JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Do the mods suck teh pen0r?
Yes 6 35.29%
No 11 64.71%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
koaku (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-23-2009, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post
Claire should be taken off as a mod cause she smells.
Agree ...

I Honestly, seriously and truly.....don't care about U
(#22 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
07-23-2009, 02:01 AM

The mod who closed Facer needs to be removed.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
07-23-2009, 03:02 AM

It appears I missed out on the grand fiasco with Quailboy and his thread...
But after a little bit of research I think I have figured out what happened, and will post it here too as I don`t know if everyone will bother to read it in the chat thread...

When there are problem posts in a thread - but the entire thread is not an issue - the mods usually choose to remove the problem posts. We do so by selecting the posts and entering the moderation menu.
Here on JF, instead of deleting posts we move them into a special area solely for the collection of spam/problems/removed posts/etc.
So we choose to "move" the posts and a new page with move options will appear. On this page, there is a drop down box with the destination forum, a box for the title of the new thread the posts will become, and an option for if you want to move the posts into an already existing thread (you paste the URL of that thread into the box).

In order to move posts, you HAVE to enter a title. We usually enter a pretty basic title about why we moved the posts to begin with "**** insulting people" "***** spamming in chat" "***** being annoying" etc

I am guessing that what happened in this is that a mod selected the posts, went to move them and either selected the wrong section to move them to, or forgot to change the dropdown to the correct area.

In other words, a complete and total accident. No one wanted to bash QB. No one posted a new thread from in his account (we couldn`t even if we wanted to - mods have no access to user accounts). It was a pure accident due to a mistake in a choice in the menu.
The title is something that really has pretty much nothing to do with QB personally - it is the same for pretty much ANY user that has posts moved. A short and quick listing on what caused them to be moved or just something to fill in the necessary space to move the posts.

I do not know which mod moved the posts, and there is no way to check. But it doesn`t really matter as it`s something that has happened to all of us at some point and I can be pretty sure there was no malicious intent.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.

Last edited by Nyororin : 07-23-2009 at 03:05 AM.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

07-23-2009, 03:06 PM

I could find something to complain about, almost every mod here, even Nyororin and MMM aren't perfect, but I don't find any good reason why we need more. And we already have more than enough to, at least, keep the place clean from spam.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
nobora (Offline)
Fan Ichigou

07-24-2009, 04:51 AM

Alot of mods show up and keep this place running fine but their are some that have just dissapeared 0.o .......
(#26 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
07-24-2009, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobora View Post
Alot of mods show up and keep this place running fine but their are some that have just dissapeared 0.o .......
They went to get a life.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#27 (permalink))
Old
nobora (Offline)
Fan Ichigou

07-24-2009, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
They went to get a life.
LOL that would explain things
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

07-25-2009, 01:44 AM

Do we really need to keep this thread going?

We are all aware by now (well most of us are) that Quailboy made this thread out of aggravation, due to the mishap with his posts.

No need to keep going on it I say.

If you think otherwise feel free to PM me.

[Closed]
Closed Thread