JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Site Suggestions (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/site-suggestions/)
-   -   Define sexism. (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/site-suggestions/27133-define-sexism.html)

darksyndrem 08-14-2009 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quailboy (Post 760746)
Right

I take being called an asshole or a dick as a compliment depending on who is saying it..no joke ^_^

True, me and you do that to each other all the time!! w00tz!!!
+1 for jokes

Quailboy 08-14-2009 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darksyndrem (Post 760753)
True, me and you do that to each other all the time!! w00tz!!!
+1 for jokes

Its more like +1 for non-seriousness for most places on the internet >_<

Seanus 08-15-2009 01:41 PM

Sexism would involve the singling out of one gender at the expense of the other. Sexism really has no place in modern times. We can make of ourselves what we wish within certain confines.

Sexism is where blanket statements are made, e.g all women should be in the kitchen. Such nonsense should be stamped out where found.

mercedesjin 08-15-2009 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seanus (Post 761379)
Sexism would involve the singling out of one gender at the expense of the other. Sexism really has no place in modern times. We can make of ourselves what we wish within certain confines.

Sexism is where blanket statements are made, e.g all women should be in the kitchen. Such nonsense should be stamped out where found.

See, that's what I thought also. But it seems that there are people - not only on JapanForum - but people in real life who actually live by this philosophy. This is a way of life for a lot of people. To us, it's a sexist lifestyle. To others, it's just the way things are. It's kind of mind boggling to me.

dirtyroboto 08-15-2009 02:16 PM

OMG! Mercedesjin, you are not only insecure about your race but now I see you have the same mentality about your sex.

Sexism.
F.
Whores not allowed.
M.
Jaffa's not allowed.

bELyVIS 08-15-2009 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtyroboto (Post 761394)
OMG! Mercedesjin, you are not only insecure about your race but now I see you have the same mentality about your sex.

You are very smart Dirtyroboto. I've addressed this on her other threads and ended up being accused of being sexist and racist.
Mercedesjin, why don't you stick to Japanese discussions? And no, don't start a Japanese sexism thread.

Seanus 08-15-2009 02:31 PM

Mercedesjin, you are right but remember, we can change the way things are. Look at how things have been changed, e.g Communism fell here in Poland, women got the right to vote in the face of mass chauvinism and a black man got to be President of the USA.

I have heard fewer and fewer men say that a woman's place is in the home. Women have become more upwardly mobile and career-oriented. The man is to help in most ways that he can. If men say it, they often say it jokingly in amongst other men but not to their significant other.

dirtyroboto 08-15-2009 03:08 PM

(me being sexist)

A woman is just a man without a c0ck!

Seanus 08-15-2009 03:10 PM

Not everyone has man boobs, you know? Forgot about those? ;) ;)