JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
GENERAL (Offline)
New to JF

special colors for moderators - 12-14-2008, 02:18 PM

i suggest special color for moderators .. as all mebers ble color .. you can make moderator red fo example
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

12-14-2008, 03:19 PM

This should have been done a long time ago. To be honest the only reason I can think not to is twofold. Whoever didn't want people to treat mods differently... which fails anyways because people find out and treat mods differently anyway. The second being the admin didn't know how, or was too lazy to find out how. Anyway do this:

Go into the admincp and go to the usergroup manager.
Go to edit the usergroup that is moderators. I'm going to assume labeled moderators.
In the left side of the Username HTML Markup copy and past this:

<font color="green">

change the colour to whatever, or google the hex codes for more complex colours. The default colours are just the same names that show up when you use the BB font colour code when making posts.

In the right side of the Username HTML Markup copy and past this:

</font>

Scroll all the way down and click "Update"

Who would have thought it's just that easy! You can obviously add different HTML code to alter the name in different ways. <b> </b> for bold, <i> </i> for italics, etc.

Doubt it will happen. Anyone with admincp access on this board doesn't seem to want to do anything.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Excessum (Offline)
Way too serious

Send a message via MSN to Excessum Send a message via Skype™ to Excessum
12-14-2008, 08:19 PM

I don't really see the purpose of this... the fact that one is a moderator, does not mean he is not a member on the forums anymore. If a moderator wants to bring the readers attention to something he has written, he can easily highlight the text, or make it bold. Other than that, i really don't need my regular posts to be regarded to any differently than those of other members.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

12-14-2008, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excessum View Post
I don't really see the purpose of this... the fact that one is a moderator, does not mean he is not a member on the forums anymore. If a moderator wants to bring the readers attention to something he has written, he can easily highlight the text, or make it bold. Other than that, i really don't need my regular posts to be regarded to any differently than those of other members.
Example: Mod gives friendly warning in a topic. Now without someone knowing you're a moderator they could, and likely would think that you're just trying to be a mod when you're not - personal preference doesn't go far in the internet. If you name was say... in green and you have "moderator" under your name then that would immediately tell the person it's not just personal preference and to knock it off.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Excessum (Offline)
Way too serious

Send a message via MSN to Excessum Send a message via Skype™ to Excessum
12-14-2008, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
Example: Mod gives friendly warning in a topic. Now without someone knowing you're a moderator they could, and likely would think that you're just trying to be a mod when you're not - personal preference doesn't go far in the internet. If you name was say... in green and you have "moderator" under your name then that would immediately tell the person it's not just personal preference and to knock it off.
So, you think that if i wrote...

Stop the spamming and get back on the bloody topic, or i will not only close this thread, but also ban your sorry a$$es!

... that would be ignored? Hmm...

(#6 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

12-14-2008, 08:51 PM

Maybe not, but it doesn't show you're a mod either. It just shows you like to yell and make threats.

Moderators are perfectly capable of being a normal poster. As long as you can still act like a regular member then people will treat you like a regular member. Regardless of what colour your name is, or what your title says.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
(#7 (permalink))
Old
ThirdSight (Offline)
Bane of Stupidity

Send a message via AIM to ThirdSight
12-14-2008, 09:11 PM

No real need for this. Two reasons.

First, as Excessum has said, telling a thread to stay on topic or to stop flaming for example is a showing of Mod status. Anyone who doubts that may not know how how forums generally work.

Secondly, there's a rather large post (or there was a rather large post) on the JF home page announcing the new Mods. Besides, those that have been around since even a bit beforehand would notice.

Thirdly, the Mods here have usually made a habit of sending out PM's to those causing a bit of a rukus, so you wouldn't need any sort of differentiation to tell that a Mod is telling you to keep the noise down.

Not really needed in my opinion.

-M@

How in the world do people reach 1,000+ posts?

Skadoosh.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
CarleyGee (Offline)
staring at awkward legs

Send a message via AIM to CarleyGee Send a message via MSN to CarleyGee
12-14-2008, 11:00 PM

I've seen this on other forums, though I don't think it is required.
If you want to change your font, it's an option for a reason.

Help my Cause for homeless teens!
http://www.socialvibe.com/CarleyGee

R.I.P Johnny
3-31-09

http://www.formspring.me/CarleyRenee17
Ask me any question
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Miyavifan (Offline)
I Support DBSK always...

12-15-2008, 12:21 AM

I think not everyone is understanding.

It's about the color of mods names being changed, not the color of text in posts by moderators.

hide... always in my heart. I love you.... my pink spider....
My one wish is 2 meet Kyo. seriously.
R.I.P. Jasmine....
(#10 (permalink))
Old
CarleyGee (Offline)
staring at awkward legs

Send a message via AIM to CarleyGee Send a message via MSN to CarleyGee
12-15-2008, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyavifan View Post
I think not everyone is understanding.

It's about the color of mods names being changed, not the color of text in posts by moderators.
Oh , well that would be okay.
It would be nice to have a little distinction between moderators
and just regular JF users. It wouldn't have made much sense to
do it with the text, but It sounds better with the names.

Help my Cause for homeless teens!
http://www.socialvibe.com/CarleyGee

R.I.P Johnny
3-31-09

http://www.formspring.me/CarleyRenee17
Ask me any question