LinkBack Thread Tools
(#51 (permalink))
Old
Elenwe (Offline)
JF Regular

02-16-2011, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
maybe you should educate yoursef re what the japanese did in the war. then come back and make an educated comment
Yes, I am well aware of that... as I've been endoctrined by my parents since birth to hate them as I'm Chinese (The rape of Nanking and other stuff in other Asian countries). They had the same type of ideology in China than the Germans had with Israeli people. I think I am the most qualifid person to voice my opinion on this. But I still don't believe that ordinary people who didn't commit such atrocities deserved the suffering. The Americans did the same thing to the black people... yet nobody seemed to think that they "deserve" such things.

Last edited by Elenwe : 02-16-2011 at 06:37 PM.
(#52 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
02-16-2011, 06:37 PM

Let me just step in here - this thread is starting to tread far off the topic at hand. It doesn`t need to become a debate over US military actions. That sort of thing can stay in the topics it leaked over from.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#53 (permalink))
Old
Elenwe (Offline)
JF Regular

02-16-2011, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
Let me just step in here - this thread is starting to tread far off the topic at hand. It doesn`t need to become a debate over US military actions. That sort of thing can stay in the topics it leaked over from.
Much agreed, but I had to respond to someone who addressed to me personally.
(#54 (permalink))
Old
xkmkmlmx (Offline)
JF Regular

02-16-2011, 07:41 PM

Boo hoo. You closed my thread! I should be allowed to say WHATEVER I WANT WHENEVER I WANT because I own the internet and Japan Forum!

Seriously, some honest discussion about unfair rules or thread closing is fine. But when you are trying to rip apart a mod or make accusations about said person and/or his bias, you should probably look for other places to post.

Not that I have ANY say in it whatsoever, but come on already.
(#55 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-16-2011, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
Like I explained in the thread from which I took the screen caps, the end does not justify the means. If you believe it was right for the US to do what they did because they were helping their allies then you'll have to agree that it'd be right for other Islamic countries to attack the US, because they bear a duty to their allies in times of conflict, and the US is a common enemy to all of them. Now, I would not approve of any other country declaring war to the US because of what they did to the Iraqui people, the same way I believe they US made the wrong call by getting in a war they could have stayed out of. That's the point I was trying to make and it's pretty obvious to me. That's why I fail to understand how you can just say it was their duty to help them though violent means, even if this seemed to be the only way to end a world war.
Yes, IF I had said the US was justified in bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki THEN your conclusions would be true. However I never said that (for the umpteenth time) so I would greatly appreciate it I you would discontinue the discussion as if I had.

EDIT: I posted this before I saw Nyororin's post. The discussion can go back to General Discussion here: Allies helping allies

Last edited by MMM : 02-16-2011 at 09:44 PM.
(#56 (permalink))
Old
protheus (Offline)
Arthur et Les Minimoys

Send a message via Yahoo to protheus
02-16-2011, 10:29 PM

Or the season is already over?

Reverse psychology, "dear Watson", reverse psychology.
"Manganese? Is that manga language?" - lol?
(#57 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-17-2011, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkmkmlmx View Post
Boo hoo. You closed my thread! I should be allowed to say WHATEVER I WANT WHENEVER I WANT because I own the internet and Japan Forum!

Seriously, some honest discussion about unfair rules or thread closing is fine. But when you are trying to rip apart a mod or make accusations about said person and/or his bias, you should probably look for other places to post.

Not that I have ANY say in it whatsoever, but come on already.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!