JapanForum.com  

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Mod Consistency. - 08-19-2009, 05:24 AM

You guys do a good job for the most part. But how about some consistency?

I get banned for starting flame wars... yet certain members are not only allowed to get away with things that I'm not (cussing out other members for example)... they are allowed to post racist comments.

Either let me and other members get away with the same things or be consistent with your disciplinary procedures.

Thank you
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Luka14 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Luka14 Send a message via Yahoo to Luka14 Send a message via Skype™ to Luka14
08-19-2009, 08:43 AM

That doesn't necessarily mean it's mod's fault. Sometimes mod's rely on "good samaritans" who report faulty posts. Maybe you were just unlucky and got reported
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Hyakushi (Offline)
Ikaga desu ka!?

08-20-2009, 02:04 AM

Jeez . . . it seems like everyone on JF have been biotching lately now there is a thread about biotching. Amusing indeed.

Mods are doing an okay job, its the people that should know better. At least we all hoped that anyways.

I'm not racist . . . I hate everyone equally.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
08-20-2009, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyakushi View Post

Mods are doing an okay job, its the people that should know better. At least we all hoped that anyways.
Cancer. You'll have this attitude until you get a pointless ban.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

08-20-2009, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
until you get a pointless ban.

I don't mean to butt in here, but I feel I have to, I'm not sure what Ronin is speaking about, since I am unaware of what has happened as of late, but, no ban is pointless, if you do something that goes against the rules, and it is clearly noticed then you will receive a temporary ban. We act accordingly, if a user is banned it's because of something they did, we don't make things up, we never have.

We don't notice every single thing every member does (obviously) but a high poster, and long running user like Ronin, will mostly likely been seen quicker committing an act against the rules, opposed to other people.
Since he doesn't exactly get along with most people on here.

Finally: @ Ronin: We don't ALLOW them to say racist things/cussing. If it isn't brought to our attention and no one reports it, it is likely it will be overseen. If it is important to you, then you should be PMing mods with the details of these users, and not making a thread.

Last edited by Kanji_The_Wanderer : 08-20-2009 at 03:03 AM.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
08-20-2009, 03:06 AM

I actually felt like Quailboy's 1-2 day ban was pointless.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

08-20-2009, 03:13 AM

Quote:
I actually felt like Quailboy's 1-2 day ban was pointless.
Well, this is one ban I'd have to agree, was pretty pointless. I imagined you had meant bans that were multiple days at least, any one day ban is sort of pointless. I mean you aren't going to learn much by being blocked for 24 hours, which this post in a way sort of goes against my last one.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

08-20-2009, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
Well, this is one ban I'd have to agree, was pretty pointless. I imagined you had meant bans that were multiple days at least, any one day ban is sort of pointless. I mean you aren't going to learn much by being blocked for 24 hours, which this post in a way sort of goes against my last one.
It's not that I really cared for Duckboy. Just pointing out that people should not jump and say 'Mods are gods' while others might have had different experiences.

Quote:
(#9 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to darksyndrem
08-20-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:
It's not that I really cared for Duckboy. Just pointing out that people should not jump and say 'Mods are gods' while others might have had different experiences.
I love how you made sure you don't care about Aaron.....good cover
(#10 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

08-20-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksyndrem View Post
I love how you made sure you don't care about Aaron.....good cover
I don't.

10char

Quote:
Closed Thread