(#1 (permalink))
Old
Kayci (Offline)
The odd Gaijin :3

Send a message via MSN to Kayci
second chances? (long) - 08-01-2011, 10:45 PM

okay
my first real boyfriend
was a Japanese boy who was an exchange student at my high school. I was sixteen then, as was he, and I posted about him on this very forum, four years and three months ago.

Soon after that post, he returned to Japan, and we spent the next year and few months in a relationship without seeing each other.

My senior year of high school started, and we broke up. No fight, nothing. Started to talk again as my graduation ceremony came in 2009.

I was dating a guy who I first interacted with through this site then, (We knew each other in person,) but that relationship was really...not a good healthy one.

The summer I graduated, I was sexually assaulted. To a very extreme point. I called my first love up, tell him, and just pour everything out. We promise to keep close friends.

We do. I start having another serious relationship with a korean, which lasts longer than my first.

However, when the earthquake in may happened, I wanted so badly to do something for Japan, and well...the boyfriend did not like that. So...guess what happened.

After that, well, I start making my dad keep his promise of letting me come here, and call my first love. He says not to worry, I can stay with him and his family as long as I am in Japan. Cool So I prepare to come here. We talk about dating short time while I am here...and well...

I arrive. His dad and him pick me up at Fukuoka airport. The moment I see him, my heart decides to give me a few attacks. Wish I was exaggerating. My hearts pumping, I get dizzy, and foolish as I try to find my baggage and breathe while he waits.

Its been a week and two days since. I leave in two weeks. We have gotten very very VERY close in such quick time, and we both feel like nothing has changed.

We made a promise to see each other once/twice a year no matter what happens anyways, but I am starting to feel that this, time, it can go somewhere.

So, does anyone believe in the second run?

Coffee prevents me from killing you.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

08-01-2011, 10:58 PM

Sure, anything can happen. If you two like each other, anything is possible....
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Gokiburi (Offline)
JF Regular

08-01-2011, 11:28 PM

People develop, gather experience, move...
You and him have done that too and continue to do so.
Yet, seperated by an ocean and a handful of timezones, your hearts obviously never lost track of each other.

Go for it.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
OHayou (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-02-2011, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayci View Post

So, does anyone believe in the second run?
Hi Kayci. Love the story it's very sweet, heartfelt, and I love the possibility of it working.

Long distance relationships typically start out with a relationship that is "beyond the normal person's" or a relationship built upon a connection that transcends borders, countries, and the petty and lustful inclinations of the "typical" person's standard sub-par relationship. However, in the end someone will have to move to a new country to even START the relationship. (i.e. writing letters and seeing each other twice a year is not enough to know whether or not you'll still enjoy seeing him wake up after snoring all night and trying to kiss you with dragon breath once the initial attraction phase of the relationship passes.)

How many years do you plan on sending deep, gushing love letters to each other before reality sets in that one of you will have to move?

If you can move to Japan are you willing to drop it all for the possibility of a relationship that might or might not work out?

Do you have any 21-22 year old sisters that are as sweet, romantic, and sincere as you are who moonlight as exotic dancers?

We need these questions answered!

Last edited by OHayou : 08-02-2011 at 04:00 AM.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Kayci (Offline)

08-02-2011, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHayou View Post
Hi Kayci. Love the story it's very sweet, heartfelt, and I love the possibility of it working.

Long distance relationships typically start out with a relationship that is "beyond the normal person's" or a relationship built upon a connection that transcends borders, countries, and the petty and lustful inclinations of the "typical" person's standard sub-par relationship. However, in the end someone will have to move to a new country to even START the relationship. (i.e. writing letters and seeing each other twice a year is not enough to know whether or not you'll still enjoy seeing him wake up after snoring all night and trying to kiss you with dragon breath once the initial attraction phase of the relationship passes.)

How many years do you plan on sending deep, gushing love letters to each other before reality sets in that one of you will have to move?

If you can move to Japan are you willing to drop it all for the possibility of a relationship that might or might not work out?

Do you have any 21-22 year old sisters that are as sweet, romantic, and sincere as you are who moonlight as exotic dancers?

We need these questions answered!

Trolololol.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
OHayou (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-02-2011, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayci View Post
Trolololol.
Mental Note: Only tell Kayci what she wants to hear. lol

I'm just gently poking fun here Kayci but people have a hard enough time:

- making long distance relationships state-to-state work let alone country-to-country.
- making relationships work that didn't quite work out the first time work out the second time.
- making ex-highschool relationships work in adult years

I'm all for designing your own destiny but there are some hard-hitting questions you'll need to answer to yourself whether right now or later on.

However, I think this is the answer you REALLY want:

"yes, Kayci, second chances WILL work!!"

Last edited by OHayou : 08-02-2011 at 05:53 PM.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

08-02-2011, 05:59 PM

Kacyi I like you because I think you are a sweetheart, but you are very immature for your age.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Bard (Offline)
New to JF

08-02-2011, 06:06 PM

From my own experience, there're no such things as second chances. My last relationship with a woman ended very badly and there's nothing left between us but mutual acrimony and hostile feelings. I've made conciliatory steps towards her but some wounds just can't be stiched up; she's made it perfectly clear that she wants nothing to do with me.

Do what I've done: burn your bridges and move on.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Kayci (Offline)

08-03-2011, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHayou View Post
Mental Note: Only tell Kayci what she wants to hear. lol

I'm just gently poking fun here Kayci but people have a hard enough time:

- making long distance relationships state-to-state work let alone country-to-country.
- making relationships work that didn't quite work out the first time work out the second time.
- making ex-highschool relationships work in adult years

I'm all for designing your own destiny but there are some hard-hitting questions you'll need to answer to yourself whether right now or later on.

However, I think this is the answer you REALLY want:

"yes, Kayci, second chances WILL work!!"

Dude, for the record, I was not offended. You had me laughing. I am sorry I was not clear ^^:

Edit; I dunno how I seem offended to where it sounded like I only wanted to hear a certain thing...I honestly was just thinking how funny your post was, and that song came to mind

Last edited by Kayci : 08-03-2011 at 04:45 AM.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Kayci (Offline)

08-03-2011, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
Kacyi I like you because I think you are a sweetheart, but you are very immature for your age.
Why, cause I experienced things? xD