LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

04-03-2011, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Not when you're talking averages and you consider the range probably extends 2 or 3 inches either side of that average.
Of course you're going to have outliers, but if the data is skewed enough in either way but the average is still a solid inch, that's quite a lot. That's how averages work. Having people fall on either side of the average but still coming up with that number actually says more.

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

04-03-2011, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsToDiscovery View Post
Of course you're going to have outliers, but if the data is skewed enough in either way but the average is still a solid inch, that's quite a lot. That's how averages work. Having people fall on either side of the average but still coming up with that number actually says more.
It depends on how many outliers there are. But considering a "normal" penis (as opposed to an average one) is generally considered as one within 4-8 inches (under 3.5 inches and you are designated with a condition known as micropenis... and over 8 then you're just extremely rare) I would guess that when expressed as a bell curve, the data would mostly overlap.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

04-03-2011, 04:17 AM

Quote:
It depends on how many outliers there are. But considering a "normal" penis (as opposed to an average one) is generally considered as one within 4-8 inches (under 3.5 inches and you are designated with a condition known as micropenis... and over 8 then you're just extremely rare) I would guess that when expressed as a bell curve, the data would mostly overlap.
I'd assume there'd be a lot of outliers. 4-8 inches is extremely broad, but most resources will give a definitive answer of about 5. Therefore, it's assumed it would be quite easy to fall on either side of this number with a 4-8 spread.

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

04-03-2011, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsToDiscovery View Post
I'd assume there'd be a lot of outliers. 4-8 inches is extremely broad, but most resources will give a definitive answer of about 5. Therefore, it's assumed it would be quite easy to fall on either side of this number with a 4-8 spread.
Definitive answer? You mean definitive average?

If I remember correctly, most resources say that it is anything but definitive (It is often acknowledge that various surveys often produce different averages but that average tends to fall in between 5-6.)

But anyway... I guess we are in agreement?

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 04-03-2011 at 04:27 AM.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

04-03-2011, 05:19 AM

On average shorter yes, both in height and in length.
Lots of guys here are taller than me, generally I'm taller though.

If you wanna take a shot in the dark you're aiming at odds.

In my experience, going the other way, Japanese women are generally significantly more petite down there than their wester counterparts, then again a few of the women I've been with here have been more spacey than the westerners I was with...

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

04-03-2011, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
On average shorter yes, both in height and in length.
Lots of guys here are taller than me, generally I'm taller though.

If you wanna take a shot in the dark you're aiming at odds.
Sure.. but the odds aren't as stacked in your favour as you might think though which is my point. If you're considered "around average" in Japan you're probably "around average" in America (for a white person).

On another note... black guys win the "on average" dick measuring contest so us white people should stop comparing ourselves collectively to Asians to make ourselves feel better lol.

If you have a daughter and she decides to "play the odds"... then expect Black grandchildren lol

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 04-03-2011 at 07:44 PM.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

04-03-2011, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Sure.. the odds aren't as stacked in your favour as you might think though which is my point. If you're considered "around average" in Japan you're probably "around average" in America (for a white person).

On another note... black guys win the "on average" dick measuring contest so us white people should stop comparing ourselves collectively to Asians to make ourselves feel better lol.

If you have a daughter and she decides to "play the odds"... then expect Black grandchildren lol
I think it's the french who win

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

04-03-2011, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
I think it's the french who win
That says nothing since France is full of Arabs and Africans.

If we're going by race it's black people. If we're going by nationality I think it's not France but somewhere Africa. (Cameroon I think)

World map of The Penis Size Worldwide (country) by Country - TargetMap

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 04-03-2011 at 09:22 AM.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
V1nn1 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-03-2011, 07:33 PM

I think this discussion is rather funny ;D
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

04-03-2011, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1nn1 View Post
I think this discussion is rather funny ;D
lol.. yeah it kinda is because it's literally about penis size. (Not sure if it's a New Zealand wide colloquialism but in my group of friends at least... to have a "dick measuring contest" is to argue or talk about something so stupid or irrelevant simply to boost your ego or status)

But yeah.. it particularly annoys me how this stereotype feeds overall into whitey's superiority complex over not just Japanese... but Asians in general and is really not all that different to how whitey sees itself as superior to the black man.

In the same way as Africans or Arabs are stereotyped as "savage" and "stupid" (or at the very least not as smart).. Asians are stereotyped as being effeminate (or at the very least not as manly).

And these misunderstood statistics surrounding penis size feed into that stereotype which is stupid on two counts because a) It doesn't really work on an individual level and is really not all that much of an "advantage" (as I try to explain in a statistical way) but also b).. because it doesn't REALLY matter. I mean having a bigger member is definitely an advantage. But so is not being overweight or hairy (something East Asians beat white people in statistically)
Closed Thread