JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
ShinjukuEki (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Question Category naming: Japan-related? - 09-23-2006, 05:21 PM

While doing some testing on the wiki today, I was trying to figure out the best way to describe things that aren't Japanese but are of interest to people who are interested in Japan.

For example, I added a list to the wiki of blogs related to Japan. What is the best way to describe those blogs? Not all of them are done by Japanese, so they can't be "Japanese blogs". The more I thought about it, the more I realized that this issue is going to come up a lot as we work on the wiki. It would be good if we could come up with a standard category name and reusable phrase for things related to Japan, where not all of them are actually Japanese.

The term I came up with, and used in this case, was "Japan-related". In the case of the blogs, I used a list name of "List of Japan-related blogs" and for one of the categories I used "Japan-related blogs". Do you think the term "Japan-related" would be good for these types of cases, or is there a better way to put it? It could be "Japanese-interest" or something like that, but "Japan-related" seemed more compact and flexible to me at the time.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this wiki naming issue?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
kudo (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to kudo Send a message via AIM to kudo Send a message via MSN to kudo Send a message via Yahoo to kudo Send a message via Skype™ to kudo
09-26-2006, 06:23 PM

hmm, its not the first time a problem like this has come up.
some places keep tags like "Japan Life" or "Japanese oriented"
or, um, this isn't as great an idea:
split the blogs into sub categories? like..."Japan - travel", "Japan - business" or whatnot. know what i mean?