JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
peterv20 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-20-2010, 09:21 PM

not very well,but it works both ways.they're girls i have to tell i'm not interested.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Rinai (Offline)
JF Regular

12-28-2010, 04:41 AM

I can't say I deal with it very well but I make sure that other people are really dragged into my sadness. I have friends to vent to and I have friend to make happy. It's really just the way it goes. So, as far as moping about it I do but I make sure that I don't get overly emo. I know I have in the past and NEVER AGAIN. That was really embarrassing.

Rin no talk. 私の一番な色は何ですか。「Day--」 黒沼爽子と翔太くん。いつでも/もじもじ-- 30

Last edited by Rinai : 01-20-2011 at 06:00 AM.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-28-2010, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missprincess View Post
lol true, but it knocks your confidence ALOT well its knocked mine substantially esp when it happens from a few diff sources at once eg, your personal life aswell (its been a lousy year) - i just hate the feeling of not being good enough for something
I've been rejected from about 10-15 jobs for every one that I ended up getting. It's not necessarily anything to do with you not being good enough it's just often there's others out there better qualified or who connect better during the interview. Not sure what sort of job you went for but the sorts of jobs I've gone for over the years have often had 100's if not 1000's of other applicants. It's not easy but just keep on trying!
(#14 (permalink))
Old
princessmarisa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-28-2010, 04:22 PM

I have had a year of rejection.

At the start of the year I got rejected from JET
I carried on and still got a first in my degree even though I didn't know what I'd be doing with it anymore as I had banked on JET. It knocked my confidence and I reassessed everything and chose not to apply for any other ALT schemes this year.
I also decided to step up and start studying useful Japanese instead of anime and music slang for the JLPT to improve my future prospects for teaching in Japan if I ever decided to re-apply. I took the N5 and am confident I passed and now preparing myself to take N4 next year.

The teaching placement in a local school as part of my school were unreliable and just stopped being contactable
I used what I had learnt in what little time I had to do a good dissertation on the failed placement and still got a fantastic result for it and learnt a lot, this has allowed me to have an interview for a PGCE teaching qualification next year if I choose to go that route

After Graduating, I moved into a houseshare where I got financially ripped off and treat like a slave
I stood up to the bully and turned everything around in my favour eventually, getting everything legal into my name and kicking her out.

I got sick and lost one job, then ended up losing another due to personality clashes and their financial situation
I got back on the job hunting market within a week, and although have not been successful yet I have started a portfolio and learnt useful skills to help me get a job, as well as having the time to really cram for my JLPT.

I got a once a week volunteer job with a Japanese mother and toddlers group, then got diagnosed with a reoccurring infection in my mouth/throat. It is kept under control with various antibiotics on and off, but it basically means it would be very dangerous and irresponsible to spend time around very young children, babies and pregnant mothers.

I have had nothing you could call a real love life in over 2years now, just people I like who seem to lose interest after 1-2 dates, or ex's who appear to play me, or psychopaths who obsessively stalk me when I have no interest in them
I have pretty much given up on trying to date, but have a vague hope one day I might meet someone special in some random way and have a love filled relationship again.

I keep getting called to multi stage interviews where I always make it to the final stage then just lose out at the last hurdle to another candidate, I have made entire websites for clients to impress them as requested, spent money I don't have travelling to interviews in the middle of nowhere, apply for dozens of graduate and minimum-wage-general jobs each week.
I try keep my spirits up that next time I will be the number one, and this time I will stay at the job for a long time and be a success.

Things are bad for me at the moment, at my parents place to save money, whilst still having to fork out for bills/rent I am tied into on my other house.
If I stay there I can't really afford to eat let alone go out.

I bought plane tickets and hotel reservations to Japan before I realised my finances would get so bad, so I have money saved for that holiday I cannot touch now as it is all accounted for.
This one lovely holiday planned for the summer is all that keeps me positive somedays.

Deal with rejection by trying to brush off the failure, do something useful and keep trying. Find one positive thing to focus on and remind yourself of it when you are down.

Fighting ignorance and slaying a few narutards whilst I am at it.

Last edited by princessmarisa : 12-28-2010 at 04:25 PM.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
12-28-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsToDiscovery View Post
Time spent wasted doting things like rejection only causes for missed opportunities later on down the road. I know that sounds like some kind of fortune cookie but in all honestly that's the way I try to live. If I get rejected from something then I can at least say that I tried, which is more than what most people can say. Then I pick myself up, learn from my mistakes, and try again. It's why I normally get what I want.

Agreed! The only rational and effective way to deal with rejection is to make an honest effort to understand the reason for being rejected (the real one; not the one it feels like) and accept it or start working on changing that part of you. Whining, making excuses, blaming others are all total wastes of time and energy.

I learned this very early in life, as I had to make new friends every couple of years because of my family moving (military). Try starting at a 10 new schools before graduating from 12 grade!!! The new kid is ALWAYS rejected by almost everyone for while.

Learning this also frees you from self-imposed guilt over rejecting someone/something else.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

12-28-2010, 05:07 PM

I deal with rejection pretty well, honestly. I just pick myself up and try again.

I tend to go for things that are out of my reach in any case, so I don't mind being rejected so much.

In relationship terms I'm not that much used to it because I never go for anyone who isn't interested in me or I think doesn't like me. I'm a bit niave when it comes to these things and find it difficult to determine when someone likes me or not but... honestly, I've kind of given up with the whole dating thing for a while as for me it's a lot more trouble than it's worth.

I'd rather just stay at home, get on with my Uni work, go out with my friends, play video games and just chill.

So really rejection just makes me work harder to get something better.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
soufiane00 (Offline)
New to JF

Wink hi there im soufiane how can i find a girl here - 01-03-2011, 05:32 AM

knock knock hey i want to meet a seroieus girl for realtionship
(#18 (permalink))
Old
soufiane00 (Offline)
New to JF

hey missmisa im ok with you about that - 01-03-2011, 05:41 AM

so for me im trying to dont make my self in bad places (dont talk with girl dont like me ) for i can be relaxin n feel good i look for one more pretty n good personalty in that moment i feel a good man

lol what ever i wrote im looking for girl n im writing this
(#19 (permalink))
Old
MoonPriestess (Offline)
New to JF

01-12-2011, 01:36 PM

I had rejections both in dating and job wise. How do i deal with it?
To be honest i just accept that it wasn't mean to be and take some time to think about what i could do or say difference and then i move on.

I try not to over think things and worry too much about them.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
macki06 (Offline)
New to JF

01-19-2011, 08:10 PM

for me, not very well i guess. i mean, right after being rejected, from a job interview or what not, i always tend to get very affected and most of the time it really takes a while for me to get over the fact that its happend.
i try to break scenarios down, and as much as i could, know exactly where ive gone wrong. although i think, being able to reflect deeply on the situation allows me to really learn from it.

i think, memmories embedded with deep emotions such as that of failure and rejection tend to really stick inside the brain although positive reinforcement they say, is prolly a better way to learn lol.

i think, how well a person deals with rejection depends on how much effort and self worth one gives to own self.
i usually think, that things that have happend. would probably have happend either ways, and the logical and productive way to react is make sure that you learn from it and be very objective at where you stand at the moment, and the best possble approach to get your goal. some people get things easier, maybe because they were genetically predisposed to be smarter and all, but that just means that you may have to work extra harder, and i think thats way better than just rolling over and playing dead.

with relationships and what not.. ive been rejected 2x (that i was serious about). and now, im still friends with those 2 girls. or so i believe. lol. with the last one, i havnt gotten over her completely, and i dont really know if i ever will. im hoping to see her again, and take it from there.