LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-17-2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
Thanks for your input, inuzuki I could use some back-up on this...

Well then she is really not helping to knock out the stereotype that women should be housewives while men work to maintain their families.

It's 2010 and there're still lots of people who think that's how it should be.

The underlined part of the text is true. I don't share her thinking but she's making a valid point there.

Your child is your child for ever-- not just for a few years.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
12-17-2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
I know that. When did I say otherwise?

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#13 (permalink))
Old
inuzuki8605 (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to inuzuki8605 Send a message via Skype™ to inuzuki8605
12-17-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
A child is a man's child forever as well. They should have a part in caring for them in more than finances. I love nothing more than to see a man playing with and being a true father to his children, not just someone that provides money but the child never sees.

I understand that, in some families, this can't be helped. But I kind of have a problem with this statement because it's implying that, because Suki wants a career, she is going to just have her kids and then dumb them "when her job is over" when they are 18 years old.... I don't think that is what she is saying at all. Women have suffered and died for the ability to work and act independently of "The Head of the Household" and get an education that can be used outside of the home. Have a say in their lives, sort of speak.

I think Suki, and she can correct me if I'm wrong, is only stressing the importance of respecting those women who worked so hard to our privileges today, instead of saying that it is "smarter" to just stay home and kick your feet up, which, in my last post, I explained how this plan can go wrong.

A New Face
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

12-17-2010, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inuzuki8605 View Post
I think Suki, and she can correct me if I'm wrong, is only stressing the importance of respecting those women who worked so hard to our privileges today, instead of saying that it is "smarter" to just stay home and kick your feet up, which, in my last post, I explained how this plan can go wrong.
Yeah, my point exactly.

I want children but I want to have a promising professional career as well. If men don't stop working to raise their kids, why should women?

(#15 (permalink))
Old
File0 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-17-2010, 08:59 PM

Quote:
I want children but I want to have a promising professional career as well. If men don't stop working to raise their kids, why should women?
Men won't stop working because they can't be pregnant, they can't feed the baby properly, my gosh they can't even dress a child decently! You'll know when you get there... I mean they (probably) can learn many of these things, but in time women just tire of cleaning up all the mess after their men.

Get your degree and than try not to lose your knowledge while you're occupied with your children, than if you're lucky you can work on career or whatever you want...

For the sake of your (unborn)children don't give up being a mother, because men cannot replace you...
(#16 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
12-18-2010, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Yeah, my point exactly.

I's rare, but some men actually have done that.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

12-18-2010, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by File0 View Post
Men won't stop working because they can't be pregnant, they can't feed the baby properly, my gosh they can't even dress a child decently! You'll know when you get there... I mean they (probably) can learn many of these things, but in time women just tire of cleaning up all the mess after their men.

Get your degree and than try not to lose your knowledge while you're occupied with your children, than if you're lucky you can work on career or whatever you want...

For the sake of your (unborn)children don't give up being a mother, because men cannot replace you...
If it's ok with you, I'll be the one to decide how to take care of my children, not you.

Anyway, if I'm lucky and I end up having the kind of job I'm after, I won't have to ever stop working and will be able to do it from home for a few months during maternity leave. But I do expect to have a husband who can stay home and look after our kid if my job demands me to be elsewhere at some point.

(#18 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

12-18-2010, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuko81 View Post
Suki,
I can cook, I can clean floor, I can washing, I can feed baby, I can sing lulaby, I can help kids play game, I can...
... and your point is?

(#19 (permalink))
Old
StonerPenguin (Offline)
loves bein' gross ಥ‿à

12-18-2010, 04:18 AM

@ Suki
Yuko81 is male, I think his comment was meant to be a bit of a flirtatious joke, saying that he could be your house-hubby

Also, Suki, I know my comment about hating women in the previous thread irritated you, but I meant I dislike women who think they don't have to do anything for themselves (except have babies, whoo-de-freakin'-doo~ what effective human beings) because they posses vaginas D: It's funny that you said "you're chosing the lifestyle women have fought to get rid of for so long" because I actually came close to saying something like that in the previous thread. I occasionally become a 'woman-hating woman' when I feel like a lot of women share the share beliefs and aspirations of MP, it's like they ruin the good name of hard-working women everywhere! So I apologize for my previous comment, I was feeling aggravated at the women folk as I had a lady tell me how she nabbed her husband-- she lied to him and and said she was on birth control, got pregant then essentially forced him to marry her. Now, she's fat and lazy as hell and she's an AWFUL mother. When she told me this story it was hard to fight back the urge to yell "You're a fucking human leech!!" but I bottled that rage you guys (I'm so proud XD).

My faith in women has come back, I met some kickass women today and seeing how Suki's responses to MP are exactly what I would say is awesome. I completely agree with everything you said You saved me from typing RAGGGEEE comments since you said everything I was going to! You kickass bro. Glad to see I'm not the only woman who wants to have a career with a stay-at-home husband Woman like that seem to be pretty rare Don't give up your career if it's what you want to do.

@ File 01
I respectfully disagree. In my family, my mother 'wears the pants' and my dad stays at home. My daddy is a good mommy! (Jeez, that sounds weird...) But yeah, I'm the oldest of four kids so I saw how my dad was with babies, I'd say he's a good a mom as any I remember my mom used a breast milk pump thing to prepare bottles of milk ready for baby consumption lol and that's what my dad fed the babies when Mom was at work. And of course my mom got maternity leave for the first few months.

Last edited by StonerPenguin : 12-18-2010 at 05:03 AM. Reason: Bad typo lol
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)

12-18-2010, 05:19 AM

It's no one's responsability to raise a child but the parents of that child. In the end, it is they, would will be judged on that child's actions in the future.