JapanForum.com  

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Hyakushi (Offline)
Ikaga desu ka!?

06-03-2008, 03:29 AM

Hmmmm I don't agree this is like saying you can read peoples emotions through a computer, unless you are a loon that is.
I would take it in offence if the person ment it in a bad way like in an argument or a catfight between people but if its not in that manner than nothing to it.

I'm not racist . . . I hate everyone equally.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

06-03-2008, 08:12 AM

I agree. There was a case where a member used to word rape, but they had absolutely no idea that it was a nasty word because of the casual way people use it on this forum. Because she was foreign and only just realised the seriousness of what she said, she apologized. But I think even if people don't agree with the moral aspect of using the word rape, I still thing it is important that is not misused because we do have a few foreign people who will not understand the serious nature of the word, and after all this is a language forum, we want to help people with their English, not distort it.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Hisuwashi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-03-2008, 09:42 AM

I don't think people should joke about rape... not just because it's tasteless... but it seems like they're actually endorsing it... I hope no-one goes out and actually DOES rape someone...

~ Wind Song ~
~ Windlied ~
~ Chant du vent ~
(#14 (permalink))
Old
koaku (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-03-2008, 10:12 AM

A 10000€ or 15595$ or 7926£ Question:
If someone feels offended by the comments on the forum, this person has the right (and duty) to say it right?

I Honestly, seriously and truly.....don't care about U
(#15 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
06-03-2008, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisuwashi View Post
I don't think people should joke about rape... not just because it's tasteless... but it seems like they're actually endorsing it... I hope no-one goes out and actually DOES rape someone...
You are so right. I think that is the major cause of my personal discomfort with this usage. It does make it sound like something that is not just ok, but good to do to someone.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Miyavifan (Offline)
I Support DBSK always...

06-03-2008, 05:43 PM

I was at first uncomfortable seeing it used... but I've figured that it is not meant as actual rape....

it's just my opinion, but since the people I've seen use it, I don't believe actually do it for real, in real life outside of the forum, then it doesn't bother me so much. not as it used to.

hide... always in my heart. I love you.... my pink spider....
My one wish is 2 meet Kyo. seriously.
R.I.P. Jasmine....
(#17 (permalink))
Old
clairebear (Offline)

06-03-2008, 06:00 PM

I dont mind seeing it used at all. I've heard it being used on comedy TV shows and stuff. And I've used it a lot. Joking about raping a Jrocker or something doesnt mean we're saying "oh, rape is fine!"...

I dont hang out in the music section as much as I used to, so I dont use it as often.
If there was a person on here who was a victim of rape and requested us to stop using it because they genuinely were offended, then we would stop...
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

06-03-2008, 06:00 PM

The whole point here is that it's a word that shouldn't be sued so lightly, or in a joking manner. It's not about people going out and actually doing it or not. It's pretty much a given that all the "kids" on this forum tossing the word around aren't really going to do it.

The fact is though, it's not a fucking joke. So stop treating it like one.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Miyavifan (Offline)
I Support DBSK always...

06-03-2008, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairebear View Post
I dont mind seeing it used at all. I've heard it being used on comedy TV shows and stuff. And I've used it a lot. Joking about raping a Jrocker or something doesnt mean we're saying "oh, rape is fine!"...

I dont hang out in the music section as much as I used to, so I dont use it as often.
If there was a person on here who was a victim of rape and requested us to stop using it because they genuinely were offended, then we would stop...
That's my thought, too.

also.. I only minded at first... mkay? It's not such a big thing, with the context in which it's used, anymore.

But yeah... if someone did that, I would stop. definitely.

hide... always in my heart. I love you.... my pink spider....
My one wish is 2 meet Kyo. seriously.
R.I.P. Jasmine....
(#20 (permalink))
Old
clairebear (Offline)

06-03-2008, 06:05 PM

And do people not mind joking about murder?

"If you ______ I'll kill you! xD" stuff like that.
I never hear anyone complain about that.
Closed Thread