JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Nippom (Offline)
regular

Fukushima sub-forum - 09-21-2011, 05:13 PM

Should JapanForum put all Fukushima radiation contamination threads into a completely separate sub-forum folder?

My thought is concern for those who come here to JP seeking a nice relaxing refuge from the daily grind.

While I myself have been the well-intentioned originator of some Fukushima rad threads, the unappreciative reactions and extreme degree of denial I seem to get from some very nice people is that the Fukushima nuclear melt-down puts them into a state of psychological shock.

I don't wish to ruin their day, and yet the nuclear disaster is something that cannot be ignored when the lives of those in the danger zone are imperiled.

My thought is that it might go a little more smoothly to create a sub-forum of the 'General Discussion' category where people can easily see it and make a decision if they want to 'go there' and stay informed--or just ignore it and drop in on General Discussion without having to deal with all the stress and shock of wading through all the Fukushima nuclear meltdown posts.

I'm reading more and more reports that the Fukushima radiation problem is getting worse and worse, and that the Japanese government and nuclear industry are actively covering it up and are even making it worse.

I just made a new post linking to a vid that they are trucking nuclear waste to all parts of Japan -including the southern areas- and burning the infernal stuff -creating radioactive aerosols- in order for those responsible to be able to deny medical liability claims later on by saying in effect that "...the radiation is everywhere, so no one can say it only comes from Fukushima." This is sheer madness, and yet the professor in the video lays it out very clearly that this is exactly what is going on.

Some people visiting JapanForum may appreciate keeping informed about this kind of thing, but I've had replies from those who most emphatically don't want to hear about it and determinedly question it's validity.

So every time I think of posting more about it, I end up thinking of the people who seem to react in pure shock.

I honestly don't want to wreck their visits to JapanForum. OTOH, Fukushima's rad-scene isn't exactly going away anytime soon and seems to be getting worse instead of better, and there may be those who would appreciate remaining informed in a timely and up-to-date manner.

So that's my question; does anyone think we need a sub-folder on all this or not?

Last edited by Nippom : 09-22-2011 at 02:36 PM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-22-2011, 11:44 AM

well I have also downloaded information about this-- but nobody seems remotely interested--

It actually is a very serious situation. There was a programme here in UK about it. Where are all the former inhabitants of the now restricted areas-- being sent? Are they getting governmental support?

Ps if there was a separate section it should be useful. everyone wants to pretend it never happened and it is nothing to do with them.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Nippom (Offline)
regular

09-22-2011, 03:01 PM

That's it exactly.
A serious problem that nobody seems interested, and everyone wants to pretend it never happened and has nothing to do with them.
And I'm blowing their nice pleasant visits to JapanForum every time I post about it.
I feel for those who deny it and protest such posts, I really do.
People need a place to come and relax and maybe even let off a little steam and have a nice time.
I feel their shock and outrage over the mere suggestion of what's going on with Fukushima and I sympathize with them.

"So why share it, Nippom?" I can imagine their responses. "It isn't true, so why?"

That's their POV.
Mine is, 'b/c too many well-intentioned experts, reporters, and witnesses say it's true and that people need to know.'

I've had an idea overnight.

I can simply start a new thread with a title like "Fukushima updates by Nippom".

Then I can put it somewhere else besides General Topics,
so those who react so badly won't even see it unless they really want to go there.

I will be posting new updates on the subject, but I will try to view and screen such updates in advance,
and use a measure of clear thinking to weed out anything I think may be erroneous or wildly speculative,
and just include stuffs that seem to be reasonably valid and pass the test of truth.

It's not my intention to be a scare-monger, and it's no good posting anything that's obviously false or unproven,
and only tends to discredit the issue.

Last edited by Nippom : 09-24-2011 at 05:45 PM.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Nippom (Offline)
regular

Unofficial update on Tokyo - 09-24-2011, 05:23 PM

Okay, this seems to be a relatively untrafficked section of JapanForum, so why not continue here in this thread?
Then if anyone wants it deleted or moved, they can ask the mods.

In this report; Please see this, this, this and this.

Here is a YT vid about children and radiation;
Japan's Fukushima 'worst in history' - YouTube
The 10 year old daughter of a Japanese woman in the vid is suffering from various symptoms which -taken altogether- spell radiation poisoning; severe joint pain in the arms and legs, deep rings under her eyes, and extreme tiredness to the point that the young girl sleeps for hours during the day.
These are all symptoms of radiation sickness, say the experts.
All the symptoms came at once.
"When we left Tokyo for the summer, she got better right away."
But in the video, the daughter shows the rings under her eyes and traces them with her fingertips.
The mother cannot afford to move away yet, so for now she keeps her daughter indoors, and only gives her food grown outside the affected areas.

Last edited by Nippom : 09-24-2011 at 05:43 PM.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Nippom (Offline)
regular

Message From Fukushima - YouTube - 09-26-2011, 08:51 PM

Statement from Fukushima residents;
Message from Fukushima - YouTube
They did their own radiation testing.
The government is lying to them, and refuses to evacuate them or their children.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Nippom (Offline)
regular

10.50 microsieverts in Tokyo train - YouTube - 09-26-2011, 08:58 PM

Please go here;
10.50 microsieverts in Tokyo train - YouTube
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Nippom (Offline)
regular

New Japan Cell Phone To Also Detect Radiation - 09-27-2011, 07:05 PM

Please go here (article contains sub-links);
#Radiation in Japan: DoCoMo to Introduce Smartphone with Radiation Detection Jacket | EX-SKF
Text (without embedded links);
Sunday, September 25, 2011
#Radiation in Japan: DoCoMo to Introduce Smartphone with Radiation Detection Jacket

Japan's DoCoMo is set to introduce a smartphone jacket with radiation detection sensor in the "CEATEC Japan 2011", an annual high-tech trade show in Japan, at Makuhari Messe in Chiba which will start on October 4, according to Sankei Biz (9/26/2011).

(Just when the government has launched a sort of smear campaign on small, personal survey meters as "inaccurate"...)

Apple's iPhone and iPod already have an attachment and an application that detects radiation.

According to the Sankei Biz article, DoCoMo's radiation sensor jacket, that will be attached to the back of a smartphone, will allow not only the radiation detection but also data collection over time and sharing, and mapping.

DoCoMo's press release says it will detect gamma radiation. It can detect radiation from 0.01 microsievert/hour to 100 millisieverts/hour, according to Asahi Shinbun. No information about the pricing.

In the photo, the plastic case next to the phone contains radium pellets.

(#8 (permalink))
Old
Nippom (Offline)
regular

Fukushima Desolation Worst Since Nagasaki as Residents Flee - 09-27-2011, 10:19 PM

Please go here;
Fukushima Desolation Worst Since Nagasaki as Residents Flee - BusinessWeek
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Nippom (Offline)
regular

Whistleblower - Japan's PM 'Isolated, Out Of His Depth' - 09-29-2011, 05:09 PM

Japan's PM 'isolated, out of his depth' - YouTube.flv
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Nippom (Offline)
regular

Tokyo To Burn Mass Radioactive Debris - 09-30-2011, 02:48 AM

Tokyo Metropolitan Government Will Accept and Burn Disaster Debris from Tohoku,

dumping radioactive ashes from landfill in Tokyo Bay,

will burn debris from Miyako City in Iwate Prefecture,

please go here;
Tokyo Metropolitan Government Will Accept and Burn Disaster Debris from Tohoku, Renews Efforts to Invite Olympic Games to Tokyo | EX-SKF