JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
dragonrazor (Offline)
that guy in your dreams

Send a message via AIM to dragonrazor Send a message via MSN to dragonrazor Send a message via Yahoo to dragonrazor
04-04-2007, 01:17 PM

i get those sometimes...some guy with the hotmail username princejelove emailed me with a gif image of text almost entirely in french, and then tried to add me to messenger...i didn't even bother, i simply blocked the guy, i figured he was like the guy who added me last month (from india, i think) and tried to cyber with me, thinking i was a girl...my profile for MSN clearly says MALE...but no, people see the name Raven and assume it's a girl they're talking to...

RAVEN WAS THE MALE TRICKSTER DEITY FROM AMERICAN MYTHOLOGY....predating Teen Titans by hundreds, if not thousands of years x.x

still, this bit of advice reminds me of a scene from Fresh Prince of Bel Aire.

Will says to the butler "I think i made a mistake" after telling him that he only told his uncle he had an apartment because he didn't want to seem like he was useless. the butler, a very british black man (would the PC version of that be an afro-briton?) says "The word 'DUH' comes to mind"

"If we have to dance to the strings of an unseen force, that makes us no better than Zio" Chaz Ashley (not sure japanese name) Phantasy Star: End of the Millenium
(#32 (permalink))
Old
AoshiShinomori (Offline)
I wuvs Rikku the most! <3

Send a message via MSN to AoshiShinomori
04-04-2007, 08:56 PM

I take the safest route of all... I dont even keep chat software! I just post on the forum and PM when necessary. No e-mail addresses, no chat, no general communication of any type whatsoever...

and if I might add to the original notion of this thread, not only should you not give out e-mail, you should also verify the credentials of those you are communicating with to make sure that they aren't weirdos in any way. Google their userId's, google some of their posts to check if they are on any other forum, profile what they write to see if the grammar and sentence construction is consistent across posts or if they're ripping off from other places, profile any alternate user Id's you might find of theirs on other forums and even after you've done all that, remember that you can never know for sure... *Oh well you've guessed it, I'm paranoid...*

Omae mo kanjite no ka... kaze no koe?