JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to darksyndrem
Grammar - 10-09-2009, 01:37 AM

We should seriously have a rule for (semi) correct grammar. Of course we have people from other countries that are speaking English as a second, third, or maybe even fourth language, so grammar can't be perfect (probably further from perfect from native speakers xP) but, I mean...people can at least spell the whole word out right? I'm tired of seeing text language on these forums.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, every forum that I've been a part of has rules on their grammar....

Last edited by darksyndrem : 10-09-2009 at 01:58 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
10-09-2009, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksyndrem View Post
We should seriously have a rule for (semi) correct grammar. Of course we have people from other countries that are speaking English as a second, third, or maybe even fourth language, so grammar can't be perfect (probably further from perfect from native speakers xP) but, I mean...people can at least spell the whole word out right? I'm tired of seeing text language on these forums.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, every forum that I've been a part of has rules on their grammar....

Honestly, some people are just too dumb to use proper grammar, get real Thomas.

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you

Last edited by Quailboy : 10-15-2009 at 06:18 AM.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to darksyndrem
10-09-2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quailboy View Post
fuCk dat shiet ni99a!

Honestly, some people are just too dumb to use proper grammar, get real Thomas.
They are no longer welcome here.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Mortry (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-09-2009, 05:45 PM

OMG, I Kn0w, txt l@ngu@93 is S00000 2007!
Just kidding, but I get your point
I can't understand why people actually write that way...
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Aquiella (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Aquiella Send a message via Skype™ to Aquiella
02-21-2011, 12:31 AM

I actually agree somewhat to his request. I know that there are people who don't know the correct wording and grammar because english isn't their native language, but overlooking it isn't helping them learn.

I think that there should be a rule, or at least an official suggestion in the rules section, that everybody please try to spell correctly and use correct grammar to the best of their abilities. If they are, and still mess up, I think it should be politely pointed out so that they don't make the same mistake again. It gets hard to read if the spelling/grammar is wrong.

Besides, these people are doing their best to learn english! I think we should try our best to help them out!

Just my opinion. Maybe it's just me inner Grammar Nazi. :/
~Aqua

If you'd like to add me in a messenger program, make sure to tell me who you are and where I'd know you from!
---
"If you can't take a joke, put a piece of duct tape over your mouth and keep your hands away from the keyboard." -Jateshi on DeviantArt.com
---
I Have a Tardis