JapanForum.com  

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Seanus (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-21-2009, 08:23 AM

Just out of interest, what is the length of a standard ban here? I ask because I was a member of another forum and felt the bans to be rather weak. They should serve as a deterrent and not just be a slap on the wrist but that's just my opinion.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
08-21-2009, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyakushi View Post

Hahahaha you haven't been around here long have you?, I have had alot of bans but just talk to the Mod and apologies. Thats it.
It seems I've been twice as active as you and I never got a ban.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Seanus (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-21-2009, 10:39 AM

Well, good for you. Care to answer the question?
(#24 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
08-21-2009, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanus View Post
Well, good for you. Care to answer the question?
Depends on what you call a standart ban. Usually, bans are permanent... only special cases are with 1 day ban or 1 week ban.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Seanus (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-21-2009, 02:52 PM

Aha, wow, that's pretty heavy. Thanks for the info there, Phantom
(#26 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

08-21-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanus View Post
Aha, wow, that's pretty heavy. Thanks for the info there, Phantom
It's that way in most forums. Break the rules once and you get a warning. If you do it again... then a ban awaits you.

Now it comes to the mods to judge how much he broke the rule e.g. severe racism should be associated with permanent ban.

Also, if it's about active members like Tenchu mods usually discuss it further before removing a member that has contributed a lot to this community so far.

Quote:
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Seanus (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-21-2009, 05:24 PM

True enough. I just thought you phrased it that permanent bans were easy to get landed with but you clarified the position in the second part.

Permanent bans are harsh but often warranted.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

08-21-2009, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
Dude, you didn't even notice that comment until it was quoted by someone pages down the line! Why not just contact the mods and highlight this point?

You were very active in that thread, yet you didn't notice it until someone showed you(which also shows very clearly that you don't read peoples posts, and you just argue for the sake of it... a complaint I'm sure many people have against you), so how do you expect the mods to know about it?

Do you really think they have the time to read every post on this forum?
They need our help! Like you calling me an idiot for example, do you really think that they just choose to read your posts because you think you're such an erudite individual ? Someone told them, and it got sorted!

Also, in the future, when you highlight someones use of swear words, it might be a good idea to not use them yourself in the same post... It just looses its effect and makes you look like a hypocrit!
Nyororin already pointed out that the mods can't filter everything (something that I admit should be obvious if I had thought about it). But thanks for repeating her point while trying to get one up on me. Shows your maturity

(By the way... Hypocrite??? there is an obvious difference between my use of the word shit and Tenchu's use of the word fuck... but I'll let you figure that one out for yourself)

And it's irrelevant that I didn't catch it untill someone pointed it out. This thread is about mod consistency not about Tenchu. I'm not calling for his banning but as someone who was banned because people couldn't handle what I threw at them, it's sort of annoying when others display the same sort of behaviour.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

08-22-2009, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
This is blatant flaming by Tenchu.. (also a regular member who also fails to get along with most). I highlighted the "go fuck yourself" part because not only was I banned for similar behaviour against Belyvis... I was banned by (I think Clairebear maybe? or someone else) for these EXACT same words prior to that (except I had the courtesy to follow MMM's suggestion thread prior to that which appealed to the use of *'s to censor the fuck part)
I was talking about this, which you once again done in this last post... Stop trying to be a wise ass! You're not as smart as you think, and this internet ego of yours is pretty pathetic!
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
08-22-2009, 08:56 AM

*sigh*
This thread doesn`t need to turn into a flaming fest. I`m closing it, as I think the Ronin got the information he wanted about moderation policies.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
Closed Thread