JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Alastor (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-16-2008, 08:47 PM

Me, a mod? Hehe, nope. Close friends with someone who used to mod an RP subforum, but then she stopped coming to the site ^_^

I don't want to come off as some mean jerk or anything, I mean, I welcome most RP's, but what bugs me is that soon, someone is gonna come with this REALLY awesome idea and he or she will want to just get on with it that this person will start the RP right away without having put some extra thought into it, and then it fails
(#22 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

04-16-2008, 08:56 PM

Maybe they should pick a member of Japan Forum who has actively been in roleplay responsibly for a long time, and who knows the people and community to be a mod especially for roleplay? To be honest, with all the chaos surrounding roleplay it looks like they need a new mod to deal with roleplays alone.

Btw, I always wanted to know this, - how do you know if someones a mod? On most forums they have a diff colour name or a sign or something, here I can't work it out >.<
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

04-17-2008, 12:26 AM

I can try and have a sub-section created for the soul purpose of roleplaying and game threads.

At the moment, we have 6 roleplay threads. This is more then sufficient. A lot of you may not realize it, but this is a forum based on Japan. Not a random/general forum for everyday talk and discussion.

This forum is based for the purpose of finding out information on Japan, and things related to it.

I am not trying to be rude in saying this, but if you just want to play games online, then go to a forum that specializes in those fields.

As to finding out who a Moderator is. Go to any sub-section. Anime&Manga, Japanese Movies and TV, J-Music etc. and then scroll to the bottom of the screen where the option is to go to page 2 and so on. Just below there is a list of moderators. Here is an example:

(#24 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

04-17-2008, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
I can try and have a sub-section created for the soul purpose of roleplaying and game threads.

At the moment, we have 6 roleplay threads. This is more then sufficient. A lot of you may not realize it, but this is a forum based on Japan. Not a random/general forum for everyday talk and discussion.

This forum is based for the purpose of finding out information on Japan, and things related to it.

I am not trying to be rude in saying this, but if you just want to play games online, then go to a forum that specializes in those fields.

As to finding out who a Moderator is. Go to any sub-section. Anime&Manga, Japanese Movies and TV, J-Music etc. and then scroll to the bottom of the screen where the option is to go to page 2 and so on. Just below there is a list of moderators. Here is an example:

The "General Discussion" section seems to say otherwise. I don't know, the section and it's description sort of knock down and piss on that little statement there. :/

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

04-17-2008, 12:33 AM

I'm not sure what you are trying to say. I don't know if you noticed it, but this is the list of Moderators who can moderate the General Discussion sub-section.

I copied the GD list, since it is the most popular section in all of JF.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
kikure (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to kikure Send a message via Yahoo to kikure
04-17-2008, 03:04 AM

I have a site mostly for rping, if anyone is interested?...

All I have I give to you.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Amnell (Offline)
W.o.W. I'm 66

Send a message via AIM to Amnell Send a message via Skype™ to Amnell
04-17-2008, 03:35 AM

I like the idea of an RP sub-forum. And I agree that, while the purpose of this forum is to share information about Japan, that's not entirely what goes on around here. Moreover, if the majority of RPs end up being Manga/Anime based (which is common), that still has to do with Japan, so really it all fits in quite nicely .

I'm quite into RP myself, though I've not made any attempts at joining the RP's here. Mostly because I can't stand to RP with people who are unaware of the existence of the comma and period keys on their keyboards... Also not helpful is that, like others who've posted in this thread, I prefer the page-long posts to the five word posts so common here.

"The trouble with trying to make something idiot proof is that idiots are so smart." ~A corollary to Murphy's Law

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you actually make them think, they'll hate you. ~Don Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle
But, that's always f-ed up individuals that kill in secluded areas up high in the mountains. Thats neither the army nor the governments agenda! I hope those people rott in hell, but an army or government shouldn't be judged by psycho individuals.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

04-17-2008, 03:53 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure what you are trying to say. I don't know if you noticed it, but this is the list of Moderators who can moderate the General Discussion sub-section.

I copied the GD list, since it is the most popular section in all of JF.
Actually your habit of bolding your posts made what I bolded in your post go unnoticed.

I meant:

"

I am not trying to be rude in saying this, but if you just want to play games online, then go to a forum that specializes in those fields."

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

04-17-2008, 05:14 AM

Quote:

Ah I see, thankyou very much ^-^
(#30 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

04-17-2008, 05:19 AM

I know this forum is supposed to be about Japan, but people are still going to post roleplay threads if they want to, and since it's so popular there is kinda no way to stop it except delete them all.

I like roleplay but I also don't like the 5 word ones, I usually write about half a page. But I think that although this is a forum, it is also a community and one which is brought together by community events where everyone whos interested can join in. [One example being roleplay, the others being group projects and debates]

Some people dislike roleplay, and are sick of seeing it popping up randomly in general discussion and member creativity, so if it had it's own subforum you wouldn't have to look at it if you didn't want.