JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Site Suggestions (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/site-suggestions/)
-   -   Instant Messenger (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/site-suggestions/6855-instant-messenger.html)

MazarDantechildofdevil 08-08-2007 05:51 PM

Instant Messenger

We need an Instant Messenger on Japan Forum:

Reasons:

1. Private Messaging just takes long.
  2. We wonna talk now

That's all my reasons for now.

Hisuwashi 08-08-2007 07:21 PM

A chat room? It's a good idea, but at present we shall have to do with Windows Live/Yahoo/AOL etc messengers.

ScreamingAtAWall 08-17-2007 03:40 AM

What about an IRC channel?

FreeNode.net is a pretty friendly place to set up shop.

ScreamingAtAWall 08-22-2007 04:19 AM

Sorry for the double post, but it's been several days since I last posted.

I just opened up #JapanForum at chat.freenode.net. Most major IRC clients (I recomment HydraIRC for windows and Xchat for *nix) will have Freenode already set as one of the many servers you can connect to. I didn't register the channel, though, so I'll idle in it for a few days to keep it open, but if a Mod/Admin wants to take control of the channel, just PM me and I'll op them, and then they can register the channel with a password to keep it up permanently (and un-op me if they so wish, haha).

If anyone here doesn't know how to use IRC, just check google for "IRC basics" or something similar. It's really easy.

Harold 08-22-2007 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScreamingAtAWall (Post 214251)
Sorry for the double post, but it's been several days since I last posted.

I just opened up #JapanForum at chat.freenode.net. Most major IRC clients (I recomment HydraIRC for windows and Xchat for *nix) will have Freenode already set as one of the many servers you can connect to. I didn't register the channel, though, so I'll idle in it for a few days to keep it open, but if a Mod/Admin wants to take control of the channel, just PM me and I'll op them, and then they can register the channel with a password to keep it up permanently (and un-op me if they so wish, haha).

If anyone here doesn't know how to use IRC, just check google for "IRC basics" or something similar. It's really easy.

I'm in right now :rolleyes:

MizuhashiMichiyo 08-22-2007 10:58 PM

yeah or a chat box. Just add that to the forum
that would be cool. Real time conversations. Meet more people :vsign:

Nanuq 08-23-2007 12:02 AM

Yes, a chatbox that is integrated in this forum would be really better, because there are so many people who don't know IRC or don't want to know, or aren't allowed to know or whatever...

The best way to chat is IRC of course, and there are also webchats where also IRC-users can chat simultaneously. But the most chatboxes are separated from IRC...

Suki 08-25-2007 03:11 PM

Yeah a chatroom might be interesting. :p And it would stop people from flooding the forum and having off topic conversation in posts.

pandayanyan 08-26-2007 06:34 PM

sounds like a great idea to me.

ohnolic 08-27-2007 07:30 AM

chatbox on top of forum / chatroom will be fun ^^