JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Site Suggestions (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/site-suggestions/)
-   -   hiding spoilers (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/site-suggestions/21173-hiding-spoilers.html)

Miyavifan 11-28-2008 12:32 AM

hiding spoilers

I think there should be a way to hide any spoilers or possible spoilers people post, as one of the options when they create their post.

What do you all think?

Salvanas 11-28-2008 12:47 AM

Spoilers?

What do you mean?

Miyavifan 11-28-2008 12:59 AM

things that spoil things for others. like if it's something they haven't yet seen or heard.

Salvanas 11-28-2008 11:05 AM

How can you hide spoilers?

I don't think that's even possible.

xYinniex 11-28-2008 11:48 AM

what is the point though, maybe its me, but when i hear the word spoiler, i just want to look at it. reverse psychology y'know. XD

Kyoiism 11-28-2008 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xYinniex (Post 634932)
what is the point though, maybe its me, but when i hear the word spoiler, i just want to look at it. reverse psychology y'know. XD

Same here. Lol.

Miyavifan 11-29-2008 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salvanas (Post 634914)
How can you hide spoilers?

I don't think that's even possible.

It is. A TH forum I'm at has that option.

amuchan 12-01-2008 08:20 PM

Ohhh yes I seen then done before. There is a option button at the top and you highlight the spoiler words and then click the button that says spoiler. Your words go in codes and when you post it, people have the option to view the spoiler or not.

I think it is a good idea to have. And there are a lot of posts in the threads so a lot of times I don't skim and read one person's post after another and then I read the spoiler by accident : S

SephirothVVC 12-01-2008 08:23 PM

she is talking about the spoiler hider like ones on webpages that hide "ending of stories or "passwords"

Miyavifan 12-02-2008 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amuchan (Post 636747)
Ohhh yes I seen then done before. There is a option button at the top and you highlight the spoiler words and then click the button that says spoiler. Your words go in codes and when you post it, people have the option to view the spoiler or not.

I think it is a good idea to have. And there are a lot of posts in the threads so a lot of times I don't skim and read one person's post after another and then I read the spoiler by accident : S

This is the exact thing I'm talking about. Thank you. :)

I end up doing the same thing. It's frustrating to say the least.

CarleyGee 12-02-2008 01:55 AM

I think it will be helpful.
I spent nearly thrity minutes once searching all over for a spoiler button.
:/ Unfortunately there wasn't one, so I had no way of hiding the content.

Unless I wanted to color it white, which seems reasonable... I guess.

Miyavifan 12-02-2008 02:02 AM

White is actually pretty visible. a shade of gray is the closest you will be able to get... but even that is still somewhat visible.

CarleyGee 12-02-2008 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miyavifan (Post 636952)
White is actually pretty visible. a shade of gray is the closest you will be able to get... but even that is still somewhat visible.

That's just what it said in the Rules for the forum.
I'm guessing because the background of the text is white? :confused:

Miyavifan 12-02-2008 02:19 AM

Hmm. I'll have to look at the rules. I seem to remember something about that for the new rules.

It's not really white.

see? white text

PockyMePink 12-16-2008 01:32 AM

ooooh, Spoiler tags would help big time in the anime & manga part of the forum *nod nod*

Miyavifan 12-16-2008 03:52 AM

I think so too.

SHAD0W 12-19-2008 01:35 PM

It means like

I HAVE A HUGE *spoiler*

and when you click spoiler, the acronym HDTV is unveiled.

Inari 01-02-2009 03:47 AM

In another forum Im a member of you can type
[spoiler][/spoiler]
it would be super helpful for a lot of people on here, it seems...

Gwen_Goth 01-02-2009 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inari (Post 656191)
In another forum Im a member of you can type
[spoiler][/spoiler]
it would be super helpful for a lot of people on here, it seems...

its also a really good way to hide huge images; saves on load times, esp for those on slower connections (i know some people on here are still on dial up :eek: eek )

Miyavifan 01-02-2009 11:32 PM

Hopefully it can be implemented.

MissMisa 01-03-2009 09:33 AM

It's really not hard to put it in at all, I implemented it in my forum and it took all of 2 seconds. But again only the admin can do it.

I think it depends on your monitor colour, I cannot see white spoiler tags while others can. You know like this:

Quote:

SPOILER HERE - SPOILER HERE -SPOILER HERE -SPOILER HERE -SPOILER HERE -SPOILER HERE -SPOILER HERE -SPOILER HERE -SPOILER HERE -SPOILER HERE -SPOILER HERE -SPOILER HERE -SPOILER HERE -SPOILER HERE -SPOILER HERE -SPOILER HERE -SPOILER HERE -SPOILER HERE -SPOILER HERE -SPOILER HERE -SPOILER HERE
I can't see that but others can.

iPhantom 01-03-2009 02:38 PM

Here Better Spoiler bb code - vBulletin.org Forum

vBulletin has the largest modification database compared to all other forum software. You can spend weeks there finding tons of things and there are plenty of them which are useful for JF.

Aniki 01-03-2009 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iPhantom (Post 657205)
Here
vBulletin has the largest modification database compared to all other forum software. You can spend weeks there finding tons of things and there are plenty of them which are useful for JF.

Yeah, I noticed when I was browsing their forum.
But right now all we need is admin who we don't have right now.

Miyavifan 01-03-2009 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMisa (Post 657141)
It's really not hard to put it in at all, I implemented it in my forum and it took all of 2 seconds. But again only the admin can do it.

I think it depends on your monitor colour, I cannot see white spoiler tags while others can. You know like this:

I can't see that but others can.

I can barely see that. It must depend on monitor color.

@ aniki....

we must have an administrator, else how would this forum exist? :confused:

Kinsora 01-03-2009 06:48 PM

hmm. *nod nod* that would be excellent, as considering how i found out that in fruits basket, ***** *** **** ********** *** ******* ** *** *****. All from reading a stupid post on a forum, with no spoiler hidings.

Miyavifan 01-03-2009 07:37 PM

That would so frustrate me.

Excessum 01-04-2009 06:43 PM

[SPOILER] The hero dies in the end[/SPOILER]

Or the Misa way:

Quote:

The hero dies in the end
:mtongue:

Miyavifan 01-04-2009 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excessum (Post 658206)
[SPOILER] The hero dies in the end[/SPOILER]

Or the Misa way:

:mtongue:

Misa's works better. less visible. for some reason the color is lighter there.

iPhantom 01-04-2009 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miyavifan (Post 658260)
Misa's works better. less visible. for some reason the color is lighter there.

Because of the contrast.

Miyavifan 01-04-2009 09:21 PM

ah..... ok

SaintKat 05-03-2009 07:25 PM

Oops, made a thread about this without seeing this post until the morning.

Yeah I'm used to tags [sp] [/sp] and then they have to highlight to read it. Since the admin isn't available maybe the OP can just add a ** SPOILER ** to the title though so they can keep on discussing the topic but others are pre-warned. After all I don't want to kill forum activity, just avoid finding out stuff before I get around to it.
:D