
inuzuki8605 (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to inuzuki8605 Send a message via Skype™ to inuzuki8605
Sexily Cute - 12-11-2010, 02:09 AM

This tread has, indeed, been very interesting. I can relate to a lot of what is being said here. I lived in Japan for a year but I’ve never had an Asian boy friend (mostly because I had I boyfriend in the states when I was there studying abroad. I’ve ALWAYS liked Japanese guys but, being a foreigner (African American), I had no idea what they were going to think about me.

My body is what you would call “stereotypically sexy” for a western girl (large chest, small waist, and large hips, etc….) although I don’t’ have long legs being only 5’1. But, in Japan, I got a lot of stares and comments about my body by girls (they were funny, haha ) and guys (some even took the initiative to by me a drink or ask me to dance, WHICH WAS A REAL SHOCK)
But, although my body is “sexy”, my personally is cute and bubbly. I’m an anime freak, I played in the band at my high school, I love reading, writing, music, and boyish things like sports, fishing, getting dirty. Even with my body, I was called “cute” more often than “sexy” unless I acted a certain why. I’m back in America now and hoping to move back to Japan soon and I still have some good relationships with my Japanese friends, especially the guys, some of which would like to go further in the relationship if they could (from what they told me after LONG conversations), although I’m still not sure whether they would want to take me home to momma or not because I’m so different.

I guess my point is that having a sexy body is one thing, but I totally agree that it’s all about your attitude and how you carry yourself. Cute personalities have confidence too, but it’s a quiet confidence that some Asian men can identify with easier.

A New Face
(#78 (permalink))
Old
inuzuki8605 (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to inuzuki8605 Send a message via Skype™ to inuzuki8605
12-11-2010, 02:21 AM

On the subject of stereotypes.... Do NOT believe the hype about Japanese women and men being very shy.... That is TRULY generalizing. I was watching the History of Sex on the History channel the other day (yes I know, I'm a dork) and I don't think that the Japanese were EVER shy.... It's just custom to make everyone think that.... (it's cuter maybe???) But I've met some VERY straight forward Japanese girls and guys (my generation mostly) and have had some VERY interesting conversations on the subject. Trust me... that myth should die.... hahaha

A New Face
(#79 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

12-11-2010, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalnSG View Post
That is a good description of the PUBLIC stereotypes. But in private all bets are off. The "submissive" Asian girlfriend can, and usually will, make it clear who is in charge when the couple is alone. And its not unusual for a western woman who is very "assertive" in public to be rather amenable and relaxed when out of the public eye. I have known many a Japanese, Korean or Chinese woman who ruled their personal relationship even more strictly than I manage an business office.

My somewhat sadistic sense of humor is frequently entertained by American man who suddenly discover that cute little Asian girl can tear him a new one in a heartbeat. I find it rather comical when assumptions come back to bite those who don't pay enough attention to others.
Yeah like I said the stereotypes aren't always true, and yeah sometimes they totally backfire and do a 180 on you. But honestly more often than not they really are true. If the submissive chick becomes assertive at home it's cuz the man is a real wimp imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanteNa View Post
First off, what does OP even mean? -__-" Original Poster? Orange Potatoes? Own Perspective? Opposite prawns? WHAAAT?

Anyway..
I'd say Korean girls are crazy. It's not really a stereotype. But all Korean chicks I know are freaking whack.. Their mood swings are FATAL!
OP is normally Original Post(er), but maybe more often it's Over Powered

And YES I agree Korean chicks are bat-shit crazy!! (speaking from experience and observation)

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#80 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

12-11-2010, 04:05 AM

Quote:

And YES I agree Korean chicks are bat-shit crazy!! (speaking from experience and observation)
Eh? This is weird because my experience and observation tells a completely different story.

Most Korean women that I've met have been bookworms and not interested in drinking/partying.

I've met a couple that are crazy... but other than that we're talking either devout Christians or bookworms obsessed with achieving good grades.

I guess this sort of backs up Taln's point. People are complicated... stereotypes aren't.

I get what you're saying too though but I kinda think the whole reason why what you observe conforms to those stereotypes is because people ALLOW themselves to fall into such "roles" so to speak.

So a guy who seeks a submissive Asian woman is only going to be on the lookout for, and stay together with a woman that fulfills this expectation and vice versa.

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 12-11-2010 at 04:12 AM.