JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
jack10110 (Offline)
New to JF

Which Japanese Female Problem Have You Experienced? - 02-02-2011, 01:29 AM

I have dealt with all kinds of Japanese women trouble/quirkiness over the 9 years in Japan, so I thought why not make a list and compare issues. For those in despair I bet you will realize many of us have at least 2 or more of the same problems below: (Add more to the list if you like!)

Long Term relationships only please (living together 6 months +)

1. Does your Japanese girlfriend/wife get angry on a whim/out of the blue? (example: You didn't like an udon noodle and now you have done it! She wants you dead, your friends dead, family dead, in hell, and says your bald and old even though your only 24 years old!)

2. Does your Japanese girlfriend/wife call you dirty? Does she act as if she doesn't want to be with you? (example: You took a shower, got a haircut, sprayed your extremely small Japanese container of axe on yourself, and your still treated as if someone barfed up silver dollar pancakes at Dennys.)

3.Does your Japanese girlfriend/wife work too much OR doesn't work at all? (example: There is no middle road here. Either she has that yamatodamashi spirit to work all day, or she just works quits, work quits and puts the burden on numero uno..you!)

4. Does your Japanese girlfriend/wife not clean up after herself? (example: She eats junk food, uses tissues to blow her nose, and whatever she touches, she just leaves it on the floor FOR YOU TO PICK UP after work!)

5. Does your Japanese girlfriend/wife require 1000 apologies? (example: She went to school, was stung by a bee, and it's your fault! The world now comes to a screeching halt until you apologies again and again again and again.)

6. Is your Japanese girlfriend/wife a little too happy, (seems to speak of marriage a little too easily), and then a second later is incredibly angry and wants you dead....then happy again? (example: If doctors in Japan diagnosed Schizophrenia shed be on the meds!)

7. Does your Japanese girlfriend/wife always think she's sick and dying? (example: health nut. Reads too many articles online, thinks the fan at night will kill her, the blood from her period is cancer, if you cough at night, she gets angry etc. etc. etc.)

8. Is your Japanese girlfriend/wife loosing hair due to stress? (example: This one could be seasonal, and sometimes it's made up in their minds, but if it does happen, it's certainly the gaijins different values to blame for this one!)

9. Does your Japanese girlfriend/wife become quiet and sulks in the corner of the room for hours? Days?(example: not needed!)

10. Does your Japanese girlfriend/wife run out side at night (when angry) pretending to never come back, but in reality she's hiding, waiting for you to find her and resolve the issue? (example: When mommies were mad in the Edo Period they would run to nearby shrines at night to consult other women. In present day, they just don't answer their keitai, and count the seconds it takes you to find them (because it's dangerous at night.)

11. Can your Japanese girlfriend/wife actually eat food with artificial colors and preservatives? (example: Take her to an American supermarket, and see what she DOESN'T buy!)

12. Does your Japanese girlfriend/wife live with her mother? (example: Now you live with the mother in law, and it's as if your dating both of them....and I mean that in the worst way possible.)

13. Does your Japanese girlfriend/wife say "we can live in your country for 5 years but then we come back to Japan." (example: Recent statistics ?citation need? show that the youth (35 years old and younger) want to visit foreign countries but not actually live there anymore. France is too dangerous right?)

14. Does your Japanese girlfriend/wife treat you differently than a Japanese boyfriend/husband? (example: She creates rules, and ridged structure so you can't have fun just because you're a gaijin! She wants you to be the Prince Charming from a Disney flick, but without the Euro trash...even though you are American!)

15. Is your Japanese girlfriend/wife indecisive? Does it take her forever to choose something? Or does she buy it without thinking and regrets it? (example: Its Confucius says! He never said to think on your own! Therefore after all those years in school, your girlfriend still makes some rather bad decisions due to lack of this crucial skill. And this can be a time consuming issue too!)

16. Can you talk rationally to your Japanese girlfriend/wife? (example: you understand Japanese, she understands your language, but without taking out teddy bears, while listening to children music, you can't have a heart to heart talk over IMPORTANT issues.)

17. To initiate 'change/fix the problem', YOU have to take things to the extreme (verge of divorce/breakup) with your Japanese girlfriend/wife? (example: Stagnation has trickled down from Japans economy to the roots of your relationship, and you have to go Hanshin earthquake magnitude 10.0, shindo 9 on her butt in order to get a little change! SHE apologies, promises not to act that way again...but...a week/month/year later its back to the same problems... Like I always said you can't polish a turd! Oh wait Myth Busters says the Japanese figured out a way...It is called darudango! <-this was an insensitive comment. I am truly sorry, so do not take it personally fellow readers!)

