JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
kitanaoren (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Yahoo to kitanaoren
Unhappy Will men from asian/japanese culture date a black woman - 07-18-2011, 08:52 PM

I'm black and i have been trying to date out of my usual choice of guy and i realize one day that even though i don't care about anyones race, they definitely care about mine. Im smart, single, 2 bedroom apartment, full-time job, some college, good-looking 5 foot 3 inches tall, and drug-drama free. so why wouldn't they even so much as say hi? im a very nice and understanding person, wouldn't lie cheat or steal, so my biggest question- is there any guy out there willing to give me a chance?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
evanny (Offline)
devil's advocate

07-18-2011, 09:15 PM

welcome to Japan Forum. a place for broken hearts and interracial relationships as you expected.
apparently you are not smart. why date out of your usual choice? apparently you prefer those types of guys SINCE THEY ARE YOUR FIRST CHOICE!

and do a search. there already was a lengthy topic where a black woman asked the same questions.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
kitanaoren (Offline)
New to JF

07-18-2011, 09:42 PM

Im sorry let me simplify, I have dated a lot of guys of different colors races and religions, my first choice isn't compatible with me anymore, i've grown up and matured while they still rely on childish antics to get them by- In the area im in you have no choice but to date interracial because there's not many blacks, what i am saying is (since you didn't understand and was MISLEAD into thinking i was dumb) with there not being enough of one race why cant i find anyone online or off, who is willing to give me a chance, note i never said i was broken hearted, i just think you have seen so many questions like mine, that you didn't really understand what i was asking in simplified form, maybe i should have added more detail

kitanaoren
(#4 (permalink))
Old
kitanaoren (Offline)
New to JF

07-18-2011, 09:51 PM

My usual choice of guy, the guys i dated were too closed minded and childish, when i posted this, i was thinking about how i was on this dating site, and there were a bunch of guys i liked and seemed to be compatible with, but they wouldn't message me back and finally they specified white woman only or asian only and things like that so i just wanted to see both halves of the spectrum and also see what gets in the way of a perfectly fine connection between two people looking for love. so i mean no offense and i don't mean to keep hitting a dead horse but im curious.

kitanaoren
(#5 (permalink))
Old
OHayou (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-19-2011, 01:22 AM

Hi there! I can already tell you are a sweet heart, have a big heart, and that you are an intelligent woman who is very empathic and open minded. Wow! I know, that's great to hear isn't it? Well, it's true and you need to hear it.

There are a lot of people who are "lonely" out there (I point to facebook - why on Earth does someone need 3,000 friends unless they need to feel loved or important??)

The point is...no...an asian man will never date you. Lol I am entirely kidding and you shouldn't rely on any of our "advice" to tell you one way or the other (hell most of us still live with our parents and it's not like we've ever dated a girl let alone been alone with one.)

Is there any redeeming information in this post? probably not but I would suggest (even though you're not supposed to take our advice) to observe the rule of "proximity".

1) Learn the language of your desired Asian country.
2) Start attending local events (if you can) of your chosen country.
3) Log on to forums (not these forums .. all us honkay are here) with people from your chosen Asian country.

The point is: Immerse yourself in this culture and people. You know how tough it is to find a good person in the culture you know and are immersed in already. If you only come into contact with 2 or 3 asian guys every year you'll never "screen" through enough to find one you connect with!

You can take my advice because I'm 32 and if you need anymore I live with my mom and when she isn't at the bar she's home with me watching tv and loves to chat.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-19-2011, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitanaoren View Post
I'm black and i have been trying to date out of my usual choice of guy and i realize one day that even though i don't care about anyones race, they definitely care about mine. Im smart, single, 2 bedroom apartment, full-time job, some college, good-looking 5 foot 3 inches tall, and drug-drama free. so why wouldn't they even so much as say hi? im a very nice and understanding person, wouldn't lie cheat or steal, so my biggest question- is there any guy out there willing to give me a chance?
I just cant believe that given what u say, u aint gettin any attention or hav i got it wrong and what your saying is that asian guys wont look at you because youre black?? if thst the case - then F*** those men lol their loss yeah?

Anyone who wont get with a women due to her race is so hilariously ridculous to me i cant find words to describe them !

Actually on second thoughts....thats perfectly fine - more in the tank for me lmao !!!

The things that come to those who wait are the things that are left by those who got there first !
(#7 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

07-19-2011, 08:47 AM

This topic has been started a hundred times already, in future please do a search. The answer is yes, some will date you, and other won't. Japanese men aren't aliens, they are normal humans and will have preferences just like you, probably unrelated to race in most cases.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Fr3sh (Offline)
JF Regular

07-20-2011, 02:13 AM

Don't be insecure about your ethnicity, just be you talk to people, mingle and what not and with that you'll surely meet a bunch of different people.

As for the whole race thing..."I am black...would people from such and such race date me" is kinda lame imo. If someone pushes you away because of what\who you are then they are definitely not worth it. Don't restrict yourself to only asian men or any "type" of men because you might miss out on a super awesome dude that is right next to you.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Gokiburi (Offline)
JF Regular

07-22-2011, 03:35 PM

Shucks, I'm new here too, mainly wanted to see how things are with Fukushima and how the average 'just-like-you-and-me' fellow planetdweller is coping with it ( Just becaue the worlds media have turned their attention else doesn't mean that it has stopped leaking ...), and stumble across the same questions in the most different corners of the web. Guess humans aren't that different after all

Yes, the social, economical, spiritual, cultural environment we all grow up and live in shapes us and leaves its imprint on us. Leads often to that stereotyping thingie, like all Latinos are machos, all Americans love only junkfood, all Italians try to steal your watch, etc,etc,etc.

But: If I meet someone and there is that certain enticing wonderful miracoulous sparkle in the eye and that common desire to find out more, I don't give a rat's ass about your color, your ethnicity, your background, your inome, your job...for all I care then you could have green mottled skin with blue polka dots and police just towed away your flying saucer because it was floating in a no-parking-zone... It doesn't matter

So if you're curious about dating men from Asia, follow the practical advise posted here, check the threads on why it would or would not work, but please please try not run around with a scoresheet in you head...where every 'potential' gets ticked box by box, and the answer is subject to the tally on the bottom of the checksheet.

Whether that spark lasts for the next drink, for one night, for a relation or the rest of your lives, good part of the fun is finding that out together.

Can't swim in the river of life without getting wet

Oh yeah, from what you write I gather you did swim, sometimes in raging torrents, discarding you onto a rock, with your heart and your soul bleeding profusely (oh thats another thing. No matter what the ads for female hygiene products try to make you believe, we all bleed in red...). It can be that: wild white frothing water that tosses and churns you... And it also can be a majestic , soul-and heartwarming engulfing flow capable of carrying you beyond the edge of the universe and back in utter bliss and abandonment...

Only one way to find out : Hop back in , Live
(#10 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-22-2011, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitanaoren View Post
There's your problem.

You need to have 3 or more before you'll get noticed by Asian men.