JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Site Suggestions (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/site-suggestions/)
-   -   parenting in japan (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/site-suggestions/3490-parenting-japan.html)

thozhi 04-05-2007 03:57 AM

parenting in japan

How about starting a parenting forum ...we can exchange parenting tips..pregnancy infos..baby/day care ..baby food..feeding..entertaining..etc..and gaigin parents can get some useful informations from japanese parents..it will be very helpful..please consider about this and are there anyone intrested in it???p/z reply

fathima

jasonbvr 04-06-2007 05:08 AM

Just go straight to Nyororin with your questions. She is probably the only one capable of answering such questions. Her thread is I Live in Japan, in the Living in Japan section.

Nyororin 04-06-2007 09:33 AM

Thanks.

I really don`t think there are any parents other than me on this board.
Making a parenting section would be a little bit pointless as no one would ever post there.

kitski 04-25-2007 11:36 AM

most of the members are 16-20 yrs old.so no kids yet.

yamashita 04-25-2007 01:20 PM

oh i m interested! i have many questions.
i love children!!!
how is it in japan? when do childs go into a kindergarden?
is it expencive to give them there? is it right that most modern japanese mothers don t work. do they only make everthing around house, kids and so on... how many children do you you have, nyororin?

ShinjukuEki 04-25-2007 02:17 PM

I think that some of you may be right that there may not be many parents on the forum yet, but I guess over time there will be more. I still think it sounds like a good idea to add a forum for parents/parenting in the "Going To Japan" section. We can always remove it later if no one decides to use it. Thanks for the suggestion!

kitski 04-25-2007 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShinjukuEki (Post 102232)
I think that some of you may be right that there may not be many parents on the forum yet, but I guess over time there will be more. I still think it sounds like a good idea to add a forum for parents/parenting in the "Going To Japan" section. We can always remove it later if no one decides to use it. Thanks for the suggestion!

lol.yup over the time there will be.:D after some time im going to have my kids.:D not in the near future but i plan never to leave here.so yeah add it.:vsign:

Nyororin 04-25-2007 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yamashita (Post 102166)
oh i m interested! i have many questions.
i love children!!!
how is it in japan? when do childs go into a kindergarden?
is it expencive to give them there? is it right that most modern japanese mothers don t work. do they only make everthing around house, kids and so on... how many children do you you have, nyororin?

It`s nice here.

Children often begin kindergarten at 3.
The price depends on the kindergarten. Elementary and middle school are generally free (public schools). You pay for the uniform and for lunch, etc, but that`s it.
Yes, most mothers actually stay home and take care of their own children. It is quite common to quit working either at marriage or when you have your first child.
I`m sorry, but I don`t know what you mean by "make everything". If you mean food, etc, yes, most mothers cook their own food.

I only have one child at this point.

yamashita 04-25-2007 03:55 PM

thanks for answering. :)
sounds good. but i think it would be unusual for me don t make a work after the child is in kindergarten.
yeah i meant housekeeping, foodmaking and stuff. sorry, sometimes i m not sure because of some words and then i start describing unknowable.
and do you have a boy or a girl? and how old is he/she?
can we see a picture?
:p

Nyororin 04-25-2007 04:05 PM

My son is 2 and a half.