18. Can you have a political discussion about World War 2/whales/dolphins/The cove the movie/Yasukuni Shrine/Kidnapped children in Japan/BSE in actual Japanese cows/excessive amount of fat in Japanese meat/Japans poor housing/Japans elite universities not even on the top 10 best universities in the world list/Burakumin - Japanese ignored segregated class/ important laws that the government doesn't enforce....with your Japanese girl friend/wife? (This one is for some organic SEO in google, but it's still an legitimate issue...) (example: She doesn't know the facts, she wasn't taught the facts, so you try to discuss these issues and it causes a fight. Remember "See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil! but you are EVIL!")

19. Does your Japanese girlfriend/wife always want to go on vacation somewhere? (example: Hawaii, Guam 1 day-2 weeks -2 months, and She will go even if you can't!)

20. Does your Japanese girlfriend/wife seem a little childish? (example: Cry, hit her feet on the ground, when she can't have it her way..Ohhh to be 7 years old again!)

Last edited by jack10110 : 02-04-2011 at 08:04 PM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-02-2011, 01:34 AM

Sounds like you need to start shopping for a level headed lady.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
jack10110 (Offline)
New to JF

yup haha - 02-02-2011, 01:46 AM

but this list is just a general collection of common horror stories I and/or friends have had.

And If this thread gets a lot of responses, I may post a collection of common Japanese Boss issues too! (Ranging from ALT, to real office jobs)
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

02-02-2011, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack10110 View Post
but this list is just a general collection of common horror stories I and/or friends have had.

And If this thread gets a lot of responses, I may post a collection of common Japanese Boss issues too! (Ranging from ALT, to real office jobs)
What American Female problems have you experienced?

Here's an example of how stupid your list is.

Surprisingly I had to do very little editing for it to make sense, which says to me that half of your list is just the stereotype that is applied to women generally.

I had to replace things like "The whale, dolphin issue" with "The theory of evolution" and replace references to "Confuscious" with references to "Jesus".

But other than that.. I think it shows what a stupid list you have.

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 02-02-2011 at 03:36 AM.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

02-02-2011, 05:19 AM

seems like you and your friends have had some real bad luck ...

and like Ronin said, most of these things aren't really related to Japan more so than anywhere else
in fact I've found the women here to be less ... insane >< (I know that sounds bad but it's honestly true, more quiet or something I don't know but pms doesn't seem to traumatize the men here as much as it did back home)

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
steven (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-02-2011, 06:04 AM

I got a kick out of reading this. I've experienced a couple of these in VERY small portions... but like others have said outright, I think these are characteristics of crazy people in general (let alone women, and let alone Japanese women).

I actually agree with RealJames-- in my experience I've found Japanese to be a lot easier to deal with on the whole.

Jack, maybe it's time to find a new place to pickup girls. If you've found that you don't like the way the girls you are going out with act, then why don't you try changing your approach. If you've really had these experiences over and over again then I'd say you're doing it to yourself.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-02-2011, 06:57 AM

I suspect a case of Japan frustration. It is very common, and we have talked about it more than once here.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

02-02-2011, 07:38 AM

yeah that's an understatement

and steven I think you might be onto something, it's time to stop picking up girls at 2am at the usual watering holes and maybe go for a more balanced place

(PS, daddy issues are bigger in Japan than back home I've noticed, but otherwise more stable women)

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

02-02-2011, 08:20 AM

Owning a bar in Hakodate which has quite a few foreign patrons I can tell you we also get our fair share of Japanese women there purely to try and pick up gaijin guys. On the whole talking to guys who have taken advantage of this it would be best to stay far, far away from these sorts of women if you want a stable relationship!
(#10 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-02-2011, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNative View Post
Owning a bar in Hakodate which has quite a few foreign patrons I can tell you we also get our fair share of Japanese women there purely to try and pick up gaijin guys. On the whole talking to guys who have taken advantage of this it would be best to stay far, far away from these sorts of women if you want a stable relationship!
I would advise non-Japanese to avoid dating people that only (want to) date non-Japanese as much as I would advise Japanese to avoid people that only (want to) date Japanese.