Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
EveV (Offline)
Flee from hate.

Send a message via MSN to EveV Send a message via Yahoo to EveV
The topic of Rape - 06-01-2008, 10:43 PM

Now. I know most of you are aware of what I'm typing about.
Misusing the word rape

This is the definition of rape.
1. Assault sexually; force to have sex.

2. Destroy and strip of its possession; "The soldiers raped the beautiful country".

Real Examples of definition One :
Boys record rape 10yo girl on mobile - Top Stories - Australian News Message Boards

YouTube - children forced into prostitution

Clip of mother being gang-raped posted on YouTube | NEWS.com.au

SAN FRANCISCO / Former inmates tell horror stories of rape / Bipartisan commission gathering testimony to draft federal rules

BBC NEWS | Americas | Survivors reveal Superdome horror

Sexual Assault, Rape Survivor Stories-Escaping Hades: A Rape, Sexual Assault Survivors Site

I wanted to bring these to you guys attention.
This crap, " -Rapes [ Insert name ]"
and " I wanna rape [ Insert name ]"
Is off the edge.
Do you people have any idea what you're " casually" making fun of?
THOSE EXAMPLES ABOVE.
Oh How hilarious.

This needs to stop.
We need a rule and we need it to be put into action.
That is all.

"The sky is cryin...
Can't you see the tears roll down the street?"
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

Last edited by EveV : 06-01-2008 at 10:46 PM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
Thumbs up Rape is not a joke - 06-02-2008, 03:21 AM

I am in absolute agreement with you on this Eve!

I find this misuse of the word rape that is so prevalent on this forum far more obscene than even the occasional profanity that slips in.

Rape is an extreme serious subject and regardless of where this disgusting trend started, it needs to end here, now!

This is not a matter of cultural or generational difference, this is blatant disregard for the violation of the sensibilities of those who know rape for the violent and viscious violation of a person that it is.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
duron (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to duron Send a message via Yahoo to duron
06-02-2008, 03:38 AM

..doesn't the forum have a "word" filter? most of the users here are youngsters & some of the words or language their using is sometimes out of their comprehension, coz some sez it's Cool to use the Word! duhhh.....
(#4 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)

06-02-2008, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duron View Post
..doesn't the forum have a "word" filter? most of the users here are youngsters & some of the words or language their using is sometimes out of their comprehension, coz some sez it's Cool to use the Word! duhhh.....
The filter mentioned in the FAQ is not on. I asked.

While you are right about some posters not realizing their usage of some words is way off base, this is not the case with the posts Eve and I are referring to. According to the poster's profiles many of them are more than old enough to know exactly what they are saying. Nor is it a matter of English not being their native language in most cases.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
06-02-2008, 03:56 PM

I second Eve's suggestion. I know it's all in good fun blah blah blah, but maybe it is time they realize there're certain things that cannot be made fun of, rape being a very clear example.

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Picture2Perfect (Offline)
JF Regular

06-02-2008, 09:44 PM

I too agree with you eve, back you 100% misuse of this word should never take place.

"You don't take a photograph, you make it."
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Slykaz1 (Offline)
Tengoku!

Send a message via MSN to Slykaz1 Send a message via Yahoo to Slykaz1
06-02-2008, 09:57 PM

This reminds me of the time when they were using the word "Thrust" in the roleplay area.

Yes it is a word that obviously needs to be x-nayed.....but the problem is that people might use the word one way or another....It's like saying you can't say shit....or fuck...and ass. And if you were to use the filter. When people try to make a point using those words, well sometimes it doesn't make sense. And besides even if there are underaged here, you can't really stop people from using the words, they're used anywhere in the world.

I suggest that those who don't like it when they see it....tell that person to refrain from using it. We'd be helping the mods in a way....I doubt they read thru hundreds of threads just to see who wrote the "rapes so and so".

It's a good idea, but we need to pitch in our help as well.

Property of Eiri & Pexster
Virtual Boyfriend...Hyakushi in *Indian suit*

Eiri - 41 : Rojjin -43 : Sly - 121 : Yuna7780 - 57 : reihino - 14 : Crani - 22 : Ramones1976 - 0 : AnimeBaby112 - 3 : Arikado - 1 : KikiBunny23 - 3 : Pexter -0
(#8 (permalink))
Old
koaku (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-02-2008, 09:59 PM

Im not agree cuz doin' a "rules" for not using a word....ok I never use the "rapes" word here but its not that.
We already have an Etiquette & Rules Topic + We are in a forum ..ok there are a lot of young boy&girl (young=11-14 yrs old) but most of the people here know what they are sayin' here so Your idea is great but we just have to apply the rules..(Respect each other,etc..). and dont forgot that a forum is a place to exchange and have fun, like be outside and having fun with friendz = Respect,Peace,Fun...

I Honestly, seriously and truly.....don't care about U
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Oren (Offline)
glad to be back

Send a message via Yahoo to Oren
06-02-2008, 11:18 PM

I agree with EveV. Words are misused and abused so often. Like how many people say "I love you" so often and don't really mean it?
I love my car, I love my pen, I love this song, etc.
Some words just hold more affect than others do when said out of context.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)

06-03-2008, 03:26 AM

Perhaps rather than filters and the rule that are being ignore we could try another tactic.

Maybe if our most judicial moderator would email those doing this and recommend they read this thread, it might get them to re-examine their use of "rape". I am sure it would set better than if we all went to them and objected or if rules were announced. That might backfire with it being used even more in defiance.
Closed Thread