Old
Gackt21 (Offline)
退屈中央

Send a message via Skype™ to Gackt21
03-16-2008, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slykaz1 View Post
RP....like in story form?
Do you know what paragraph roleplaying is? Yes it is like writing a short story. Is anyone up for that. I think we do need a who board for it.

Forums for set up:
Characters
Theme Roleplay

GACKTDOLL クリスティーナ
Kurisutīna
(#12 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
03-16-2008, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNard View Post
Well, I don't see why we'd need a whole board of the forum just for roleplays. If you're talking about taking on an alternative identity, then there is one in the anime and manga section. If you're talking about creative stories, on which individuals can come together and amalgamate ideas, then you have the member art & creativity section. Frankly, less than 25% of this whole forum participates in roleplaying activities, so there is no apparent need for it, yet.

~ CoolNard
I guess I'll brief you guys on your promote-a-roleplaying-board status.

If you can prove its worth to me (yes, since I'm one of the two most active moderators in town, my words count highly in significance) in 35-40 pages of posts, which are ONLY inclusive of those in agreement for the making of a new board, without same-person-posts, and/or font sizes exceeding "4", we MAY consider it, despite the fact the one (admin) who wields the power to authorize it has a record-breaking history of being absent for months on end (approaching a year actually). Therefore, bear in mind even if you succeed, it may not work out.

So the odds are like, 25-30% to a 100.

~ CoolNard

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.

Last edited by CoolNard : 03-16-2008 at 04:04 PM.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
kikure (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to kikure Send a message via Yahoo to kikure
03-31-2008, 12:49 AM

I think an rp board is a good idea. And for the space out of posts, who ever creates the threads makes a list of who posts after who. Or puts limitations.

All I have I give to you.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Alastor (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Here's an idea to deal with the RP issue - 04-16-2008, 08:21 PM

I have an idea that I think should be employed.

Set up some rules (sticky the rules thread) that everyone who wants to start an RP must read. Might be good for those who join to read as well.

Everyone who wants to create an RP must first ask for permission to start an RP. Permission is given by the moderators of the appropriate subforum.

Set up some rules to give RP's a structure. Since the RP's are posted in the Member Art & Creativity subforum, I think by all means people should be a little more creative with their RP stuff. By this I mean, more structure with posting, more structure when submitting character profiles, and more structure with the actual RP.

Have 1 week where people who wants to join may join. If the RP creator wants, he or she can set up a limit to how many can join.

SUGGESTION: Create a Roleplaying subforum. This way, you can have moderators that specifically have the job of monitoring and managing all that is RP'ing in JapanForum.

To promote more proper RP'ing, you can have one 'official' RP running, one that is created by and moderated by the moderators themselves.

So, what do you guys think? Please try to state why you think whatever it is you think. Elaborate and such, so we can make progress ^_^
(#15 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

04-16-2008, 08:25 PM

I think this is probably the best way to deal with it. Putting all the roleplays into one thread like some have suggested would just be chaos. But getting permission and limiting the number and types or roleplay would stop people getting so annoyed about it. A roleplay subforum would also be good, so that if people don't want to look at them they don't have to. Maybe a way to stop them getting on the front page? I've seen about 4-5 roleplays on the front page at the same time which may annoy some people.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Darkeyes34 (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Darkeyes34
04-16-2008, 08:30 PM

I agree, many other sites and forums have a place set aside for rp that works very well. Putting all of it on one single thread would be....well...MADNESS!!!!

(#17 (permalink))
Old
Alastor (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-16-2008, 08:34 PM

I don't know how you guys look at roleplaying, but in most sites that have roleplaying, they all end up dead because they're chaotic and because there are several roleplayers who aren't putting effort at all. I think we need clear, distinct ruleson roleplaying, and need to see to it that the rules are followed to some degree, at least.

To me, roleplaying is fun and an excellent way to practise my writing skills and writing authentic, interesting characters and character dialogues.

But, returning to topic: I think this is really needed because right now, it's all chaos either way.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Slykaz1 (Offline)
Tengoku!

Send a message via MSN to Slykaz1 Send a message via Yahoo to Slykaz1
04-16-2008, 08:35 PM

Yes I see what you mean.....But the problem will be that the mods will be swamped with RP startups......in their PMs. Why don't they suggest this.

Everyone who wants to create an RP must first ask for permission to start an RP. Permission is given by the moderators of the appropriate subforum.To submit a permission go to http://www.japanforum.com/forum/memb...-story-rp.html or All Anime/MANGA RP and submit an idea. There you will be notified if it has been approved.

Property of Eiri & Pexster
Virtual Boyfriend...Hyakushi in *Indian suit*

Eiri - 41 : Rojjin -43 : Sly - 121 : Yuna7780 - 57 : reihino - 14 : Crani - 22 : Ramones1976 - 0 : AnimeBaby112 - 3 : Arikado - 1 : KikiBunny23 - 3 : Pexter -0
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Alastor (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-16-2008, 08:42 PM

Regardless of where you submit it, the moderators of the forum will still be busy looking through these requests. I know a forum where they use this system and it's working perfectly.

If you couple my idea of PMing requests along with having set rules, you'll find that the number of random pass-time RP's will be reduced, leaving us with fewer RP's with better quality.

This: "We're gonna have an RP about europe in 15th century ok here's my profile:" is, to me, not sufficient for an actual RP. It's VERY vague and as such, can become easily chaotic and confusing.

I have about 5 years of experience with RP's, including those where you post between 1 and 5 pages of word per post (which is more like collaborative writing anyway, but w/e). We've had extensive topics where we've discussed time and time again about what makes a good RP, etc. etc. and I am confident my idea could very well work.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Slykaz1 (Offline)
Tengoku!

Send a message via MSN to Slykaz1 Send a message via Yahoo to Slykaz1
04-16-2008, 08:45 PM

just curious here.....are you a mod somewhere else?

Property of Eiri & Pexster
Virtual Boyfriend...Hyakushi in *Indian suit*

Eiri - 41 : Rojjin -43 : Sly - 121 : Yuna7780 - 57 : reihino - 14 : Crani - 22 : Ramones1976 - 0 : AnimeBaby112 - 3 : Arikado - 1 : KikiBunny23 - 3 : Pexter -0