JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
IamKira (Offline)
Sulfer + KClO3 + Cu(1)Cl

new mods? - 06-02-2007, 10:21 PM

I don't want anyone to take offense to this, but I have noticed lately that the only really active mod is Kanji, and Kudou does his share of work as well....but for the most part, the burdens are stacked on Kanji.....I would like to propose finding two very active, and responsible people to give a mod position to......I believe it would be best for the forum in order to stop spammers and flammers in their tracks......lately I have noticed an increased number of these, and a decrease in activeness of the mods except the two mentioned above.........so I would ask for the consideration of two new mods. I believe they should be from different time zones.....we should spread out the duties so as to assure that there is a mod who will take care of a situation as soon as possible after it arises.........thank you........
-Kira

IamKira
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Jo_Kittie (Offline)
Still owns Uruha's ass.

Send a message via MSN to Jo_Kittie
06-19-2007, 12:08 AM

I agree there (: I've been on a forum with three admins, five supermods and fifteen usual mods. And even though that forum worked out well, it sometimes had to be unabled for an hour so that they could delete unneccesary posts, threads etc. More moderators, please! This forum is spammed all over, and I'm sorry to say I haven't been an angel myself.

MODS! -waves banners-

x麗 性x

last.fmfacialbookfamilyyoutube

Uruha, Bou, Yuuto, Shiyuu, Yuuichi, Yomi, Hiko, Hide, Zero
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Tolbarizhei (Offline)
is lost without you!

Send a message via ICQ to Tolbarizhei Send a message via AIM to Tolbarizhei Send a message via MSN to Tolbarizhei Send a message via Yahoo to Tolbarizhei
06-19-2007, 03:45 AM

i could have sworn there was another thread like this but it definetely needs to be emphasized again

MOds needed!! *waves hands* im sure there are plenty of people willing to help out.. myself included!

there is one true love in my life.. and sadly it will be fate that will have to hold us together
the light will continue to shine for all..
Fratello, may the angels bless you on the way throughout eternity
(#4 (permalink))
Old
QueenNanami (Offline)
I'll go with that!

Send a message via AIM to QueenNanami Send a message via MSN to QueenNanami
07-13-2007, 05:18 AM

i know i also have seen a thread like this somewhere.....

but i 3rd the motion! or 4th... Ive really only seen Kanji around lately

"The ignorant are mere stepping stones on the path to enlightenment."

"People can always have a judgment about anything you do. So it doesn't bother me. Everything can be strange to someone." - Michael Jackson
(#5 (permalink))
Old
sabrina (Offline)
New to JF

07-24-2007, 10:47 AM

Do mods get paid? Hahaha... Nah I'm actually serious.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Yggdrazzil (Offline)
Gone since 02-08-2007

Send a message via MSN to Yggdrazzil
07-27-2007, 09:06 AM

Im online during weekdays at work from 08.30 till 17.00 GMT+1 time. I'm available if you need a mod for that timeframe.

Bye
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Shaelyn (Offline)
Fae of DOOM!

Send a message via AIM to Shaelyn
07-31-2007, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrina View Post
Do mods get paid? Hahaha... Nah I'm actually serious.
wait, what?

mods don't get paid. sometimes, the admins take donations...but that's usually to pay to keep the forums going; most webspace isn't free.

no, more than likely, the admin pays out of pocket to make a webspace for everyone, maybe even pay extra to add features here and there (ex: chatrooms/shoutboxes, blogs, galleries, arcades - this stuff isn't free), and the mods just help the admin keep everything in line...b/c the admin can't do everything.

thnx boboloko for the sig!
(#8 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-25-2007, 02:24 AM

Now we have ZERO mods, and this place is like Night of the Living Dead with spammers instead of zombies.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Eiri (Offline)
Random lost person

Send a message via Yahoo to Eiri
09-25-2007, 02:44 AM

hahahahahahahahaha!!!!Night of the livin dead

My Property:Pexster, Slykaz1

If the ocean was vodka and i was a duck,
i would go to the bottom and drink my way up
but the ocean isn't vodka and i'm no duck
so pass up the bottle and shut the hell up!

Score: Eiri: 43 Slykaz1: 78Rojjin: 59 Yuna7780: 79 reihino:15 Crani:22 Ramones1976:0 AnimeBaby:3 Arikado:1 Kikibunny23:3
(#10 (permalink))
Old
alchemistchild (Offline)
Beautiful is.....

09-25-2007, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamKira View Post
I don't want anyone to take offense to this, but I have noticed lately that the only really active mod is Kanji, and Kudou does his share of work as well....but for the most part, the burdens are stacked on Kanji.....I would like to propose finding two very active, and responsible people to give a mod position to......I believe it would be best for the forum in order to stop spammers and flammers in their tracks......lately I have noticed an increased number of these, and a decrease in activeness of the mods except the two mentioned above.........so I would ask for the consideration of two new mods. I believe they should be from different time zones.....we should spread out the duties so as to assure that there is a mod who will take care of a situation as soon as possible after it arises.........thank you........
-Kira
My thoughts exactly...
anyone have ideas as who can qualify as moderator