JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

Official roleplaying. - 12-09-2008, 09:49 PM

I know there are some roleplaying threads in the creative forums, and I'm sure like some other people on the forum, I can't be the only roleplayer who dislikes them because they are... well... bad.

I want to make a roleplaying thread, but I'm just afraid that it'll disappear under all the other parts of the section. Is there anyway we could have a sub section just for roleplaying. If we can, I'm sure many people would actually join JF to Rp as well as enjoy all our other parts.

Because, although there are many RPing guilds and forums out there, I'm almost positive there are many people here who can use their creative minds to take part and have fun in these roleplays.

Let me give you a small idea of what I have in mind. I was thinking of three types of RP. Beginners, Casual, and Advanced. Beginners are for people who are not 100% sure of how RPing works, but are interested and can start off with many other beginners in there.

Casual are RPs that are abit more structured and are more fun. For the people who enjoy just small RPing. There are still rules ofcourse.

Then you have Advanced, which is where I'll mostly be. It'll be for the people who can create and expand a universe with proper structured writing and sentences. This is a place for the more literate people.

What do you think?

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Eiri (Offline)
Random lost person

Send a message via Yahoo to Eiri
12-09-2008, 10:03 PM

I think it be a great idea to have all the RP's in one place, as for making different sections for beginners, and the more expirianced, well your still gonna end up with ppl doing whatever they want and posting everywhere

My Property:Pexster, Slykaz1

If the ocean was vodka and i was a duck,
i would go to the bottom and drink my way up
but the ocean isn't vodka and i'm no duck
so pass up the bottle and shut the hell up!

Score: Eiri: 43 Slykaz1: 78Rojjin: 59 Yuna7780: 79 reihino:15 Crani:22 Ramones1976:0 AnimeBaby:3 Arikado:1 Kikibunny23:3
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

12-09-2008, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiri View Post
I think it be a great idea to have all the RP's in one place, as for making different sections for beginners, and the more expirianced, well your still gonna end up with ppl doing whatever they want and posting everywhere

You'd moderate that. If there are beginners threads in the Advanced forum, it'll be moved or deleted.

IF beginners try to use the advanced, the advanced people don't RP with them.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
Slykaz1 (Offline)
Tengoku!

Send a message via MSN to Slykaz1 Send a message via Yahoo to Slykaz1
12-09-2008, 10:19 PM

Jeez I know what you mean.....

too many people are one liners.....

And asterick players...

bah!

Property of Eiri & Pexster
Virtual Boyfriend...Hyakushi in *Indian suit*

Eiri - 41 : Rojjin -43 : Sly - 121 : Yuna7780 - 57 : reihino - 14 : Crani - 22 : Ramones1976 - 0 : AnimeBaby112 - 3 : Arikado - 1 : KikiBunny23 - 3 : Pexter -0
(#5 (permalink))
Old
ThirdSight (Offline)
Bane of Stupidity

Send a message via AIM to ThirdSight
12-10-2008, 01:10 AM

And make it relevant by RP-ing Japanese or American people, depending on your own ethnicity?

JF just doesn't strike me as the cool place to go to if you like to RP. There's other places for that kind of thing, that specialize in that kind of thing. Gaia is such a place, and there's most likely a few others swimming around the Internet.

Of course, I'm not too big a fan of RP-ing in general, but that's just me.

-M@

How in the world do people reach 1,000+ posts?

Skadoosh.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Eiri (Offline)
Random lost person

Send a message via Yahoo to Eiri
12-10-2008, 01:52 AM

gaia is a train wreck that went bad, the only thing "good" on that site is Zomg, keeps me busy

My Property:Pexster, Slykaz1

If the ocean was vodka and i was a duck,
i would go to the bottom and drink my way up
but the ocean isn't vodka and i'm no duck
so pass up the bottle and shut the hell up!

Score: Eiri: 43 Slykaz1: 78Rojjin: 59 Yuna7780: 79 reihino:15 Crani:22 Ramones1976:0 AnimeBaby:3 Arikado:1 Kikibunny23:3
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

12-10-2008, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdSight View Post
And make it relevant by RP-ing Japanese or American people, depending on your own ethnicity?

JF just doesn't strike me as the cool place to go to if you like to RP. There's other places for that kind of thing, that specialize in that kind of thing. Gaia is such a place, and there's most likely a few others swimming around the Internet.

Of course, I'm not too big a fan of RP-ing in general, but that's just me.

There are many places. But the problem with those places are either they're not very active, or like gaia, they're filled with dicks.

If we can get a small RPing community on this forum, we can also attract more people to it. Causing it to grow in size and popularity.

(#8 (permalink))
Old
Slykaz1 (Offline)
Tengoku!

Send a message via MSN to Slykaz1 Send a message via Yahoo to Slykaz1
12-10-2008, 03:28 PM

Quote:
So your saying if your white you can't be black if your tall you can't be short? That makes no sense. Being creative is being able to create an expansion of just about anything. like a watch on his wrist that could do everything but tell time. or an alien with the ability to turn into furniture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiri View Post
gaia is a train wreck that went bad, the only thing "good" on that site is Zomg, keeps me busy
So that's why you can't play Hollow....I will hunt you down!

Property of Eiri & Pexster
Virtual Boyfriend...Hyakushi in *Indian suit*

Eiri - 41 : Rojjin -43 : Sly - 121 : Yuna7780 - 57 : reihino - 14 : Crani - 22 : Ramones1976 - 0 : AnimeBaby112 - 3 : Arikado - 1 : KikiBunny23 - 3 : Pexter -0
(#9 (permalink))
Old
ThirdSight (Offline)
Bane of Stupidity

Send a message via AIM to ThirdSight
12-10-2008, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slykaz1 View Post
So your saying if your white you can't be black if your tall you can't be short? That makes no sense. Being creative is being able to create an expansion of just about anything. like a watch on his wrist that could do everything but tell time. or an alien with the ability to turn into furniture.
You misunderstand two things. First, is that I just don't see how you could make a RP relevant to Japanese-Western culture unless you're RP-ing something you're unfamilliar with (the whole point to RP in the first place).

Second, I was being sarcastic. There's now way that I'd let something as miniscule as RP bother me that much; I'm just trying to do a funny.

-M@

How in the world do people reach 1,000+ posts?

Skadoosh.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

12-10-2008, 06:10 PM

Quote:
You misunderstand two things. First, is that I just don't see how you could make a RP relevant to Japanese-Western culture unless you're RP-ing something you're unfamilliar with (the whole point to RP in the first place).

Second, I was being sarcastic. There's now way that I'd let something as miniscule as RP bother me that much; I'm just trying to do a funny.
I'm not talking about RP that's about Western - Japanese cultures. IT can be anything. Fantasy, realist, future.