LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

Weird Error, only me? - 01-05-2011, 01:21 PM

I've been getting this error recently:

Code:
503 Service Unavailable The server is temporarily busy, try again later! Powered By LiteSpeed Web Server LiteSpeed Technologies is not responsible for administration and contents of this web site!
it only happens on some pages of some threads, is it just me getting that? is it a known issue?

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
01-06-2011, 11:43 PM

It's working just fine for me. Never gotten this type of error. You using Chrome? Cause Chrome has issues with loading pages sometimes for reasons you could not possibly figure out by yourself. I was unable to get into a thread I'd made myself cause there was a "~" in the title and apparently Chrome can't handle a link that has this character in it. Try using another browser and see if there's something all these threads with which you get the error have in common.

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
01-07-2011, 07:08 AM

This kind of error usually happens when the server really is busy for some reason. Somehow I doubt that there is a dedicated server for this forum - it is probably split between multiple sites... One of which may have gotten a flood of traffic making it hard to get in... The database itself (containing threads and posts) may be on an entirely different server or split between a few, so it`s easy to explain the problems with specific threads.

As it is pretty clear the error is coming from the server, it has nothing to do with the browser. You were just unlucky and tried to access the site when the server was busy for some reason. It happens every once in a while.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

01-08-2011, 06:57 AM

It doesn't seem to have happened since that post, but it happened a dozen times or more before...

If it happens again I'll try to figure out a pattern of some sort to help out lol

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

10-30-2011, 01:37 PM

Sorry for posting here but I didn't want to start a new thread when the title of this one was perfectly suited.

Everytime I click on a thread that I have previously visited, the site takes me back to view an older post witin that thread rather than the most recent one.

Is anyone else getting this problem?

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#6 (permalink))
Old
kakurenbo (Offline)
New to JF

10-30-2011, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAD0W View Post
Sorry for posting here but I didn't want to start a new thread when the title of this one was perfectly suited.

Everytime I click on a thread that I have previously visited, the site takes me back to view an older post witin that thread rather than the most recent one.

Is anyone else getting this problem?
I am, I just assumed it was my browser.