JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
12-27-2008, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
Don't always? I'd say never read the rules.

But seriously, JF REALLY needs an update. And what really annoys me, is that we have 3 admins and neither of them cares about this place anymore.
Doesn't an update cost $$$? If I remember well, and I've worked with vBulletin a lot, this should be vBulletin 3.6.8 PL2... the last stable version of 3.6.x series.

If the admin updates to 3.7.x we would have social profiles ;p...

I don't remember if the update costs or not.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

12-27-2008, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
Doesn't an update cost $$$? If I remember well, and I've worked with vBulletin a lot, this should be vBulletin 3.6.8 PL2... the last stable version of 3.6.x series.

If the admin updates to 3.7.x we would have social profiles ;p...

I don't remember if the update costs or not.

I've done some checking in those links you posted in the your previous post. From I've found there, updates DO cost. It cost 30$/year for all the updates and support.
Also I found this in vBulletin forum:
Quote:
vBulletin 3.6.X will reach end of life tomorrow on October 31st, 2008. After this time there will be no more bug fixes on the 3.6.X series and support for the software will be limited. We will continue to release any security patches as needed until vBulletin 4.0 is released. At that time all support for 3.6.X will cease.

It is our recommendation that all customers still using 3.6.X upgrade to the latest version of vBulletin as soon as possible. This will not only give you the most secure and feature-rich version of the software but a continued support and upgrade path for your communities

Dammit! That means those bugs will never get fixed here.

Why in the hell do we have the Site Suggestions forum here if nobody gonna lift a finger in making this place better.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Gwen_Goth (Offline)
addict

01-02-2009, 11:36 PM

3 admins?

when did that happen? last i heard it was only Eki...

but besides that, who do you think pays for the forum; we should just be thankful that he/she/deity does at all *worships*

anyway, in regards to the nubs; best to ignore the new threads (is easier for us mods to delete them) and let us directs them to the rules; if you must say something just a friendly welcome and a link to the rules/ etiquette is enough to help

-~Moddess ~-

▲ ▲
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

01-03-2009, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwen_Goth View Post
3 admins?
when did that happen? last i heard it was only Eki...
You didn't know that?
Shinjuku is the only who still shows up (can't say the same thing about the other two), that's why he's the only admin known to everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwen_Goth View Post
but besides that, who do you think pays for the forum; we should just be thankful that he/she/deity does at all *worships*
I'm guessing that they just bought the vBulletin licence, so I don't think they're still paying for the furom.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
01-03-2009, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
I'm guessing that they just bought the vBulletin licence, so I don't think they're still paying for the furom.
Unless they have a home server or anything else, they could be paying for a dedicated server online. Or they might have set to automatically be paid to ease the hassle.

I'm not sure if they really come here... it's only mods that I see. They're not really meant to come here but hey, once in a time to upgrade or add something new, that's what everyone would like.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
shojogirl (Offline)
New to JF

01-25-2009, 04:49 PM

you people are rude! newbs can post wat they want! there are no rules! i HATE people like you! wonder why theres only 2 pages of this crap!

in the box above, i joke around alot. don't take everything i say seriosly. sorry for the inconvinience

Vampire Night rules!
(#17 (permalink))
Old
HinataUchiha (Offline)
is so lonely

01-25-2009, 05:28 PM

Hey, dummy, there ARE rules here! some people waste our time and forum space with their insignificant threads. don't start a new thread for the first thing that pops into your head. there's most likely already a thread somewhere for it anyway. instead of creating new ones, try looking at the ones already there.

Perv Dance
1 2 3 step step jump step step grope step step touch step step kiss and *SLap!!!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
(#18 (permalink))
Old
ThirdSight (Offline)
Bane of Stupidity

Send a message via AIM to ThirdSight
01-25-2009, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinataUchiha View Post
Hey, dummy, there ARE rules here!
This is so cool.

Internet High Five.

-M@

How in the world do people reach 1,000+ posts?

Skadoosh.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
HinataUchiha (Offline)
is so lonely

01-26-2009, 05:49 PM

heck yeah

Perv Dance
1 2 3 step step jump step step grope step step touch step step kiss and *SLap!!!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
(#20 (permalink))
Old
XKira (Offline)
New to JF

01-26-2009, 06:56 PM

I'm new here but I'm not much for making threads in all, I just read what's already posted and if I feel like it I'll post to that, but there is a lot of eh...crappie threads that I'm not even sure of what I'm reading or if there is a point. I suppose this goes off topic but where are the "older people" It seems most of the threads are occupied by minors?