JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Relationship Talk (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/relationship-talk/)
-   -   My Girlfriend Is A Doll... Literally (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/relationship-talk/545-my-girlfriend-doll-literally.html)

Avary_Ninja 11-07-2006 05:47 AM

My Girlfriend Is A Doll... Literally

How does one get to that point? Japanese men who forfeit all effort to go out with real women and turn to life-size dolls for companionship. Watch these two videos and discuss.

Video 1 : For some Japanese geeks, their girlfriend is (litterally) a doll. This guy bought a doll on the internet and she became his partner. He takes her on walks to the park and takes pictures and publishes photobooks of his doll. He's also got 3 other dolls around the house. One of them cooks for him O.o;

Video 2 : Now this guy, Tabo. He's a businessman and doll collector. He owns more than 40 dolls (!!!) He has so many dolls in fact, that he rents a second, independant appartment to store his dolls. Then he gropes their boobs. u.u

Videos are translated and subbed by me ^^;

Ash 11-07-2006 06:04 AM

[post removed]

Avary_Ninja 11-07-2006 06:07 AM

Those dolls cost well above 2000 $ each. I want to know what business the guy with 40 dolls deals in.

Ash 11-07-2006 06:14 AM

[post removed]

Avary_Ninja 11-07-2006 06:23 AM

The doll is always there, she doesn't get sick or grow old, never says "not tonight honey I have a headache", doesn't cheat on you or leave you for an other guy. So for someone who fears, or has suffered the sting of rejection the doll might be an ideal companion, as cats and dogs are.

On the downside the doll, won't hug you, argue with you, cook, clean the house or wash the dishes with you. The doll does not have the warm embrace of the living human being, and will never bear any children to love and raise. As such it is an inadequate replacement.

That businessman is obviously well-off if he can afford 40 dolls and a second appartment. He could easily use his resources to get himself a real flesh and blood girlfriend because rich guys don't need to be good-looking or even have passable social skills to impress.

Riku8 11-07-2006 07:53 AM

to be honest dolls are a stupid idea, why pay so much for love, companionship, loyalty whatever when you could just wait for the right person...at least they can talk to you

Ash 11-07-2006 08:16 AM

[post removed]

NinjaKasumi123 11-07-2006 08:43 AM

Having a doll as a girlfriend sounds more like CHOBITS

Ash 11-07-2006 11:55 AM

[post removed]

kitty_starbrite 11-07-2006 12:46 PM

I love the 'real dolls'! I am always asking my boyfriend to buy me one, but he doesn't have that kind of money, lol! For me it is just like a big version of the dolls I had as a little girl. I would love to brush their hair and change their clothes and take care of them. Aww... Dunno about making lurve to them, tho. It's a bit weird, isn't it? I think that it is sad that some peole are unable or afraid to forge a connection with a real person. You must be very lonely to have to rely on an inanimate object for company.