JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
ryuhebi13 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-07-2011, 10:06 AM

Cat. Married. The loo seat is always down But I guess, it saves time?

Humble in the chest area? Not really. Look at Gwen Stefani. I think I'd overlook her chest humbleness if she came swinging by mine for a coffee
(#22 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

03-07-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catbat View Post

Something i've always wanted to know is why do guys leave the loo seat up?
For most of us decent guys, it's kind of an accident. We have to lift it to use it, and then just forget to put it down (something we're not required to do but is polite). I mean, if guys really wanted to start an argument, we could ask "Why don't girls lift the seat up when they're done?" As men we're just expected to do it instead to be decent.

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography
(#23 (permalink))
Old
catbat (Offline)
spaced

03-07-2011, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsToDiscovery View Post
I mean, if guys really wanted to start an argument, we could ask "Why don't girls lift the seat up when they're done?" As men we're just expected to do it instead to be decent.
Good call! I've never looked at it from that angle. Personally it doesnt bother me all that much, but it is one of those things guys do

Kyoko Honda- For there to be pain, there has to be kindness. For darkness to stand out, there has to be the sun.

(#24 (permalink))
Old
catbat (Offline)
spaced

03-07-2011, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhebi13 View Post
Look at Gwen Stefani. I think I'd overlook her chest humbleness if she came swinging by mine for a coffee
Oh i bet you would lol

Kyoko Honda- For there to be pain, there has to be kindness. For darkness to stand out, there has to be the sun.

(#25 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-07-2011, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuurui View Post
If you treat woman like a queen you give her too much room to think, and do more damage than good. You need to treat her with respect, but far from being a queen. In fact, if I was a woman and someone treated me like a queen, I'd get bored and most likely vomit.

Instead of throwing your jacket on the puddle, better talk to her and spend some time with her discovering her inner self.
To the contrary, I find being treated 'like a queen' ironically rather demeaning. It's suffocating. You don't have room to think; for the act to work you're not required or really wanted to think. I honestly appreciate when guys hold a door open for me, or stop me from breaking my neck on stairs like an ice rink but it's way too much to have everything done for you. I also a man and an equal, not a servant or a dog running around panting after my every whim. I mean, gross!

hahah, and now this thread is heading swiftly to being all about what women want in a guy, not what guys think.

Quote:
I've never quite understood throwing a jacket in a puddle. I think it started out as a drycleaners conspiracy to get more cash
It's a story that (likely didn't really happen) about Sir Walter Raleigh doing that for Elizabeth 1st. He was supposed to be a dashing romantic, gentleman to the nth degree and her only love and all that, so it became reknowned as ~the~ gesture for chivalry.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
ryuhebi13 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-07-2011, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbine View Post
I also a man and an equal, not a servant or a dog running around panting after my every whim. I mean, gross!

Yeah that would be very cloying wouldn't it?

hahah, and now this thread is heading swiftly to being all about what women want in a guy, not what guys think.

haha that's fine too

It's a story that (likely didn't really happen) about Sir Walter Raleigh doing that for Elizabeth 1st. He was supposed to be a dashing romantic, gentleman to the nth degree and her only love and all that, so it became reknowned as ~the~ gesture for chivalry.
Oh yas I know. I wonder, is chivalry still alive and kicking?
(#27 (permalink))
Old
catbat (Offline)
spaced

03-07-2011, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Somewhat. Although i know enough guys that have thought it a waste of time, and in their words, gay. I'm just glad there are decent sorts out there with the right amount of chivalry. If my bf dashed to open the door for me, sprinting past me to get there first, i may get grumpy with him lol

(#28 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-07-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
I think so. I mean, not in the old sense of the actual code; dexterity in arms and Christian piety have fallen by the way-side but there are certainly decent guys out there who do the little things, young and old alike. I work part-time in a cafe, so i notice it a lot, especially getting down a narrow corridor with 2 doors and a heavy tea-tray. If you consider chivalry as the sum of it's parts; courage, generosity, valor, honour, justice, helping the weak and courtesy, then those things are still kicking about, and aren't bound by gender. Of course, finding them all in one person is a rarity.

Last edited by Columbine : 03-07-2011 at 10:31 AM.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
ryuurui (Offline)
Japanese calligrapher

03-07-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catbat View Post
Haha

Oh this thread is gonna be fun.

Something i've always wanted to know is why do guys leave the loo seat up?

(if you don't then good for you)

And if a girl was say, humble in the chest area, does it really make a difference to if you ask her out?
What I want to ask is why my wife leaves it up sometimes, lol.
To be honest I do not pay attention to it but I think sometimes i do sometimes do not. But I must say it looks less vulgar and obvious when it is down, so perhaps that is why I lower it quite often.

I dont like big breasts. I like them shaped but not overflowing. Besides I am an ass / belly / thighs guy. I like the ass round shaped and pinchy, belly fit and not too plush and thighs where I can see some muscles vibrating under the skin.

I do not like tall girls either. They very inconvenient in bed and uncuddly. I am 192 / 113kg and my wife is 161 / 45kg. She is like a small couch-to-whatever-is-in-range rocket.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
ryuhebi13 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-07-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbine View Post
I think so. I mean, not in the old sense of the actual code; dexterity in arms has fallen by the way-side but there are certainly decent guys out there who do the little things, young and old alike. I work part-time in a cafe, so i notice it a lot, especially getting down a narrow corridor with 2 doors and a heavy tea-tray. If you consider chivalry as the sum of it's parts; courage, generosity, valor, honour, justice, helping the weak and courtesy, then those things are still kicking about, and aren't bound by gender. Of course, finding them all in one person is a rarity.
I feel for you. I used to wait tables and I always appreciated the kind gestures from customers and staff alike. Okay i'm going to sound like a big head here but I do try and live upto the points you mentioned. It's funny, it's not how I was raised either so I think with me it's nature over nature. I did see a lot of woman hating so I think I rebelled it against it. Who knows?

You are right that it shouldn't be bound by gender too. Anyone can try to be courageous, generous, just, courteous and help the weak and I do think there are a lot of men and women out there who are like that.